2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

February Mustang Sales

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/05, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Mustang continued to set a torrid sales pace in February, as sales to individual retail customers were 57 percent higher than a year ago. Lower fleet deliveries partially offset the increase in retail demand resulting in an overall Mustang sales increase of 32 percent.

"The Mustang convertible is arriving just in time for the spring selling season," said Hesterberg.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_dis...m?release=20286

FORD BRAND FEBRUARY 2005 U.S. SALES
[attachmentid=13308]"
Old 3/1/05, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome!
Old 3/1/05, 01:05 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by GregS2005GT@March 1, 2005, 3:54 PM
Ford Mustang continued to set a torrid sales pace in February, as sales to individual retail customers were 57 percent higher than a year ago. Lower fleet deliveries partially offset the increase in retail demand resulting in an overall Mustang sales increase of 32 percent.

"The Mustang convertible is arriving just in time for the spring selling season," said Hesterberg.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_dis...m?release=20286

FORD BRAND FEBRUARY 2005 U.S. SALES
[attachmentid=13308]"
There is a big difference between booking sales and delivering products!!!!!
Old 3/1/05, 01:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by NuPony05@March 1, 2005, 2:08 PM
I believe those number reflect actual deliveries to customers. They have far more orders than that.
Old 3/1/05, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet...I hope the trend in general keeps going for Ford. Thier stock hadn't been doing so well lately.
Old 3/1/05, 01:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TomServo92+March 1, 2005, 2:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ March 1, 2005, 2:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-NuPony05@March 1, 2005, 2:08 PM
I believe those number reflect actual deliveries to customers. They have far more orders than that.
[/b][/quote]
That's true, they don't get any money until the vehicle is sold.
Old 3/1/05, 01:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@March 1, 2005, 2:19 PM
Sweet...I hope the trend in general keeps going for Ford. Thier stock hadn't been doing so well lately.
Truck sales are down but car sales are up. In fact, the 500 has posted it's third or fourth straight monthly increase, as has the Freestyle. The Fusion should do well when it hits the market. I think things are looking up.
Old 3/1/05, 01:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks for posting.....good info!
Old 3/1/05, 01:30 PM
GT Member

Yay Ford! :headbang:
Old 3/1/05, 02:16 PM
V6 Member

Think where they'd be if they actually built all of our orders that have been waiting to pay them hard earned money instead of wasting time filling dealerships up with V6's :bang:

Ryan
Old 3/1/05, 02:18 PM
V6 Member

[sarcasm on]

Where does he live????? Not anywhere near me... we can't even get the GT coupes let alone a convertible.

[sarcasm off]
Old 3/1/05, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by rs43506@March 1, 2005, 3:19 PM
Think where they'd be if they actually built all of our orders that have been waiting to pay them hard earned money instead of wasting time filling dealerships up with V6's :bang:

Ryan
They're building V6s because there are only so much inventory available to build V8s. They're building the V8s as fast as they can given production limitations on GT parts. Do you think those V8 engines just magically appear in the engine bay?
Old 3/1/05, 02:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by TomServo92+March 1, 2005, 3:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ March 1, 2005, 3:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rs43506@March 1, 2005, 3:19 PM

Ryan
They're building V6s because there are only so much inventory available to build V8s. They're building the V8s as fast as they can given production limitations on GT parts. Do you think those V8 engines just magically appear in the engine bay?
[/b][/quote]

Believe it or not, before my gig as a lawyer I worked in the automotive industry and spent quite a bit of time at the Ford engine plant in Lima Ohio. You'd be surprised what one can do to affect the production limitations. The reason Ford is in this pickle now with unhappy customers is because of bad planning and bad allocation schemes. If GT's are so hard to come by, then why do some lots in the Southern States have so many of them sitting in dealer stock? Additionally, do a search of Ricart Ford in Ohio and see how many they have. Last I looked, they showed something like 32 GT's and they even have a convertible V6. My point was, why doesn't Ford take care of those loyal customers that are immediately prepared to buy by filling there growing number of backorders? I think the best advertising is not by having GT's sitting on dealer lots in one area of the country, rather it would make more sense to do an even distribution of cars that are sold before they even hit the lots. I know for me the best advertising is seeing and hearing one on the road, not just seeing one sitting in some showroom. Additionally, just think how there little charts would look if 100% of the production for a month was sold.

Just my $.02
Old 3/1/05, 02:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by rs43506@March 1, 2005, 3:39 PM
Believe it or not, before my gig as a lawyer I worked in the automotive industry and spent quite a bit of time at the Ford engine plant in Lima Ohio. You'd be surprised what one can do to affect the production limitations. The reason Ford is in this pickle now with unhappy customers is because of bad planning and bad allocation schemes. If GT's are so hard to come by, then why do some lots in the Southern States have so many of them sitting in dealer stock? Additionally, do a search of Ricart Ford in Ohio and see how many they have. Last I looked, they showed something like 32 GT's and they even have a convertible V6. My point was, why doesn't Ford take care of those loyal customers that are immediately prepared to buy by filling there growing number of backorders? I think the best advertising is not by having GT's sitting on dealer lots in one area of the country, rather it would make more sense to do an even distribution of cars that are sold before they even hit the lots. I know for me the best advertising is seeing and hearing one on the road, not just seeing one sitting in some showroom. Additionally, just think how there little charts would look if 100% of the production for a month was sold.

Just my $.02
I never said that bad planning wasn't the cause. Yes, Ford underestimated the demand for the GT. But acknowledging that doesn't do anything to relieve the shortage of GT parts. I live in a southern state and there aren't many dealers here that have GTs. Even the V6s aren't sitting on the lots for very long. I guess it depends on where you live.
Old 3/1/05, 03:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by TomServo92+March 1, 2005, 2:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ March 1, 2005, 2:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GhostTX@March 1, 2005, 2:19 PM
Truck sales are down but car sales are up. In fact, the 500 has posted it's third or fourth straight monthly increase, as has the Freestyle. The Fusion should do well when it hits the market. I think things are looking up.
[/b][/quote]

Things might be looking up as far as cars go. They seriously need to redesign the Ranger (down 47% in February!) and come out with a supercrew (full 4 doors) model. They also had a spike in the F-series last year because they were new, so the sales are going to fall off. Finally, their SUVs are no longer class leaders and they need to work their magic there. I agree that the car line-up is going through the roof, but they aren't in the clear yet!
Old 3/1/05, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

These sales/production reports really put in question the story my sales person told me about a broken robot arm holding up production of my GT order. :nono:

I should tell him/her I think the story got mixed up. Members of TMS hacked into the VOPC and broke the Robot Ladies Arm to get her to say something other than CLEAN AND UNSCHEDULED.
Old 3/1/05, 05:16 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rs43506@March 1, 2005, 3:19 PM

Ryan
amen ryan---their allocation system, build schedules are a joke--now i hear the newest one is that they do not have the rail cars available to ship vehicles--what a debacle----
Old 3/1/05, 05:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Northern California is dryer than a popcorn fart.
Old 3/1/05, 05:57 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Mustang is outselling the new FiveHundred
Old 3/1/05, 06:13 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rs43506+March 1, 2005, 5:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rs43506 @ March 1, 2005, 5:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@March 1, 2005, 3:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-rs43506
@March 1, 2005, 3:19 PM

Ryan

Just my $.02
[/b][/quote]
Wow...........I just checked Ricart Ford in Columbus Ohio. 54 2005's in stock.....13 of which are GT's. Wonder if my local Dealer could pick one of those up for me?

Quick Reply: February Mustang Sales