2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

First sightings of 05 Mustangs in Clarksville, TN

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/04, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks! Long time lurker and first time poster here. I wanted to wait until I had something decent to contribute before posting. I had the opportunity to see two 2005s today here in Clarksville, TN for the first time so I thought I'd post some pics and my impressions. I am the owner of an Atlantic Blue 1998 GT with a Mineral Grey 2005 GT on order (IUP, Shaker 1000, bullit wheels and spoiler delete).

First off, the Windveil Blue V-6 is, as far as I can tell, an as of yet unclaimed vehicle at Jenkins & Wynne Ford here in Clarksville. The Windveil Blue is a really nice color, but the parchment interior without IUP is totally bland. I was less than impressed by it. I didn't particularly care for the wheels with the spinner cap either. Blech.
Old 10/17/04, 12:28 AM

The Torch Red GT was brought in by an individual that got it from a dealer in Bowling Green, KY. I understand that he had an insider that gave him the deal because they received it in a shipment and it was an unclaimed car. It's an automatic with dark charcoal leather, IUP, and the machined wheels. I am not a huge fan of brightly colored cars, but the Torch Red looked sharp.
Old 10/17/04, 12:29 AM

Impressions on the exterior:
- The rear wing is nicer than what is out there on the SN-95 bodies, but it's clearly non functional and doesn't lend much style to the car. I have trouble keeping gunk off of the trunk lid on my 98, so I'll be glad to be rid of the wing and with a nice slick look to the back end. The other poster who has the Black GT with spoiler delete just reaffirms my impression of the spoiler. I don't care for it.
- I really liked seeing these cars near a lot of older Mustangs (72 Mach 1, tons of late 60's models, Fox bodies and SN-95s). It's interesting when they are sitting near each other that you can pick out small styling cues on the 2005 that come from older models. The one thing that stood out for me that I didn't notice before was the similarity of the honeycomb grill pattern with that of the '72 Mach.
- Speaking of the honeycomb, my friend made a good observation about the front grille. Some of the honeycombs are filled in and will probably collect a good amount of dirt and will be hard to keep clean.

Impressions inside the car:
- The owner of the GT was kind enough to let me sit in it. Woooooohoooo! I felt it was very comfortable. The seats are great... supportive and give you a very secure feel because they kinda wrap around you. I like the textured leather in them more than what I have in my 98.
- The shifter location is a big improvement over the SN-95s. This was an automatic and I'm used to manual, but I didn't feel like I was making a big reach as I have to in my 98.
- I don't think that the pictures of the cockpit with the IUP really do it justice. It was amazing. The gauges are bigger than they look in the pictures, I think, and are extremely easy to read.

I keep seeing people ask about the "dot matrix" pattern on the windows. Here's the best closeup I could take of the rear window...
Old 10/17/04, 12:36 AM

People have also inquired about the sound of the exhaust. The owner of the GT did crank it up and run it for a while. Since my 98 GT has straight through pipes and Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers, I felt that the exhaust note (admittedly at idle) was pretty tame... too quiet. Here's a link to a Quicktime video I took with my digital camera that lets you hear the exhaust note. All of my friends that saw/heard the car agree that the video makes the car sound more aggressive than it was in person. I hope that the link here works...

Exhaust sound movie
Old 10/17/04, 03:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 98blueGTinto05GreyGT@October 17, 2004, 12:26 AM
Hey folks! Long time lurker and first time poster here. I wanted to wait until I had something decent to contribute before posting. I had the opportunity to see two 2005s today here in Clarksville, TN for the first time so I thought I'd post some pics and my impressions. I am the owner of an Atlantic Blue 1998 GT with a Mineral Grey 2005 GT on order (IUP, Shaker 1000, bullit wheels and spoiler delete).

First off, the Windveil Blue V-6 is, as far as I can tell, an as of yet unclaimed vehicle at Jenkins & Wynne Ford here in Clarksville. The Windveil Blue is a really nice color, but the parchment interior without IUP is totally bland. I was less than impressed by it. I didn't particularly care for the wheels with the spinner cap either. Blech.
something decent to contribute! HA that never stopped me!

hehe look..BEAVIS and bananas ..that makes for a great post!

w00t
Old 10/17/04, 03:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Juris, thanks a lot for your photos and the nice writeup the dot matrix mystery finally solved, wtg!
Old 10/17/04, 03:40 AM
Cobra Member

yay

ima GT member!! woot i knew all those pointless posts would pay off =p
Old 10/17/04, 03:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

the video link won't work btw
Old 10/17/04, 05:24 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 98blueGTinto05GreyGT@October 17, 2004, 12:26 AM

Hey Juris,

Small world..I live in Clarksville and saw the show as well. In fact, I saw the W/Blue when it was being detailed at the dealership before it made it to the Library Show. I agree that the interior w/out the IUP looks "okay". I have to remind myself that if the IUP were not an option, I'd find the dash looking good (Okay). My salesman called me at around 10:00 and told me the V-6 had arrived and was being detailed.

