2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

First Post/First Order (2007 GT)

Old 6/22/06, 01:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Post/First Order (2007 GT)

This is my first post after reading tons of great threads on this board.
This is also my first official Mustang order. About dang time!

My order went in on 6/20 with a PR CD of 11. Here are the specs:
T82/140A Premium Coupe 2D
UA Black Clearcoat
44L Automatic, 5-Spd w/Overdrive
68B Premier Trim Pkg w/Color (Charcoal)
67D Charcoal Instrument Panel Applique
17L Wheel Locking Kit
14A Anti-Theft System
43A Restraint System, Front Side

The order process was easy (good dealer), but I feel I rolled the dice a bit with the premier trim. I've not seen an all dark with premier. The pics I've seen so far look tuff, so I'm not too worried. The stick/auto op was back and forth from the start. 18"s will be a later mod, so I didn't go with the option.

now the wait.......
Old 6/22/06, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hessian

UA Black Clearcoat
17L Wheel Locking Kit
14A Anti-Theft System

The order process was easy (good dealer), but I feel I rolled the dice a bit with the premier trim. I've not seen an all dark with premier. The pics I've seen so far look tuff, so I'm not too worried. The stick/auto op was back and forth from the start. 18"s will be a later mod, so I didn't go with the option.

now the wait.......
Congrats!!!
Old 6/22/06, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations!!! I ordered mine on 6/12 and it is going to be built next week (6/28 probably) so it may not be as long as you think. My dealer said they seem to build automatics quicker than standards. I don't know if that is true or not but mine has sure gone quickly so far.
Old 6/22/06, 05:12 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by BeBeep
Congratulations!!! I ordered mine on 6/12 and it is going to be built next week (6/28 probably) so it may not be as long as you think. My dealer said they seem to build automatics quicker than standards. I don't know if that is true or not but mine has sure gone quickly so far.
What!?! You have your VIN already? I ordered mine 4-26 and my dealer keeps telling me they know nothing...no VIN.

wtf is going on here!
Old 6/22/06, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hoops
What!?! You have your VIN already? I ordered mine 4-26 and my dealer keeps telling me they know nothing...no VIN.

wtf is going on here!
Yes, I do have a VIN and today my salesman faxed me my invoice with all the particulars. He also looked in the computer and said my dealer ETA is 7/14. My dealer is a high allocation dealer and mine is also an automatic. I have read that that makes a difference. I was also a priority 10 from the beginning so that did not hurt either.

I am glad things are happening for me so quickly but i feel bad for those of you who ordered long ago. My feeling is they should build in the order the orders are received, but that is obviosly not how Ford works.

Hopefully something will break loose for you soon.

Good Luck,
Bob
Old 6/22/06, 07:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hessian

UA Black Clearcoat
17L Wheel Locking Kit
14A Anti-Theft System

now the wait.......
I didn't know you could order the premier trim package in charcoal aka all dark!! Dang, that is what I want then. Please post pics when your car arrives!!
Old 6/23/06, 12:14 AM
V6 Member

premier trim question

Originally Posted by shatter
I didn't know you could order the premier trim package in charcoal aka all dark!! Dang, that is what I want then. Please post pics when your car arrives!!
The dealer I spoke with said it was possible and it seems that way on the order conformation. I hope no doves sneak their way in there. I would of at least went with parchment. I think thats a bit darker. Anybody know this for sure?
Old 6/23/06, 04:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shatter
That's what mine will be. It should arrive next week.

Chip in SC
Old 6/23/06, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

wtf is going on here!
Uh, either your dealer is an idiot or he is hiding something from you. I would go to this guy's boss.
Old 6/23/06, 07:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BeBeep
...My feeling is they should build in the order the orders are received, but that is obviosly not how Ford works.
That's how Toyota does it...First In, First Out..
Old 6/23/06, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

wtf is going on here!
Do you have a Vehicle Order Confirmation? If you have that, you can call VOPC and find out the status of your vehicle through the automated line. Don't speak with an analyst. Ypu will need the Dealer Code, the Body type, and the Order Number.

Chip in SC
Old 6/23/06, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
That's how Toyota does it...First In, First Out..
Alan,
I'm still suprised you aren't being built this week. Any new info from VOPC?

