2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

February Mustang Sales

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/05, 03:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, people that only ordered two weeks ago are complaining about having to wait. Think of all the people that ordered along time before you did that still haven't gotten theirs. I preordered mine with good reason. And besides, in Ford's defense, there was a higher demand for v6 then v8 in previous years. That's why everyone has to wait for delivery of a stang GT. Two months isn't unreasonable to wait for a car order. Anything over three months and you got a legitimate female dog.
Old 4/3/05, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[/quote]
Wow...........I just checked Ricart Ford in Columbus Ohio. 54 2005's in stock.....13 of which are GT's. Wonder if my local Dealer could pick one of those up for me?
[/quote]

Might be worth a try. I recently placed an X plan order. The dealer indicated that they were not willing to check regional inventories for X-Plan.

If I was buying off the lot they would have checked, but said that since they did not currently have a GT to trade with the stocked dealer it would be unlikely I would be able to work a deal.

I had 2 dealers tell me that they would not accept X-plan on an in stock vehicle. They said they made more by selling to walk-ins.

I decided to order to get the options I wanted.

Good Luck.
Old 4/3/05, 08:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pedalmasher,April 3, 2005, 9:09 PM
Wow...........I just checked Ricart Ford in Columbus Ohio. 54 2005's in stock.....13 of which are GT's. Wonder if my local Dealer could pick one of those up for me?
[/quote]

Might be worth a try. I recently placed an X plan order. The dealer indicated that they were not willing to check regional inventories for X-Plan.

If I was buying off the lot they would have checked, but said that since they did not currently have a GT to trade with the stocked dealer it would be unlikely I would be able to work a deal.

I had 2 dealers tell me that they would not accept X-plan on an in stock vehicle. They said they made more by selling to walk-ins.

I decided to order to get the options I wanted.

Good Luck.
[/quote]
I checked too....only saw 1 GT...the rest appear to be V-6's :scratch:
Old 4/4/05, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Most dealers are Gouging the customers on in-stock Mustangs. Here in the midwest the weather is just now getting nice. Not too many people are willing to plunk down 3k extra $$ for a new Mustang GT just to let it sit in the garage. I think it's supply vs demand for now and the weather has played a big part along with the dealers extra markup to this point.
Old 4/4/05, 08:55 AM
Cobra Member

the Mustang once again kicking a** and taking names
Old 4/4/05, 05:28 PM

I was sure that dealer inventories would be built up by now. Guess I was wrong. There are plenty of V-6 cars, just limited GT's.

I will be working on the old car and trying to stay busy as it will be a long wait for my order.

A long wait for nanners.

Cheers.
Old 4/4/05, 05:33 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TomServo92+March 1, 2005, 2:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ March 1, 2005, 2:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-NuPony05@March 1, 2005, 2:08 PM
There is a big difference between booking sales and delivering products!!!!!
I believe those number reflect actual deliveries to customers. They have far more orders than that.
[/b][/quote]

You are correct, Tom, those sales #s are actual customer deliveries NOT orders!
Old 4/4/05, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I believe that one of the difficulties that Ford is facing is that they can't tell a customer-ordered vehicle from one ordered for a dealer. Priority numbers only determine the order in which a dealer's allocation will be scheduled, and don't affect the overall mix of vehicles. The overall mix is determined by previous sales levels, so that's why you see tons sitting on the lots in some areas...those dealers always sell lots of them. Maybe I'm just rehashing old news...just thinking out loud.

Good luck to you that are waiting, and way to go Ford for knocking one out of the park.