2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

finally put Powered by Ford engine cover on

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/07, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally put Powered by Ford engine cover on

It wasn't hard at all. It took like five minutes to put it on. Looks awesome. This is my first mod since I did it myself. I've been looking at Car PC's and other stuff but the car is so perfect the way it is. So happy I did not get the package with the hood scoop since I'm not a fan of that but now I have everything I wanted from the factory on my GT/CS. Car was so perfect stock I didn't want to mess anything up but last night I was grabbed by the idea of mods.
Old 11/29/07, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Got to Agree Again !!

CRR: Agree that as an option the GT/CS is a very sharp factory package! We too, got the plenum cover, as part of closing the purchase deal on the CalStang. Stock is just about perfect. That being said. We will do some very small upgrade things to personalize the Stang. Only reversiable ones though! Want to do the the rear black out panel, the rear glass black louvers and a new shifter/bezel mod too! Just love this Fun and wonderful Pony!! Just changed his motor oil and filter, plus Stabil. And hes now in the garage, sleeping on the jackstands for this winter. Spring! Can't Wait!!
Old 11/29/07, 07:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CarRamRod
It wasn't hard at all. It took like five minutes to put it on. Looks awesome. This is my first mod since I did it myself. I've been looking at Car PC's and other stuff but the car is so perfect the way it is. So happy I did not get the package with the hood scoop since I'm not a fan of that but now I have everything I wanted from the factory on my GT/CS. Car was so perfect stock I didn't want to mess anything up but last night I was grabbed by the idea of mods.
Old 11/29/07, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

ok I'll post some tonight. Figure you guys have seen enough stock engines with engine cover but ok. I've got the pictures just need to grab them from my documents and post them up.

I did think of something today that I am curious about. The shifter boot inside the bezel is tight. It's also very dry I think due to the air being extremelly dry. Is there some kind of polish/liquid/synthetic that people use to reduce the tightness of it? It's so tight that sometimes I can hear a little noise off of it due to a bend in the material. I can usually just massage it out with my hand but it seems like there should be something I can apply to it that would reduce/resolve this problem instantly???

thanks.
Next Mod: Girlfriend is updating me from an original nano(I'll use it for working out) to a 160 GIG Ipod Classic for Christmas. I know it really should be something like exhaust or CAI but why mess with it? I already love it.
Old 11/29/07, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

The flash on the camera made me decide it was time to clean the whole engine bay.
Old 12/7/07, 12:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work, I ordered one of these right after I got my GT. Best dress up for the $$$ at the time!