2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Exterior/Interior color combo...

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/05, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It only took me a couple of days to decide on Sonic Blue/Dark Charcoal, and I'm very happy with my choice (the fact that it had already been ordered for dealer stock and was one week away from arriving was a factor).

After seeing so many pics of the different color combinations, each one as nice as the next, I'd have a tough time if I had to decide all over again!
Old 1/15/05, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I knew what the interior was going to be, just went back and forth between the Redfire & Black
Old 1/15/05, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

The first (and only) Mustang w/ Premium interior I saw was Black w/ Tan interior. So this was my benchmark, nothing else looked quite as good FOR ME. Ordered mine the same, w/ no regrets. Black on black just looked TOO black (for me).

Besides, any good Irishman loves getting his hands on a Black and Tan!

I love it! I get butterflies in my stomach every time I walk out to go somewhere.
Old 1/15/05, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

The decision practically drove me crazy! Definitely took me months, and with my car on order, I'm still not sure!

If I could have seen the colors and interiors on a lot, together so I could compared them directly, the process would have been a lot easier. But trying to pick car colors based on pictures on the Internet or brochures is pretty much impossible, unless you have seen the color before, because the pictures are only reproductions - even the pictures in the brochures are not actual paint chip, but as close as the printer can get the color...

I started the process wanting the Sonic Blue, just to get away from red for a change. But when I finally saw one in person, it had more of a purple tint to it than I wanted.

Then I figured I would go conservative and get the Satin Silver. Stealthy. I finally saw one in person, and thought it looked quite a bit flatter than most other automakers' silvers, but it was still okay. And on the practical side, silver hides dirt pretty well, which is important here in the Northeast U.S. where you can't always wash your car because it's freezing. So I ordered the Satin Silver on 12/30, and have been driving myself nuts ever since wondering if that's what I really wanted... :scratch:

Two days ago, I drove 20 miles to another dealer who had three Mustangs on the lot, and compared them side-by-side. Redfire, Torch Red, and Screaming Yellow. The Screaming Yellow REALLY grabbed me right away, and I couldn't get to a phone fast enough to call my salesman and change the order from silver to yellow! B)

I'm finally pretty happy with the decision, but who knows if I'll consider changing again during the months I have to wait before finally getting the car delivered?
Old 1/15/05, 08:51 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

I knew I wanted the red interior and IUP. I was undecided for months based on pictures between Torch and Redfire. After seeing them in person, I placed an order for Redfire
Old 1/15/05, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I respect any person who is undecided. First off it's a big investment to make, it's the 2nd largest investment most people make.. And also, so many colors look great on this car..

Definitely not an easy choice..I hate getting a car then a month later have regrets .
That stinks..

So, if you are still undecided, I highly ecommend actually seeing the car in person before choosing.. Case in point, the windveil blue and white look alot better in person than in pics.. For some reason the mineral gray looks alot better in pics than in person. JMO so go see them for yourself first before ordering !!
Old 1/15/05, 08:58 AM
CME
GT Member

First it was yellow/dark charcoal to match my yellow 96 Buell S1 Lightning, then white(blue stripes)/dark charcoal, then redfire/dark charcoal, then legend lime/dark charcoal, then all those colors again w/med parch (except yellow). Then maybe silver with ICAP. I kept thinking about it as our local dealer kept getting different colors. Then one day I saw the Lime in person and knew that was the color. Then I decided Med parch looks really classy IMO and will work better with the amount of dirt I seem to track into my truck with black flooring. So I ordered the next chance I got. BTW I have owned both white and black vehicles and white doesn't show near as much dirt. If I can help it I will never own a black vehicle again. I would advise anyone to try and see as many colors as possible before deciding.
Old 1/15/05, 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My decision was very simple - my wife told me what I wanted!!

Not really, but I knew what I wanted from the start.

GT Premium
Windveil Blue Clearcoat Metallic w/Dk Charcoal Interior
IUP
Wheel Locking Kits
Active Anti-Theft System
5R55S 5-Speed Automatic Trans.
Shaker 1000 Audio System
17" Bright Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels
Ordered: 11/26/04
Priority Code: 10
Pricing: X-Plan
Scheduled build date: Week of 1/10/05
VIN.#: 1ZVFT82H355147519

Immediately Scheduled Mods: Window Tinting, 3.73 gears, Magnaflow AxleBack Exhaust, Stripes
Old 1/15/05, 09:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

While I had bought new cars previously, this was my first "order and get exactly what you want" purchase. Waited until I could actually see the colors I was interested in on the cars with the red interior since that was a given. Glad I did even if it delayed my order.....
Old 1/15/05, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

CME, when I first considered buying the 2005 my first choice was Legend Lime/Parchment. I still haven't seen that color in person, and since my other car has a Parchment interior, I went for something totally different.

