2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally pics of my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/04, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR@October 17, 2004, 4:07 PM
But are the Texas dealers required by law to mount the front license plate onto the car?
I don't think they are. When I got my Z-28, the dealership did not put on the mounting bracket without me telling them not to.
Old 10/17/04, 04:15 PM

If it boils down to between selling the vehicle and the customer walking away, I've got money that the dealership will look the other way at any small law like that and throw the provided "bracket" uh-hum... onto the front seat.

When I purchased my 01GT, I told the dealership that if I see a plate screwed onto my front bumper or two holes in it and a sticker on the trunk, I will refuse to take delivery of the vehicle. FYI, Illinois also requires a front plate. Well guess what, no front plate, no holes in the front bumper and no sticker. I never had any problems with any police officers about not having a plate on my car at all.

Btw. beautiful car. The more I see the 05's in real-life photo's and a few on the street they more I love it and want to get one.
Old 10/17/04, 04:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Beautiful car! Congratulations!
Old 10/17/04, 04:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Longhorn,
Wow, this is just awesome seeing your pics. This is exactly my car. I'm curious as to which stereo you got. Let me know which one and how it sounds etc. I'm trying to get April to trade me her Bullets for my concepts. We'll see if she agrees.

Good luck with the car. It is just beautiful and reaffirms my choice. I'm quite excited and happy I've decided to go this direction. Also, I will keep my red mats in a plastic bag probably for shows only. Black ones will be for everyday use.

Oh, one more thing. I'm glad I wasn't the one to miss the "husband" comment and ask about you. LOL.
Old 10/17/04, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Longhorn love the car wish I could get mine know. Also update your car in your personal info.
Old 10/17/04, 05:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nice Ride ! Thanks for sharing the pics, and enjoy tooling around in it !!
Old 10/17/04, 05:28 PM
GT Member

very nice car!!!
Old 10/17/04, 05:29 PM
V6 Member

Congrats!!!!! Excellent choice When did you order, etc? Think of us all when you are out driving!!
Old 10/17/04, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a really nice car and the first I have seen posted by a lady. So far from what I have seen there are 3 black ones and 1 grey one. I'm dying to see the other colors now.... Mine is one of the 5000 or so on hold and it's driving me CRAZY.... A cop told me that they USUALLY won't stop you unless they have other reasons to stop you and will use that as an excuse....Or you could just get a real "jerk" cop.... Anyway, love the car.
Old 10/17/04, 06:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Longhorn-gal+October 17, 2004, 2:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Longhorn-gal @ October 17, 2004, 2:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kevinb120@October 17, 2004, 1:42 PM
sweetness!

you single?
<!--QuoteBegin-Longhorn-gal
@October 17, 2004, 1:37 PM
Plus my husband actually got a ticket for not having a front plate once.
Um no. B) [/b][/quote]
heh, I'm a guy, I was busy with the pictures and not the words B)
Old 10/17/04, 06:25 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nice car!! im so angry that none of the dealers near my place have the 05's yet. i went out to 5 dealerships today all said they were coming in anytime from monday until the second week of november but i did see a real nice MystiChrome Cobra coupe....

i kno this is but i think my parents are falling for the Ford 500. i saw quite a few today and i think this a real nice car. for a family sedan of course...
Old 10/18/04, 11:30 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'll let the photographer of that first picture know how much it was enjoyed.

Try to answer a few questions, hopefully I won't miss many of the ones asked.

I ordered the Shaker 1000. It sounds really good, but to be honest, the CAR sounds so good I haven't had the stereo on much when driving.

The dealership was not going to put the front plate bracket on after my husband asked them not to. Then we decided that we should go ahead and do it. That ticket he got for his front plate turned into an arrest warrant after he didn't pay it (didn't realize it was really a ticket--for something so silly). And yes, it was issued by a cop in a speed-trap town. They earn a good deal of money by issuing any kinds of tickets they can.

I ordered the car on June 23. At least that's the date on the Vehicle Order Confirmation that was faxed to me by the dealer later that day.

I have not yet sat in the back (are you kidding? I'm driving it!). My husband sat in the back for a little while when we also had his cousin with us. He had plenty of legroom behind me (I'm only 5'3" and he is 6') but the headroom was not quite enough. He had to tilt his head to the side a little. I haven't folded the rear seats down yet. Maybe next photo session I'll do it a take a quick shot of it.

The IUP looks great. I haven't played around with MyColor too much, but all the other features in the Message Center (like average MPG and stuff) are really neat. A Mustang has never told me "passenger door ajar" before! But as far as the aluminum dash, that looks great. No glare that I've noticed, and I was a little worried about that. I am VERY glad I got the IUP.

Punjabi: noooo! I want the only one like this in Austin! BTW, Mac Haik told me that this was the second 2005 Mustang sold in the Austin area. The first was sold by Maxwell earlier the same day.

and Kevin-- your comment was quite flattering Thanks for all your help in regards to info on X-plan, pricing, etc. I had enough ammunition to convince them to give me X-plan pricing after all.

And anyone else in Austin area: Mac Haik did a great job for me. My salesman was Doug Pye. Everyone there (employees & customers alike) was very jealous. They kept telling my husband congrats. Silly stereotyping, it's MY car!

Also, you wouldn't believe some of the looks we've been getting the last two days. Everyone wants to take cameraphone pics on the road, etc.

I'm getting the windows tinted tomorrow. I'll share more pics after that.

Now I get to go show it off at work!!
Old 10/18/04, 11:33 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Badandy@October 17, 2004, 1:50 PM
I love the color combo. For me though, I HATE the red floormats. Put some black ones in that baby and the color contrast between black and red would look even better.

Great car!
I agree, the red floor mats are just a little to much red.
Old 10/18/04, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

wow longhorn! Thanks for that writeup. I am eagerly awaiting my own and this helps pass the time.
Old 10/18/04, 11:41 AM
V6 Member

No problem Badandy. I really wish I could share with all of you how good this car sounds in person.

There is no question that this Mustang is all new. The suspension feels different from my 2000, sounds very different, interior is of course completely awesome, leather feels great... such fun to drive!
Old 10/18/04, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Longhorn-gal@October 18, 2004, 12:33 PM

I'm getting the windows tinted tomorrow. I'll share more pics after that.
Which windows are you getting tinted? back window and quarter side windows, are they going to do anything with the front...I'm interested in what they can do around the dot-matrix horse in the front window.

Thanks
Old 10/18/04, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Joe L+October 18, 2004, 12:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe L @ October 18, 2004, 12:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@October 17, 2004, 1:50 PM
I love the color combo. For me though, I HATE the red floormats. Put some black ones in that baby and the color contrast between black and red would look even better.

Great car!
I agree, the red floor mats are just a little to much red. [/b][/quote]
I got a good set of dark char. 4 mats at target for $14
Old 10/18/04, 11:44 AM
V6 Member

My husband is the tint expert in the family. I'll see what he says, and I'll try to remember to take a picture of that area afterwards.
Old 10/18/04, 11:52 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Longhorn-gal...you have PM
Old 10/18/04, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats Longhorn Gal,

Getting me excited for when I get mine. Because I live in Michigan I am going to get mine in the spring (will be my summer ride). It's great to finally see real people own these cars. Hope you have fun in your new ride!

Jason B)

Quick Reply: Finally pics of my Mustang