2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

FINALLY, A Nice 05 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 07:20 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my way to the horse stables, I am travelling north on the major street near my house. I see the front end of a Satin Silver GT coming up behnd me. He slides next to me, and I say to my daughter, "Look, sweet huh." She nodded.

I decided I had some room on the street ahead of me, and knew I had to let him think I wasnt going to jump it, or it would come down to driving. I am a good driver, but he easily could be better. I let him go, giving him the sense I wasnt game. He got half a car length ahead of me, and I jumped it.

As I roared past, I glance over to see him smiling. I let off (once I was ahead of him ) and we met up at the next light.

Come to find out , its our own 2MFF!! We had a nice chat.

I was stoked to finally meet someone from here on the road!

Nice car man,
Old 6/6/05, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I thought all '05 owners were nice?
Old 6/6/05, 07:24 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

No, Harald not all of them are nice. Most of the ones I know from here are, and I should have figured that this guy was from here. I didnt get a dirty look. Most of the 05ers in my area that arent on here give me really evil looks. I dont get it, but oh well!!!
Old 6/6/05, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I passed a guy in a 6 yesterday and he was just a smilin and thumbs upin and light flashin as it gets. It was cool for sure. Haven't seen many of them around here at all though so not much to go on.
Old 6/6/05, 09:34 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I used to be like that, make sure to get up next to another Stang, and wave and give a thumbs up. I got shot down so many times, I dont even look over anymore. In fact, when I saw 2MFF today, I didnt even try to give a thumbs up. Figured I would get the cold shoulder again. Earlier today, I rode alongside a PerfWhite GT for a couple miles, kept looking over, and the driver looked like she was trying to make me disappear by sheer brain power. (Must not be a TMS member, LOL)
Old 6/6/05, 10:00 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

what the heck are you talking about biznatch, you know me and I am a nice 05 owner...sheesh.
Old 6/6/05, 10:02 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

LMAO Rick, I clarified saying NOT ON HERE, those I have met just on the road.
Old 6/8/05, 03:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 6, 2005, 10:37 PM
I used to be like that, make sure to get up next to another Stang, and wave and give a thumbs up. I got shot down so many times, I dont even look over anymore. In fact, when I saw 2MFF today, I didnt even try to give a thumbs up. Figured I would get the cold shoulder again. Earlier today, I rode alongside a PerfWhite GT for a couple miles, kept looking over, and the driver looked like she was trying to make me disappear by sheer brain power. (Must not be a TMS member, LOL)
yes I gave up waving at other Mustang owners, but yesterday a Satin Silver V-6 did flash the high beams at me, I almost missed it too, but hopefully they saw me flash my lights and wave back at them.
There is a PerfWhite V-6 similar to mine that I pass quite often but the lady ignores me. Maybe just maybe I frighten her?
Old 6/8/05, 06:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cool that you bumped into someone from the forums. I agree, not all 05 owners are nice. I wave to all the 05's I see and most give me a dirty look. Oh well.
Old 6/8/05, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 6, 2005, 9:37 PM
Well, I know this won't exactly apply to your example. But speaking from experience in the motorcycle world, where every RUB or wanna be waves every opportunity they get. After a while, it just gets old. Call me a snob if you like, but I been riding motorcycles on the streets ( legally ) since I was 17. Now I am not going to say how long ago that was, lets just say it was at least 20 years. I am tired of waving at people....
Old 6/8/05, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

I haven't seen many '05s around here, but most of the ones I have met haven't been that nice either.

This one guy I met at a car wash who had a torch red GT was just plain snobby. I had my black GT in the Self-Service bay and mostly obscured from view. I was about to start rinsing off the suds when I saw a GT come out of the automatic car wash. So I walked over to the owner, who was middle-aged guy.

"Cool car," I said.

He gave me this sneery "yeah-you-wish-you-had-this-car-kid" look.

Undeterred, I pointed over to the Self-Service bay. "I have one just like it."

This guy proceeds to look walk very quickly past me to see the front end of my car. Now he's REALLY jealous! He's not the only kid on the block with a new toy.

"Oh, you got black. It'll look bad in a week." No nice car or anything. He said it as if it was almost a relief to him or something. Now I'm starting to get a little irritated.

"Nah, I take good care of it. I use Meguiar's 3-step. When did you get yours?"

He gets that snobbish look on his face again. "I got mine in February. I SPECIAL ordered it LAST YEAR, and I had to pay a special PREMIUM to get it so early." I was waiting for him to say HA! or so there!, lol.

"Oh, well I didn't SPECIAL ORDER mine-" the guy snorts at this - "but I did get it in November after just ordering it normally back in August. I guess since I didn't SPECIAL order it I didn't have to pay a PREMIUM for it. In fact, I paid way under sticker. But hey, you 'special ordered' yours."

The guy doesn't say anything, just gives me that sneery look again. So I decide to take the high road.

"Good luck with the car, man," I say as I turn back to my car. He didn't return the sentiment.