Chip
Old 6/23/06, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Do you have a Vehicle Order Confirmation? If you have that, you can call VOPC and find out the status of your vehicle through the automated line. Don't speak with an analyst. Ypu will need the Dealer Code, the Body type, and the Order Number.

Chip in SC
I don't think so. The only paper work I have from my dealer are the papers I signed on 4-26, the day I ordered my car. I also have a recieved a fax showing my price (x plan). Is that the Vehicle Order Confirmation? I need to look at all my paper work closer once I get home.

I assume the Vehicle Order Confirmation is what the dealer recieves from Ford after the dealer submitted the order? I'll have to go to my dealer... (up until this point I've only been emailing/calling)

Thanks,
Old 6/24/06, 09:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't think so. The only paper work I have from my dealer are the papers I signed on 4-26, the day I ordered my car. I also have a recieved a fax showing my price (x plan). Is that the Vehicle Order Confirmation? I need to look at all my paper work closer once I get home.

I assume the Vehicle Order Confirmation is what the dealer recieves from Ford after the dealer submitted the order? I'll have to go to my dealer... (up until this point I've only been emailing/calling)

Thanks,
The dealer should print a Vehicle Order Confirmation as soon as he enters your order and sends it to the order bank. Among other things, it will have your order#, priority code and the options you ordered. Finally, written at the top of the page, it will say "Vehicle Order Confirmation". Ask your salesman for a copy of this. Then you can track the status of your car.

Congrats on getting your order placed!

Chip in SC
Old 6/25/06, 01:02 PM

The plot thickens....

The day I ordered my car, 4-26, I recieved a Vehicle Order Confirmation document. A few weeks ago I had my dealer fax me the price of the car. They faxed me a Vehicle Order Confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number, and date 6-2, than the one I recieved on 4-26. So now I have two Vehicle Order Confirmation documents, one without pricing with a 4-26 date, one with pricing with a 6-2 date. I called the Ford VOPC number this weekend and the 4-26 order number isn't recognized, and the Vehicle Order Confirmation with the 6-2 date on it is recognized but not even serialized yet .

I'm starting to regret the fact that I ordered from this dealer. I have a feeling they didn't submit the order until 6-2, even though I placed it 4-26!
Old 6/26/06, 05:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Alan,
I'm still suprised you aren't being built this week. Any new info from VOPC?

Chip
No, all I really have is discouraging news from the guy at the plant who posted the build restrictions. Basically, the GT manual, with 18" billets and the GT appearance package is like a triple whammy in terms of getting allocated / scheduled. So, right now my assumption is that the delay that it took for me was to assure that I could get allocated those options.
Old 6/26/06, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm starting to regret the fact that I ordered from this dealer. I have a feeling they didn't submit the order until 6-2, even though I placed it 4-26!
Either that, or your original order was for an '06 or they lost it...or they got it in and sold out from under you.
Old 6/26/06, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Either that, or your original order was for an '06 or they lost it...or they got it in and sold out from under you.
My 4-26 order was for an 07...besides, I don't think they're that smart.
Old 6/26/06, 03:58 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Well I just ordered mine 07 Mustang 6-14 from my dealer and he stated that manual trans.and the GT Apper. pkg were fine and no back order but 18" rims could put you behind by 4 or more weeks. But then I'm still waiting for my paper work.

dly
Old 6/26/06, 05:17 PM
Bullitt Member

The plot thickens....

The day I ordered my car, 4-26, I recieved a Vehicle Order Confirmation document. A few weeks ago I had my dealer fax me the price of the car. They faxed me a Vehicle Order Confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number, and date 6-2, than the one I recieved on 4-26. So now I have two Vehicle Order Confirmation documents, one without pricing with a 4-26 date, one with pricing with a 6-2 date. I called the Ford VOPC number this weekend and the 4-26 order number isn't recognized, and the Vehicle Order Confirmation with the 6-2 date on it is recognized but not even serialized yet .

They probably couldn't officially order it until the beginning of June due to allocation issues. In order to keep you as a customer they may have produced someone else's or "faked" a VOC. Just a theory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Post/First Order (2007 GT)