When Freyke posted pics of his new Lime/Parchment GT here, I couldn't take my eyes off them!

I know you'll be thrilled with your decision. I hope you get it quickly, and I look forward to your pics!
Old 1/15/05, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Black with dark charcoal interiour with or without the iup looks sick!
Old 1/15/05, 10:07 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Saw a windveil blue V6 on the road. It looked great!
Old 1/15/05, 10:13 AM

I knew I wanted black right away, it takes a lil more work to keep it clean but I think when cleaned up it is the best looking. I have the parchment int in my 99 so I went with the ICAP in this one. I love it.
Old 1/15/05, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The people around me are starting to think that I need professional help. I have signed up for this Pony Drive thing in order to get X-plan, so I have until the end of March to order, but I've been going nuts for months now trying to choose a color. The problem is that I like them all, except the Legend Lime. At first I wanted white with blue stripes, a la '65 Shelby. Then I switched to Sonic with white stripes, which is still in the running. Another side of me wants Mineral Grey with the red interior. I have toured the dealerships and seen all of the colors I could want. I have even seen Sonic and Mineral parked side by side! I don't intend to leave any color stock. I want to emulate, or at least honor, a model of classic 'stang from the '60s. But which one? Sonic can be made into a nice Shelby, Mineral can be transformed into a killer but classy Mach or Boss. Yellow is screaming for the Boss stripes and black hood (but not the name on the fender). What can you say about the reds? Awesome but a little too common. The Lime at least has rarity going for it. WV Blue is nice, but not "me". Black is always filthy, and silver is, as said before, a "stealth" color. Every time I go though the list I end up with Sonic and Mineral. One a common minivan/sedan color, the other referred to as a "teenager" color on these forums. I've got another 10 weeks to decide, but I'll probably end up tossing a coin at the last minute. Now my wife says Redfire. She's great at complicating things... :scratch: P.S. Is "sick" a good thing?
Old 1/15/05, 10:40 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My old CT was........
I made up my mind!
no........wait.......
For a reason!
It was always Dark Charcoal interior........
From May- December-
Went from WB to LL to Black to Silver to what I came home with- YELLOW
Old 1/15/05, 10:46 AM
FR500 Member

i hear all the stories about black and it makes me want to get mineral grey but i donno....ill probably end up sticking with black
Old 1/15/05, 11:01 AM
GT Member

It took me a while to figure out whether I wanted Redfire or Torch Red to go with the ICAP.
Old 1/15/05, 11:18 AM

I, too, agonized over what color to order...knew I didn't want Legend Lime, Black, Windveil or Sonic Blue, or Screaming Yellow. (All are fine colors; just not me.) White, although a great color, is just too plain for the Mustang. My Toyota Tacoma is essentially the same color as the Torch Red, and the wife's van is silver. All that's left is Redfire and Mineral Grey - with one red vehicle already, had to go with the MG. It was easy to decide on interior color - first picture I saw on here of the Medium Parchment, I knew that's what I had to have! Interior would look too dark with either of the charcoal colors. I know the MP interior will show more dirt, but I'm willing to clean it often to get that interior. Now all I have to do is suffer through the wait 'til it gets here...
Old 1/15/05, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by backafter20@January 15, 2005, 11:19 AM
The people around me are starting to think that I need professional help.

The problem is that I like them all, ... But which one?

P.S. Is "sick" a good thing?
I think a lot, or even maybe most of us here on the forum are a little sick compared to the average car buyer. I've gotten similar comments from co-workers and family members - describing me with words like "obsessive," "picky," etc. I told them I'd describe myself more as "****" when it comes to Mustangs. B)

So I totally understand where you're coming from. Car buying is a big decision for most everyone, even when the car is "just for transportation." I doubt anyone on this forum thinks of the Mustang as transportation - in my case, the fact that it's transportation is almost secondary - it's a lifestyle!

All I can say is don't just settle for a particular color - make sure you will love it. Do whatever it takes to make sure you are sure - drive to different dealers, go back for second looks, etc.
Old 1/15/05, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wjones14@January 15, 2005, 12:41 PM
I told them I'd describe myself more as "****" when it comes to Mustangs. drive to different dealers, go back for second looks, etc.
Speaking of being ****.. Forget about just 2nd looks, I am between 4th and 5th looks.. LOL !

:bang:

Quick Reply: Exterior/Interior color combo...