2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford give us more colors

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/04, 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I don't understand - is it simply marketing that holds back a wider color selection? Sounds like the paint lines are so advanced they can switch between different colors in a minute. Anyone in the industry care to comment on this?
Old 12/28/04, 04:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 27, 2004, 4:56 PM
and what's this crap about WVB being a girlie color? how can the WVB is a very classy and appealing color. no other color shows off the mustang's lines like the WVB.
I agree completely. The Windveil Blue accentuates the Mustang's body lines very well. Even though I prefer Torch Red! Like Screaming Yellow and Performance White, Torch is pretty bright; this has the habit of drowning out body lines. Darker colors seem to do the same thing, but mid-range colors like Windveil Blue, Redfire, Mineral Gray and Legend Lime really let the Mustang strut her stuff!
Old 12/28/04, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 27, 2004, 4:56 PM
the WVB is a very classy and appealing color. no other color shows off the mustang's lines like the WVB.
I agree. I keep going back and forth between the Mineral Grey and the Windveil Blue. I think the MG might show less dirt, but the WB definitely makes the lines of the car "pop". If they would only offer Emberglo, that would solve this dilemma for me...
Old 1/1/05, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Brad, how and when were you given confirmation for any of the '06MY colors? I really like the Titanium color on the car.

Reasons for asking - All the issues w/ IUP (IUP lite not getting side air bags), a tough time getting a GT in my area w/ some of the options matched w/ a color I like, and more than likely waiting until spring for it to arrive if I order one

Next Oct does not seem like such a long wait for a '06MY if I order one this summer. I think all the issues w/ IUP will be worked out one way or another, 18" wheels will be available, and I can get the car exactly the way I want it.
Old 1/1/05, 03:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Im fully converted.
Old 1/1/05, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by CelticCub+December 27, 2004, 4:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelticCub @ December 27, 2004, 4:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fastbackman@December 27, 2004, 9:40 AM
Does anyone know what Colorado Red will look like in '06?
I asked the same thing earlier and no one responded. I suppose no one knows, no one cares, or they don't feel like sharing! I am pretty determined to get the TORCH RED, but I'd be really disappointed if Colorado Red turned out to be even nicer than Torch.

Like Torch Red, I don't think Colorado Red will be a metallic paint; the Redfire already has that covered. On another note, I still think the Mustang needs something in the dark green family.

Is this theory sound? I'm all ears. [/b][/quote]
Think i found colorado red!

http://www.fordfocus.com.au/home/model_zetec/

(ford focus in colorado red)
Old 1/1/05, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This whole color thing is driving me nuts! If I could just pick a color, maybe I'd have my car by now. I kept seeing this WVB V6 this evening until I noticed the rocker stripes were different colors. Now I'm not sure how many I saw (at least 2). WVB is very classy, but in agreement with another poster, I think it shows off the V6 better. MG is awesome and difficult at the same time. Neat color, but what color stripes go with it? Is it too much of a minivan color, or just easy to keep clean? As far as all of the colors that were available in the sixties, I reviewed that site liked to earlier, and while there were lots of great colors, there were also lots of really ugly ones as well. Multiple shades of beige, sky blue, and pastels are surely not what everyone wants on the '05? I think 10 colors is plenty generous of Ford. They all look great though I just don't get Legend Lime. I know that lots of you love it, and that's great, but it's not for me. So I have 9 colors to drive me nuts. What I ultimately wish to do with the car (Mach, Boss, Shelby, Custom, Stock, etc.) will determine which color works best. I had an Emberglo '66 vert, so that color holds a soft spot for me, but I don't know if I'd buy another one. Dark green aint my cup of tea, but I wish you all luck in getting it. I have to second what was said earlier that 10 colors may just be too many!
Old 1/3/05, 11:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@January 1, 2005, 6:08 PM
I am pretty determined to get the TORCH RED, but I'd be really disappointed if Colorado Red turned out to be even nicer than Torch.

Think i found colorado red!

http://www.fordfocus.com.au/home/model_zetec/

(ford focus in colorado red)
Thanks for the information, Tom. I appreciate your hunter/gatherer skills. As I've said before, I like the Torch an awful lot, but was hoping the Colorado Red wouldn't make me regret having purchased Torch after the fact.

I like the Colorado Red on that Focus. It's less tomato and more fire engine. Exactly what I was hoping for! Let's see if it translates well to the 'Stang...
Old 1/3/05, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@January 3, 2005, 12:43 PM
I like the Colorado Red on that Focus. It's less tomato and more fire engine. Exactly what I was hoping for! Let's see if it translates well to the 'Stang...
Would that mean the Colorado Red be closer to Performance Red of 2000MY? I cannot really tell that well from that pic.
Old 1/3/05, 01:40 PM
GT Member

i wish thy wud have done "Dynasty Green Metallic" or a bright orange color for the 05'
Old 1/3/05, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Titanium is going to be a great new color for 06 but I'm so happy with my Mineral Grey! It's such a unique color and no photographs do it justice for how it looks up close in person. I've had Silver and Black Mustangs and they don't hold a candle to this color.
Old 1/3/05, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by puffyafros@January 3, 2005, 4:01 PM
Titanium is going to be a great new color for 06 but I'm so happy with my Mineral Grey! It's such a unique color and no photographs do it justice for how it looks up close in person. I've had Silver and Black Mustangs and they don't hold a candle to this color.
Thou shall not diss Black!

Black owns all!
Old 1/3/05, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I LOVE SONIC BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1/6/05, 09:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by bobdobolina@December 27, 2004, 7:13 AM
Ford used to offer dealers the option of custom colors if they bought 5 identical cars through the Fleet Dept. Maybe Kevin or some of the other salepeople can confirm if Ford still does this.
I ordered my car through fleet sales and according to my salesman this is still an option. I wanted Sonic blue w/red interior. (ala corvette grand sport) Salesman said he could order them if there was a minimum of 5, so if I could find him 5 more people that wanted the same combo he could get them. Unfortunately that probably wouldn't be too easy to do so I ordered silver.
Old 1/31/05, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

Want to bump this back to the top.

Can someone in the know comment on this? Is it possible to order, say 5 dark green 05's via this option?

Anyone interested in doing so?
Old 1/31/05, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I was really hoping they would offer Highland Green this year, Ford still uses the color on the trucks so it shouldnt have been a problem.
It would make a oerfect stable mate for my Highland Green Shelby, and it would make the perfect late model bullitt also!

I thought of painting my 05 that color when it shows up but I am getting to really like the mineral Gray so I might just stick with it