I've never seen a guy act so jealous. That was the most jealous straight man in the world, lol. It was almost like we were two chicks who showed up at the Prom wearing the same dress. I just don't get it. I always get excited when I see another '05, especially if it's a GT like mine. But this guy and a few others I've come across seem to want to turn it into a competition. "Oh, sticks stink. The IUP looks cheap, black stinks, my car is better than your car, blah blah blah..."

Maybe it's the fact that I live near the Jersey shore and all the local dealerships (I got my car from a dealership 50 miles away) are charging ridiculous markups? So the people who pay them need to somehow justify the extra 5k - 10k the car cost them???

I have run into a few cool owners, though. One had a Redfire V6 and another had a Satin Silver GT, which really complimented the dark charcoal and IUP interior he had.
Old 6/8/05, 08:17 AM
GT Member

I pass a few snobs and a few cool ones. Passed a Yellow GT coupe w/ stripes on a major interstate here in town the other day... We were going opposite directions. I could see him coming from about a mile away and I guess he saw me too cause I went over to the far left lane (closest to median) and so did he. As we approached he stuck his arm out the window waving.... So did I. It was cool. First time I've seen one go out of their way tho to make sure I saw them wave. He was an older gentleman. Then I had a Redfire GT Vert over take me on the interstate last night with his top down and was waving as he passed. He too was an older gentleman. Maybe most of these snob owners are just about trying to be cool and not about the history and legend of the Stang like we are??? It seems tho when I pass an older man, he's sure to wave... and most likely has the car for the legend not trying to be cool.
Old 6/8/05, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 6, 2005, 7:23 PM
On my way to the horse stables, I am travelling north on the major street near my house. I see the front end of a Satin Silver GT coming up behnd me. He slides next to me, and I say to my daughter, "Look, sweet huh." She nodded.

I decided I had some room on the street ahead of me, and knew I had to let him think I wasnt going to jump it, or it would come down to driving. I am a good driver, but he easily could be better. I let him go, giving him the sense I wasnt game. He got half a car length ahead of me, and I jumped it.

As I roared past, I glance over to see him smiling. I let off (once I was ahead of him ) and we met up at the next light.

Come to find out , its our own 2MFF!! We had a nice chat.

I was stoked to finally meet someone from here on the road!

Nice car man,
You have all the luck Jessica!

EK
Old 6/8/05, 08:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The few 05s I've seen while driving mine...I've waved and gotten nothing back.

Old 6/8/05, 09:49 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 8, 2005, 10:01 AM
The few 05s I've seen while driving mine...I've waved and gotten nothing back.

Same here. I did pull behind a guy in a stock black GT at a gas station about a month ago and the guy was real cool... asking me about my mods and all that. But it's different when you are out of your car. Most everyone out there acts like they are the only one on the road when they are in their cars. So, don't expect them to notice you waving, or even care.

And by the way, I always notice a beautiful woman in a car... especially in Mustang. Any guy who doesn't is (where's the queer smiley?) and doesn't need to be driving a Mustang.
Old 6/8/05, 09:52 AM
GT Member

All 05 owners I come in contact with seem to be just as happy to see me as I am them. I get giddy when I see other 05s. I've had mine since Dec but am just now starting to see alot up here in the Twin Cities. If I get dirty looks it's usually from bitter 04 and earlier Mustang owners.
Old 6/8/05, 03:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by acadian@June 8, 2005, 8:52 AM

And by the way, I always notice a beautiful woman in a car... especially in Mustang. Any guy who doesn't is (where's the queer smiley?) and doesn't need to be driving a Mustang.
Dude, I hope you're not serious! :nono: That "queer smiley" thing could apply to several more than just me, and I'm willing to bet we love our 'stangs AND beautiful women in mustangs just as much as you(only without objectifying them!)
And yes, I CAN work on my own car, thanks...don't even mind if my manicure gets messed up!
Old 6/8/05, 03:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by adrenalin@June 8, 2005, 8:43 AM
cool that you bumped into someone from the forums. I agree, not all 05 owners are nice. I wave to all the 05's I see and most give me a dirty look. Oh well.
Some are real (rhymes with "bricks").

A few have been great though.

Unfortunately everyone isn't like the people on here. They don't want to share a common enthusiasm and love of their car with others. Many dislike that there are others with 05's and therefore they are less unique. :bang:
Old 6/8/05, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Dan@June 8, 2005, 4:20 PM
Some are real (rhymes with "bricks").

A few have been great though.

Unfortunately everyone isn't like the people on here. They don't want to share a common enthusiasm and love of their car with others. Many dislike that there are others with 05's and therefore they are less unique. :bang:
99% of the people on the road around here are jerks, no matter what they drive. I have only talked to one other '05 owner (at the custom place next door to my place of work), and he was a cool guy. We talked about what he had done to the car, and about what I had . . . then I had to hurry back to work before anybody saw me. It was a Yellow GT with black SS louvers, black hood, black spoiler, 35% tint, and black flaming poinies down the sides. VERY nice looking car.
Old 6/8/05, 04:59 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I say that all nice mustang owners should come to our show Thursday the 16 from 5-7:30pm in Encinitas on 101....PM if you are interested

Quick Reply: FINALLY, A Nice 05 Owner