2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

FORD!

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/04, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Is it just me or is Fords lack of enthusiasm about today disconcerting to anyone else. This is a huge milestone in the history of Mustang if not the automobile and I cant help but feel down. Anticlimatic is the word I am thinking of. Anyone else have the same opinion?
Old 9/7/04, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

woah to may big words there. do cliffnotes next time you post like that
Old 9/7/04, 07:51 PM

LOL
How about this. Ford aint treatin it like the barn dance it is.
Old 9/7/04, 07:51 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
They're too busy making sure it goes right, than hooplah...

...I'm ok with that
Old 9/7/04, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

even though i joked around i agree with you. i think that we are more excited about this car than Ford is. if this car is as big as it is, why just let no info out at all and make everyone wait.
Old 9/7/04, 07:54 PM

I agree
Old 9/7/04, 07:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Are you guys sure that it was Sept. 7th 2004....not 2005.... :shock:
Old 9/7/04, 07:58 PM

I think the point i am trying to make is ford started this thing 40+ years ago and I dont think they should be casual about anything concerning this car. The chances of us seeing a new LS1 are good in 2007 and although there is an unwavoring support behind this pony ford cant be, ill say it again, casual. Its too important an Icon in the auto industry.
Old 9/7/04, 08:08 PM
FR500 Member

Be honest though... if Ford didn't have this anti-social attitude about the new Stang, would it be just as special? Would we all be just as excited? Probably not. It's like watching a horror flick where you can see the bad guy, versus the ones where you just see his shadow, or he his hiding behind a mask. This Mustang is mysterious in that way. And if Ford is meaning to do this, I think it is brilliant. The hurry-up-and-wait game, as much as it is driving me nuts, it makes me want this car so much more. Now, if they are just being lazy, well I agree with the creator of this thread... darn them all!
Old 9/7/04, 08:13 PM

I see your point its still a pain though.
Old 9/7/04, 08:24 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Boomer@September 7, 2004, 8:54 PM
They're too busy making sure it goes right, than hooplah...

...I'm ok with that
Looks like it boomer,

Also brad mentioned, Job 1 is only big at AAI,

It looks as if the big party is the 27th, when they will have the ceremonial "launch" path with all the media hype

They will probably have the job 1 car roll through the large poster, etc. etc.
Old 9/7/04, 08:25 PM
FR500 Member

I don't think there is any intention on their part about keeping closed mouth about it.

They have been forthcoming about one thing. The party doesn't start until Sept 27th when most if not all Ford dealerships have at least a Mustang on the lots.

That's when Brad has been invited to the launch....so I think expecting anything out of them before that is wishful thinking.

I think it is smart for them to hold out until then....think about it, when they start the media blitz they want people everywhere to get a glimpse of and test drive this car.
Old 9/7/04, 08:26 PM

Personally I've enjoyed them not releasing any info, i get so anxious about it some times. its kind of funny i sit and start to wonder just what its going to be like and have to shoot in the dark about it, but its kool because i know no matter what im going to have a blast.
Old 9/7/04, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with RedLine -- if we would all had something better to do while waiting for the 2005, we wouldn't feel so let down. Well RedLine said it in a nicer way, but I'm being a bit blunt since I've been in a bad mood after refreshing the Ford news page over and over and over...
Old 9/7/04, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

y'know what would be cool? If ford comes out soon with a mustang commercial on tv smoking some POS car next to it at a stop light, like the GTO commercial. :headbang: Hells yeeeeeeaaaaaah!
Anywho, yeah. I do kinda agree. Ford should be doing more to promote this car. However, if you don't remember, they've already showcased this car more than anything else (i.e. 40th anniversary, NAIAS, mustang 40th tour, just to name a few). IMO they really don't need to create more hoopla surrounding the car since its already received so much attention this year than any other car on the market. It has already gotten so much mystique to it that there really isn't anymore needed since everyone aready knows about the 05.
I just hope that when the SE's come out like the cobra, mach, boss, shelby, etc. Ford will make them so mysterious that people will be like "what the heck?" or "what was that?" because they are new limited editions.
Old 9/7/04, 09:01 PM
FR500 Member

Actually if you think about it those events are all geared to diehard motorheads, The general public really has no clue. Every Tom weiner and Harry I've talked to has no idea that a new Mustang is coming out.

Of course when they start heating up the advertising, everyone will know about it. I'm willing to bet that they've already bought major prime time slots for the last week of Sept.

By the time mid October rolls around people will be coming up to me and saying "Is that the Mustang you told me about"
Old 9/7/04, 09:04 PM
Banned

Brad said that according to a source, Ford doesn't officially recognize job 1.

Therefore, they would have nothing to comment on. Thread over.
Old 9/7/04, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

There should be something in my local paper tomorrow about it
Old 9/7/04, 10:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I still think they dropped the ball waiting so long. Nobody but ford stalls a launch like this. They missed an easy opportunity to have 35,000 units out already by missing the ENTIRE summer. Is as dissapointing as the lame hp of the engines across the line of cars. Who releases an all new sedan with the lowest horsepower in class, by a LONG shot. I mean its HYPE HYPE HYPE, MYSTERY MYSTERY MYSTERY, and VIOLA!!! 203hp..........wtf is that? The crown vic still rolls on the face of the earth as a NEW product? Not to mention a breakthrough Hybrid that they cant step up and make enough to even produce an available in-stock unit on a showroom floor. For this callendar year-only 4000? how can you hype a product you can not buy? It dumbfounds me how weak a launch that vehicle gets, what a blunder. Ford definately neglets its automotive line more then any other manufacturer, and tends to wait 5 years too long on every single move they make. And nope, still no pricing, Ford cant make up its mind on what to charge, who knew it would be so complicated to do-with not one other competitor. :sleep: Its like the only advertising they do is to tell you how large rebates are. I'm excited.........
Old 9/7/04, 10:55 PM

Exclamation

Originally posted by darkpilatus@September 7, 2004, 7:51 PM
Is it just me or is Fords lack of enthusiasm about today disconcerting to anyone else. This is a huge milestone in the history of Mustang if not the automobile and I cant help but feel down. Anticlimatic is the word I am thinking of. Anyone else have the same opinion?
well considering job 1 was pushed back to late september early oct. about 2 weeks ago. i dont know what your dealerships are telling you but today is not job 1