2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Factory installed options

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/08, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory installed options

I'm second owner of my car but the first owner only have it a very short time and put very little mileage on it and I wanted to know if there is some way I can find out what came on this car when he got? I want to know all the factory options he got on it? Is there some data base somewhere I can look at using the VIN to find this out? The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure I have the active ant-theft system on the car since it does have the motion dector hole cut out in the dome lights and I can see them in the holes but they are not working.
Old 9/15/08, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You may have already tried, but does the prior owner still have the window sticker?

If you have the holes in the dome light housing, you should have the active anti-theft. Why do you believe it's not working?
Lock the car with the remote w/windows down & reach into the car, if alarm goes off, system is still working.
Thought I still had a option list from the 06's , but just have the dealer brochure in paper.
Old 9/16/08, 05:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I had to do the same thing for my car. Took quite a while to find out info and I finally contacted Ford and they gave me info on the original options and how to get the original sticker from the selling dealer. Not easy to get.. I finally located and called the original owner of my GT. Took me 5 months to locate him.. call the Ford regional office with the VIN to start the process off. Or here is the phone number from Ford research in Detroit I called. Call them.. Let us know how the hunting goes..

1 800 392-3672
Old 9/16/08, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by topbliss
I had to do the same thing for my car. Took quite a while to find out info and I finally contacted Ford and they gave me info on the original options and how to get the original sticker from the selling dealer. Not easy to get.. I finally located and called the original owner of my GT. Took me 5 months to locate him.. call the Ford regional office with the VIN to start the process off. Or here is the phone number from Ford research in Detroit I called. Call them.. Let us know how the hunting goes..

1 800 392-3672

Thanks! I do have what appears to be the original sales reseat that has what dealership is was picked up at and the owners name, address and phone number on it. I guess I could give the dealership a call and see what they can tell me about it.
Old 9/16/08, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

if you have all that info just call the dealer and tel then you are That persons name and you lost your window sticker. They have copies and can mail you one.. Easy
Old 9/16/08, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

You can also ask your dealer Service Department to print you a HVBOM report for your vehicle, which will list everything it was built with
Old 9/16/08, 01:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RCSignals
You can also ask your dealer Service Department to print you a HVBOM report for your vehicle, which will list everything it was built with
Do I ask "that" dealership or any dealership?
Old 9/16/08, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Any dealership should be able to get it for you. Do you have a good relationship with your dealership? they don't always like to hand that out.
Old 9/16/08, 01:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Any dealership should be able to get it for you. Do you have a good relationship with your dealership? they don't always like to hand that out.
I'm in two mustang clubs and we have several members with personal freinds at some of the dealerships in our area so that should not be a problem. I'm going to call the dealership where the car was purchased band new and see if they can help me or not first.
Old 9/16/08, 01:53 PM
V6 Member

Update: I contacted the dealership where it was purchased brand new and they are now faxing me a copy of the VIN report that has all the information I need and I'm working on see if they can find a copy of the window sticker too. They were very helpful and confirmed to me that I do indeed have the active alarm system installed in my car so now I need to find out why the motion alarm is not working.
Old 9/16/08, 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

is it a convertible? If so and the top is down the motion detector deactivtes for obvious reasons.
Old 9/16/08, 02:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by topbliss
is it a convertible? If so and the top is down the motion detector deactivtes for obvious reasons.
Nope its a hard top. This is what keyed me off that something is not right with the system. Two days ago I was at a show and parked next to guy with the same alarm system in his GT500. He had his windows down but used his key fob to lock his doors and he did not even know about the motion alarm. Anyway a guy came buy looking at his car and he stuck his head in the window and the guys alarm sounded which confused the owner of the car and he was trying to figuer out why the alarm sounded. So I showed him the motion alarm holes in his dome light and told him to rearm his system which he did and then I stuck my hand in his car and the alarm sounded again. And anytime he locked his car the alarm would make to very quick very short beeps all of which my car does "not" do. I've tryed to set off my motion alarm but it does not sound the alarm nor do I get any beeps when I arm the alarm unless I hit the button more than once. So either my alarm is not working right or, it needs to be programed.

Last edited by CW_06_GT; 9/16/08 at 02:56 PM.
Old 9/17/08, 08:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
My active alarm system does not make 2 beeps when you arm the system.
Old 9/17/08, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
My active alarm system does not make 2 beeps when you arm the system.

Ok, but have you tested to see if your interior motion alarm works?
Old 9/17/08, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

mines silent too.
Old 9/17/08, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes! I did the hand inside the car test. I also sat inside and moved around after arming the system.

The only sensor I did not test was the tilt sensor.
Old 9/17/08, 07:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I read the manual about this active alarm motion sensor... seems to me it was fairly specific in saying it would not work correctly... or maybe it was 'at all.' (paraphrasing), but it is not malfunctioning in either case... either his is slightly differently calibrated, or situational issues caused it to work for him.

Makes sense, without the enclosed cockpit, it can't really tell where the window area is.

The manual also informed that should you be inside the car, and lock it... it will arm the sensors too... so being very still for 10 minutes... THEN moving... the car should go nuts.

Well... at least, that's what I remember reading. I was specifically interested in if it would in fact work with the windows down... slightly disappointed that it wouldn't, but I understood why.

Dunno if that helps though. Thought I'd throw my $.02 in on it.
Old 9/18/08, 04:35 AM
Cobra Member

try this. Slightly open a window.. Just enough to get you hand in. Then set the alarm and then thry insterting your arm to see of the alarm goes off. Maybe if the window is down, (like the convertible top) the alarm de activates the motion sensor since the cockpit is not enclosed.
Old 9/18/08, 04:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It takes only 15-30 seconds for the system to arm, not 10 minutes. Sit inside the car, press LOCK on the key fob (with the key removed from the ignition), wait 15-20 seconds and then spaz around inside the car.
Old 9/19/08, 07:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

I remember something about them having problems when the active system came out. I believe some dealerships deactivated the system and people were having to go back to them to have it activated. I thought there were some threads on this issue. I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered reading those threads here a couple of years ago.

Quick Reply: Factory installed options