2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Fed ex jacked my Steeda parts

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/10, 10:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fed ex jacked my Steeda parts

Ordered my steeda control ***** and power plug. Arrived last night, packaged appeared tampered, opened it up and sure enuff the control ***** were gone but the power plug was there.

So now im hosed and have to pay another $40 while steeda files a claim against those fng c@)& Su#%<&@.

On a side note Steeda wasnt willing to make me the customer happy by expediting the 2nd shipment.
Old 4/15/10, 11:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Unfortunately Steeda's C/S hasn't been the greatest since it was under new management years ago. I used to be able to get friendly help from them when I needed some tech help or some info on parts, they were always happy to help out, now they act like I'm waisting their time and give me attitude
Old 4/15/10, 11:55 AM
Cobra Member

Interesting that u say that. They treated me like **** on my initial call advising them of the parts being gone. Total tude and told me if i would quit talking he could get off the phone and fig things out.

Isnt there a rep on here??
Old 4/15/10, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

When will companies learn that in this day and age, with the ease of of which bad publicity can spread that they MUST maintain quality customer service.

People will buy a bag of crap from you if you've got great customer service. It's not that hard.

With that said, I would give American Muscle a try, I hear good things about their service. I myself have also had great service from Tillman Speed.
Old 4/15/10, 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
Ordered my steeda control ***** and power plug. Arrived last night, packaged appeared tampered, opened it up and sure enuff the control ***** were gone but the power plug was there.

So now im hosed and have to pay another $40 while steeda files a claim against those fng c@)& Su#%<&@.

On a side note Steeda wasnt willing to make me the customer happy by expediting the 2nd shipment.
Who did you speak to, what part number was it? I want to see if we have more in stock.
Old 4/15/10, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Unfortunately Steeda's C/S hasn't been the greatest since it was under new management years ago. I used to be able to get friendly help from them when I needed some tech help or some info on parts, they were always happy to help out, now they act like I'm waisting their time and give me attitude
That news to me, since I've been here for 10 years with no "new" management, and 1 mishap doesnt mean customer service is down for the whole company.

We are not perfect, no company is, but there is a reason we are one of the few companies that didnt go out of business or get taken over by the banks when this economy hit, and instead were able to expand, and its not by treating all our customers poorly.

Do a little digging and you will find something bad about any of the reputable companies out there. There is always a bias towards negative experiences simply because people who feel they have been wronged in some way are much more motivated to talk about that experience.

I am sorry to hear about colbymh's issue. PM me your name so I can look up your order and I'll check stock on replacements for you. Also tell me who you talked to here.
Old 4/15/10, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce
When will companies learn that in this day and age, with the ease of of which bad publicity can spread that they MUST maintain quality customer service.

People will buy a bag of crap from you if you've got great customer service. It's not that hard.

With that said, I would give American Muscle a try, I hear good things about their service. I myself have also had great service from Tillman Speed.
Agree 100%. ive purchased quite a bit from most of the mustang peeps, however i really liked the controls steeda has, thus why i ordered. Guess i should have went through lethal performance.
Old 4/15/10, 04:41 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have bought a ton of stuff from steeda in the past 5 years. I spent around $3500 in svt focus parts alone.
They have always been great to me and even tossed in free pens and plate frames and such.

http://www.steedafocus.com/photos/ma...g2_itemId=1169

Last edited by Flagstang; 4/15/10 at 04:46 PM.
Old 4/15/10, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have nothing but good things to say about Steeda, especially Gus. They have handled all my orders with the utmost of respect. Also when you PM Gus about Steeda parts, you can get a better price than anyone including sponsors of this site.

An aside about Fedex, if the box was damaged, you can refuse the shipment. If you released your rights, and have them leave it without responsibility, then that is a risk. If it is damaged, you can ask to open and verify contents before signing or them leaving.
Old 4/15/10, 04:44 PM
Cobra Member

Gus, i also agree w what ur saying however this person was a jackass from the start. I am also one that brags about great service and have continued going to certain places even when things arent as smooth as others. I have left out a big chunk of what was said. I will pm you w more info.
Old 4/15/10, 04:44 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I too have gotten thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Steeda. And over the past year or so I've used Gus for those orders and I can't imagine getting any better customer service. I mean Gus ranks right up there with Marcello at SHR fro being on the ball and treating customers the way they should.
Old 4/15/10, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
I have nothing but good things to say about Steeda, especially Gus. They have handled all my orders with the utmost of respect. Also when you PM Gus about Steeda parts, you can get a better price than anyone including sponsors of this site.

An aside about Fedex, if the box was damaged, you can refuse the shipment. If you released your rights, and have them leave it without responsibility, then that is a risk. If it is damaged, you can ask to open and verify contents before signing or them leaving.
Was sent in manilla env. I wasnt home and had to leave sig to assure it would be delivered. Doesnt matter if i opened in person w fed ex. Still missing and a claim would have to be filed.

I think as a customer who just got screwed there could have been more done to make me happy. Such as shipping another set w exped deliv. I can see why they want me to pay again while a claim is being done even tho it suks for me. Hell they dont know if im lying or not, im sure someone would/has done something like that.

Glad to hear those that have had great experiences w them, however you wouldnt say the same if u had the same service as i did.
Old 4/15/10, 04:55 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by colbymh

Glad to hear those that have had great experiences w them, however you wouldnt say the same if u had the same service as i did.
You are right. No doubt. But that's why I like working with Gus. I have someone I can talk to when I have a problem. Just something to think about if you ever choose to order from them again.
Old 4/15/10, 05:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
You are right. No doubt. But that's why I like working with Gus. I have someone I can talk to when I have a problem. Just something to think about if you ever choose to order from them again.
Ya i actually thought of him after i made the order. Toooo late. Not saying "Steeda" sucks, just ONE crappy exp with ONE crappy sale person. Im sure gus is very good to go through tho.
Old 4/15/10, 06:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

I gotta say...I didn't know what was going to happen when I ordered my new wheels and they went out of stock.
FORD had my car waiting for wheels. I talked with Steeda at 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon and the wheels and tires were delivered the next day by 10 am mounted, balanced with tps monitors for a very low price.
OP sorry to hear your experience was not what you expected.
Old 4/15/10, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Another vote of confidEnce in steeda, got me parts I had trouble finding elsewhere. Had a backorder part with them that arrived faster than most "in stock" orders I've done. Situation stinks but I trust Gus will straighten it out for you
Old 4/19/10, 10:31 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

any updates?
Old 4/19/10, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Yes/no. SG said he refunded me so I wasnt out $80 for the 3 *****. Imagine I will see that in a few days. Might have them this friday. Unless Fed ex jacks them again. Might not seem so simple though if they were shipped in a taped up box vs an envelope thats not taped. Shady fed ex people.
Old 4/27/10, 02:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce

Yah, Home Depot sells big bags of crap every day!
Old 4/27/10, 03:04 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I seen them!

Quick Reply: Fed ex jacked my Steeda parts