2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Dealers Lacking Information

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/04, 09:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

I have been asking the various Ford Dealerships in Edmonton, Alberta for information brochures on the 2005 Mustang. The dealers would like to have the information for potential customers. Does anyone know of any Canadian Ford Dealer that as product info on the 2005 Mustang? I told my Ford Dealer in West Edmonton that I have more info at the moment than the dealership thanks to this site. I have the information card from Ford but a detailed brochure would be neat as well as pricing info.
Old 8/25/04, 09:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
They just have the basic sales training insert thats been scanned and posted here. The 500 and Freestyle brochures just showed up this week.
Old 8/25/04, 10:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I talked to my friend at a dealership yesterday and he said, "no we ain't got no brochures yet... You probably know more about the new mustang than us." (He knew i was well informed from all you at TheMustangSource.com) hehehe.
Old 8/25/04, 11:48 PM
Cobra Member

You would think that the product brochure would coincide with Mustang Job 1 on September 6, 2004. Hey wait a minute that would make common sense.....what was I thinking.

Ray Spencer
Edmonton, Alberta
Old 8/26/04, 04:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

At my dealer, no one knows or really cares that much about the 2005. I guess it's like any business -- you just get bored a bit of the product you sell.

Since all of us are really excited, it seems dealerships would get as much info as they could, but you would be wrong... instead, they kind of care less until you whip out that checkbook and give em' $500 for an 05' deposit. I know, I know -- "That's business!" BUT! Can't they make it more enjoyable?
Old 8/26/04, 05:36 AM
GT Member

I have the American version of the Preview Guide. I can scan it in if someone can upload it here. The American version is a tri-fold.
Old 8/26/04, 05:44 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

You know,
Its kind of like Chinese Water torture.... I have just kind of gave up.
I was super excited, Now I am not.
When I get it, I get it. If I don't get it I don't.
I have already had to switch car dealers once, and I am not ordering one, I will see her on the lot when the time's right.

And No, none of the dealers I have actually called have new info. Im saving the best one for last.
Old 8/26/04, 05:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
The Pittsburgh dealer didn't know much either. I brought the order guide from here with me. The saleman asked if he could copy it. When he was copying it, the other guys were starting to gather around and look at it. I gave them all this site address and told them to check it out.
Old 8/26/04, 07:19 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am also in Canada...Ontario...and the dealer knows squat. For example, when I showed up with all of my ordering codes they said.."Sorry, we don't have the codes yet and what you have most likely will not match." So 2 weeks after they called me and said they had the codes. I brought in my paper work and it matched 100%. I don't have a VIN or anything and the dealer said they will not have any information until mid September. Now I could be wrong but they are promoting the car as "coming this fall". Hopefully they didn't mean "A picture of the new mustan is.....coming this fall"
Old 8/26/04, 07:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by autothing@August 26, 2004, 5:30 AM
At my dealer, no one knows or really cares that much about the 2005. I guess it's like any business -- you just get bored a bit of the product you sell.

Since all of us are really excited, it seems dealerships would get as much info as they could, but you would be wrong... instead, they kind of care less until you whip out that checkbook and give em' $500 for an 05' deposit. I know, I know -- "That's business!" BUT! Can't they make it more enjoyable?
Everyone knows Im nuts for it, but at the dealer, why care if its not here on the lot to sell?
Old 8/26/04, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by kevinb120@August 26, 2004, 7:50 AM

Everyone knows Im nuts for it, but at the dealer, why care if its not here on the lot to sell?
You can't make a dime on something that is currently non-exsistant. A true salesman you are Kevin. B) I hope you you can't keep enough of these babies on the lot for the demand. May I add, Thanks for all the great info you have provided us over the past several months with regard to the new launch. I don't know about anyone else, but I would have been totally in the dark until I had heard about it via the national media or web world. Cheers to Kevin!
Kudos to Brad and all the others that contribute here as well. :worship:
Old 8/26/04, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Avalanche@August 26, 2004, 4:39 AM
I have the American version of the Preview Guide. I can scan it in if someone can upload it here. The American version is a tri-fold.
You don't need to scan it in. I scanned it over a month ago and brad has put it on the main page.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/
Old 8/26/04, 09:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+August 26, 2004, 7:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ August 26, 2004, 7:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-autothing@August 26, 2004, 5:30 AM

Everyone knows Im nuts for it, but at the dealer, why care if its not here on the lot to sell? [/b][/quote]
I wish ford and the dealers would show as much excitment that we have!! You would think they would show something and be greatful that we are contributing to their paychecks.Are they humble or cocky, knowing they have such a great car to offer
Old 8/27/04, 01:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Either my dealer has absolutely no idea what he's talking about or he is trying to deseptively convince me into the 04. After test driving a particularly nice Torch Red GT coupe multiple times, I decided that I would wait until the 05s to at least see what they were like. My dealer told me that the only difference was that there would be no hood scoop and that the back end would be different. I hope that ford had people working for them that are smarter than that.
Old 8/27/04, 03:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yep, that just the salesman trying to make a buck off of you, attempting to sell what he's got. Non-existent cars won't give him a paycheck.
Old 8/27/04, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

at the dealership in Arkansas- they said they wont have any brochures on the mustang until october.....
Old 8/27/04, 09:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am going with Brads suggestion(Eli Gold likes em). Every car dealer I have personally dealt with about this 05 is a freagin crook. Ok, just the two, but still.

(Yes, I got burned, and Yes I am still angry, so this is why a little tarnish got put on my pursuit of Eleanor)
Old 8/27/04, 09:35 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by TennesseeMustangManiac@August 27, 2004, 3:06 AM
Either my dealer has absolutely no idea what he's talking about or he is trying to deseptively convince me into the 04. After test driving a particularly nice Torch Red GT coupe multiple times, I decided that I would wait until the 05s to at least see what they were like. My dealer told me that the only difference was that there would be no hood scoop and that the back end would be different. I hope that ford had people working for them that are smarter than that.
I was told "the front end is different" but that's about it. I let out a short whimper trying to hold back my laughter. Then I said, "Ah, so then I really should be buying an 04".
Old 8/27/04, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

Just a little add on to my previos message the local Ford Dealer still has new 2003 Mustangs on his lot. The reason he can't get rid of them is that he refuses to reduce the price considering the 2003 model is now two years old. You would think that if he wanted to get rid of the 2003 stock he would lower the price. Wonder what sales management school Ford Dealers go to or perhaps its just greed.
Old 8/27/04, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

Talk about dumb salespeople. I had one woman telling us that the 05 was going to weigh twice as much. some people are just plain stupid to begin with. She was not worth correcting.

Another dealer the Sales Manager tell me "If I can get extras from Ford, I'll sell you one on A plan." No Thanks Mr. Greed.

Quick Reply: Ford Dealers Lacking Information