2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/05, 11:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I ordered a gt coupe on 11/8/2004, car is built , shipped on 15th still not here. Called dealer today to find out status as delivery eta was 24th. He is putting a trace on it. But while talking to him he tells me that 15 red and white convertibles were just dropped off. He can't touch them he says, that they are for opening day at the cardinals, which isnt till april. Here it is I am still waiting for my darn coupe ordered 4 months ago. What the heck is ford doing. I wish they would pull there head out of there axx!. What is it going to take to get this car with no special options. no iup, just alarm,automatic,nice wheels. You would think these things are friggin lambroghini's. Anyway thought I would vent a little before I go crazy driving this darn vw bus. :angry:
Old 2/28/05, 11:43 AM
V6 Member

I'm right there with you. I ordered my GT on 11/01/04 and still C/U. Went into the dealer on Wednesday and saw a new '05 white convertible sitting on the showroom floor. Frustrating isn't even the word for this situation. This is the first new car I've ever ordered and my experience isn't sitting well with me...
Old 2/28/05, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah...I'll never order again. I usually bought off the lot. My dealer had a Sonic Blue GT with IUP. Basically the same car but I passed on it as I could never have imagined the ordeal I have been through.
Old 2/28/05, 11:57 AM
GT Member

I feel ya. I waited just short of 3 months to get mine. This is the first car I've ordered (picking out exactly what I want), and I'm so happy I did. I think the whole ordering process made me appreciate it that much more when it did come it. It will be worth it, believe me when I say that.
Old 2/28/05, 12:07 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sodaman@February 28, 2005, 12:33 PM
Well I ordered a gt coupe on 11/8/2004, car is built , shipped on 15th still not here. Called dealer today to find out status as delivery eta was 24th. He is putting a trace on it. But while talking to him he tells me that 15 red and white convertibles were just dropped off. He can't touch them he says, that they are for opening day at the cardinals, which isnt till april. Here it is I am still waiting for my darn coupe ordered 4 months ago. What the heck is ford doing. I wish they would pull there head out of there axx!. What is it going to take to get this car with no special options. no iup, just alarm,automatic,nice wheels. You would think these things are friggin lambroghini's. Anyway thought I would vent a little before I go crazy driving this darn vw bus. :angry:
What Dealership is getting the 15 convertibles. I assume it is one of the Dealers in the St. Louis, MO metro area.
Old 2/28/05, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@February 28, 2005, 12:33 PM
Wow, a VW bus....at least I have a F-150 to get me through....dude....I'm sorry. B)
Old 2/28/05, 12:16 PM
GT Member

Dan..I was told by my dealer that my car was brought back to install the series 'b' Shaker 500 cd system as well as re-flash to get rid of the MIL...etc. I guess they'd rather send it out late. My dealer said many dealers are complaining to Ford about the number of problems and are tired of fixing them at the dealership. Could be smoke by my dealer
Old 2/28/05, 12:26 PM
Banned

Which dealer in St. Louis? I would love to go by there and take a few pics?!?!?!?!?
Old 2/28/05, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Right! I know the feelings.
Its a hard thing to understand, even with all the information
we get from the Source. I too am waiting for my ride.
May we all one day, have the great ride we ordered!
Happy Trails!!
Old 2/28/05, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by 69stang351w@February 28, 2005, 1:33 PM
Right! I know the feelings.
Its a hard thing to understand, even with all the information
we get from the Source. I too am waiting for my ride.
May we all one day, have the great ride we ordered!
Happy Trails!!
amen
Old 2/28/05, 01:03 PM

Heh, my original order is seven months old today. Yes, last July. After my dealer manager called me last week and told me Ford wasn't giving his dealership any GTs until May at the soonest, I gave up. I'm buying what is almost my car up in the Detroit area this Friday.

The original was a Redfire GT Premium, Manual Tranny, IUP/ICAP, Side Airbags, Anti-Theft, Wheel Upgrade, and Shaker 500. The one I found on the lot is missing ICAP (black charcoal leather instead) and has a Shaker 1000. I don't really want the sub taking up space and weight in my trunk, but it's as close as I could get. It'll still be A-plan, so that's a plus.

I'll post pics this weekend.
Old 2/28/05, 01:24 PM
FR500 Member

yea i know u guys r waiting long but i think ull appreciate the car once u get it. hey u wanna get the dealer back make sure they put NOTHING on the car that has their name on it.
Old 2/28/05, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Gene Jockey,
See you have lots of patience!
Good to see, things worked out in the end!
Happy Trails!! B)
Old 2/28/05, 01:32 PM
GT Member

I think I remember him saying that he ordered at McMahon Ford in St. Louis. So, that must be where all the convertibles are.
Old 2/28/05, 01:51 PM
GT Member

Why would they need 15 verts for the Cards opening day? Certainly they wouldn't be giving away 15 at the game. Are they just going to drive them around on the field before the game? Still doesn't seem like they would need 15. Just curious if you asked your dealer.
Old 2/28/05, 02:53 PM
GT Member

They bring all of the players out in the convertibles. Actually, 15 doesn't sound like enough because they might have 2 players per car (25 players = 13 cars) and they also bring out owners, management, coaches, etc. So, 15 doesn't sound like quite enough, but who am I to say.
Old 2/28/05, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Hmm ... maybe they just bring out the starters and the managers in the cars. The reserve players and bullpen come out in Yugos or something.
Old 2/28/05, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered a Redfire but bought off the lot after the many holds on IUP.
It's still not here. But three verts are due in - actually two, since the first one showed up over the weekend and is sitting in the showroom...with a sold tag.
Old 2/28/05, 07:46 PM
Cobra R Member

yes it is mcmahon. I did not personally see them, I just called to ask what was up with my car, and he tells me the story of the 15 verts showing up. He just about had a heart attack he said, and yes he is pissed too. After all he has to keep dealing with me, an unhappy customer. He said he would trace it, so I will find something out from him tommorrow. They have a holding lot behind the dealer, I assume that's probably where the vert's are. good luck with pics. I am not going near the dealer until my car is in. I might go ballistic on em. Latr all.
Old 3/1/05, 10:52 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by puffyafros@February 28, 2005, 4:05 PM
Hmm ... maybe they just bring out the starters and the managers in the cars. The reserve players and bullpen come out in Yugos or something.
They rotate the cars. They drive around the warning track, drop the players off at home plate, then go out the wagon gate and reload. They usually also have some pickups with players, coaches or other staff in the back.

Quick Reply: Ford is killing me