2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Paint

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/05, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed the other day after cleaning up my car that I had this spot on my roof. It looks like it has been touched up from the factory. I am going to bring it in this week to see if I can get ford to repaint it and pay for it. I also notice that on my front bumper I have a couple spots that looks like they never got hit with clearcoat.

Does anyone have this issue?
Old 3/12/05, 11:40 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many times factory paint jobs are re-touched for little blemishes. If this is an obvious issue, I am sure the dealer will re-paint the area free of charge.

As for the front fascia, there could be spots where they missed with the clear or encountered many of the other possible errors in painting. Again, if it is an obvious promlem, your dealer will probably buff/repaint that area.
Old 3/12/05, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

looks like a bad repair job, i'd be mad. did it come off the truck that way or was it touched up at dealer? Hope they don't try to say you did it. Good luck with the repair.
Old 3/12/05, 11:44 AM
Banned

that was a typical dealership repair/"burn in"
they spot painted / "burned in" your roof....I would definately take it back and have them refinish and clear the entire roof this time....looks like the roof might have got scratched or slightly dented there and the dealership had a mobile refinisher come by and 1/2 a.s.s repair it.
You might want to explain to the dealership that you paid for a new 05 w/ new paint, and that this isn't a ICAR recognized quality repair....this is a chop shop repair.
This spot is only going to get worse w/ time...especially since it is on the roof in direct sunlight.
-as for the bumper, that happens alot of times on bumper covers due to the amount of curves and bends...I would show the dealership the same, and have them take care of that as well....since they've already tried to pull a fast one on you.
Old 3/12/05, 12:17 PM

I would tell the dealership to remove the windshield also. The way the molding of the windshield is set, its hard to keep the molding taped and lifted away from the roof.
Just painted stripes on a customers car, and ran into nothing but problems with that roof molding. When i put stripes on mine, I will definitely being pulling my windshield.
Old 4/3/05, 09:59 PM
V6 Member

Well I finally got my GT in to get fixed. It took them a week to take care of it but they repainted my entire roof and my entire front bumper. Ford picked up the bill for it and did a great job!!! I couldn't be happier with the end result. From the sounds of things they said that it must have had a chip when it came off the truck and whoever repaired it didn't sand the layers of paint down enough. The car looks great now!!!!