I arrived shortly thereafter, and asked the cleanup boys for a look. It was my first time to see an 05', and I was impressed. Like you, I ordered an 05' mineral grey. Mine is "delayed" because of the IUP option. Seeing the V-6 was important for me, especially since I have the opportunity to eliminate the option and get the car sooner. After seeing the without (V-6) and the with (G-T), I have definetly decided to stay with the IUP and hope Ford can get the car produced. I will say (Like others have already said) that the W/Blue looks really good in person!

I have never been a fan of the fog lights in the grill of the GT's, but after seeing the GT (RED), I think it loks really good. Good pics! I only had my camera phone with me at the dealership, and it appeared they were saving electricty in the cleanup bay (dark).

Welcome to the forum! Do you have a status on your GT?
Old 10/17/04, 05:29 AM
GT Member

Juris,

I almost forgot.....the W/Blue is already sold (according to my salesman). I inquired about it on Friday night and was told by the GM that the car has sold, with the stipulation that it stay at the dealeship until a replacement comes in from the showroom.
Old 10/17/04, 07:30 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 98blueGTinto05GreyGT@October 17, 2004, 12:31 AM
I am not a huge fan of brightly colored cars, but the Redfire looked sharp.
Thanks for the pictures!

Are you sure that's Redfire? It looks like Torch Red.
Old 10/17/04, 08:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree. If it wasn't metallic, it's torch. And that definitely looks like Torch.

Thanks and welcome to the forums!
Old 10/17/04, 08:47 AM

Jimmy and Juris...

"Like you, I ordered an 05' mineral grey. "

Well guys, that looks like there will be three Mineral Gray 05s running around here

Did you guys buy local or Nashville?

John
Old 10/17/04, 08:58 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Juris, thanks for the writeup. The vid doesn't work though?

And that car is Torch not Redfire BTW.
Old 10/17/04, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by jcopin+October 17, 2004, 3:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jcopin @ October 17, 2004, 3:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-jcopin@October 17, 2004, 12:26 AM

hehe look..BEAVIS and bananas ..that makes for a great post!
[/b][/quote]
jcopin-

Funny thing. I used to post on StangNet as bungholio and had Beavis as my avatar!

Cheers,
Juris
Old 10/17/04, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by Dan@October 17, 2004, 9:01 AM
Juris, thanks for the writeup. The vid doesn't work though?

And that car is Torch not Redfire BTW.
OK... I'll figure out how to get the vid up later on a different site and will repost it! Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
Juris
Old 10/17/04, 09:07 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can email me the vid and I'll host it

Last edited by dustindu4; 8/27/13 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10/17/04, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by Mad Mac@October 17, 2004, 8:50 AM
Jimmy and Juris...

"Like you, I ordered an 05' mineral grey. "

Well guys, that looks like there will be three Mineral Gray 05s running around here

Did you guys buy local or Nashville?

John
Jimmy and John-

I ordered from Jenkins & Wynne here in Clarksville. I have not gotten any real info up to this point except for an expected 25 October build date.

I would switch dealers because of the lack of info from them and that they do not want to negotiate price yet, but I bought my first Mustang from them and they've given me great service over the years. I do anticipate having to make an ultimatum to them at some point. Where did you guys order? Do you have a negotiated price?

Here's a rundown of what I've got on order:
Mineral Grey GT 5 speed
Dark Charcoal leather with IUP
Shaker 1000
Spoiler delete
Bullitt wheels

Cheers,
Juris
Old 10/17/04, 10:35 AM
GT Member

I live in middle TN also, maybe this is a good sign that mine will be here soon!!!! Dealer still saying that it will be here before the end of the month. Can't get a straight answer out of anyone.
Old 10/17/04, 10:47 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the vid!

Last edited by dustindu4; 8/27/13 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply: First sightings of 05 Mustangs in Clarksville, TN