2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Expensive Dinner last night/hit & run

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/07, 05:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Expensive Dinner last night/hit & run

Stopped @ our favorite pizza joint last night on the way home from work to pick up dinner.Parked at least 5 slots away from the nearest car as usual.Go in & pick up the pizza, had to wait for 2 people in front of me & come out to find someone clipped my L/H rear corner
Couldn't have been in there more than 3-4min.
Haven't had as much as a scratch on my last 3-4 vehicles...just had to happen to my Mustang.I was so ****ed I didn't even eat, took 2 drinks to make it tolerable.
Doesn't actually look all that bad, but its my baby.
1180.00 for repairs & now I've got to eat the 500 deductable.
Whats the matter with some people these days?
If I screw up, I fess up to it.
Done ranting now I guess, would love to find the jerk!
No video cameras & no witnesses.
Attached Thumbnails Expensive Dinner last night/hit & run-gt112.jpg  
Old 8/21/07, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people....
Old 8/21/07, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

after reading that post, its gonna take me ATLEAST 2 beers to calm down. im so angry you have no idea and it didnt even happen to me. best to think that what goes around comes around. those ppl will eventually get theirs
Old 8/21/07, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

aircare, so sorry to hear about your misfortune. Im sure you thought of this, but I figured I might mention, you could get a takeoff rear bumper in torch red for about 159.00. That should help bring down the price of repairs.
Old 8/21/07, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks Yellow05,
I am going to look into the take-offs. I just want it to to be perfect again, plus my time available; might just have to let the dealer take care of it.
Old 8/21/07, 06:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry about your car. I've had that happen to me before when I lived at the beach. Not too fun......
Old 8/21/07, 07:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with most other people. The dishonest, low down folks out there! Not like they couldn't have known they made contact!

Sorry, man. Hope she shines up better than before. At least its mostly cosmetic.
Old 8/21/07, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

That just plain sucks....Sorry to hear it man.......

Mike
Old 8/21/07, 07:55 PM
GT Member

That is horrible .

People in general just don't care anymore. I had a similar situation happen last Friday, luckily we were in my Honda Accord. Stopped at the store (I park next to others when I drive the Honda, but practice the same parking techniques as Aircare84 in the Stang). We were in the store no more than 10 minutes and there is a HUGE dent and scratch in the passenger back door. Apparently whoever was parked next to us just opened their door, and absolutely drilled our door. If you guys could see it you'd see it almost had to be done on purpose.

And don't get me started about driving etiquette either. It seems no one has any courtesy on the road anymore...its every man for himself.
Old 8/21/07, 08:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
That sucks big time!

I get upset when any of our Members' ride gets hit, especially a fellow TR!

Hope whomever you take it to fixes it better than new. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 8/21/07, 08:30 PM

I can totally understand your anger i went out for my birthday last thursday and did the same thing parked far away and when i came out from a less then wonderful meal my back bumper had been hit on both sides
Old 8/21/07, 08:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

More and more Mustangs are getting torn up around here, what's next ?
Old 8/21/07, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

It is the Autobots (likely that Camaro Bumbee) getting back at the Decepticon Mustang...

Seriously, really sorry to see such thing happen, especially when we are all so careful with our Stangs...
Old 8/21/07, 09:50 PM
V6 Member

Happend to me, luckily not my mustang but some drunk smashed into my daily driver bad at around 2Am. Didnt find it until the next morning. Just had a baby back then so I had NO money. ANGRY KEONI.
Old 8/22/07, 07:04 AM
GT Member

Had the same thing...no note no nothing from the one who did it. Its sucks! Look into the take-offs...they are pretty nice actually for the price.
Old 8/22/07, 07:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Some people just can't drive. I almost had the same thing happen to me. I was inside a store, waiting to pay and while watching my car I saw an old lady pull into the spot next to me. Mind you, she was at such and angle I couldn't leave unless I wanted to hit her car. I waited for her to come out and asked her if she just got her license recently. She said no, so I showed her that I couldn't leave until she moved her car. She only said "Well aren't you just rude". I said no, this would be rude...I then took a picture of how she was parked and then called the parking authority. I then told her, "you can either stay here and explain it to them when they arrive, or wait till you get the bill in the mail, it is up to you". I figure if they are going to be idiots well then I can be a jerk right back.
Old 8/22/07, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

That's a drag. Here is your answer: http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=7849
Old 8/22/07, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

another suggestion is to make lemons out of lemonade. I dont know if this is to your liking, but if you need to repaint or replace your rear bumper, maybe consider a C/S or GT 500 which I think is the same, Then maybe throw some V6 rocker panels, and if you already have a black chin, I think it would make the car look sleeker.

just my $00.02
Old 8/22/07, 08:02 AM
V6 Member

been there, had that happen TWICE at work, and at my apartments. People suck
Old 8/22/07, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

People do suck and there are two reasons: 1) The average person's ability to actually drive a car adequately has gone down steadily since I got out of high school in 1978. There just isn't any realization that driving in this country is a privilege, not a right. Teens aren't as capable, 20s and up just don't care about taking driving seriously and don't care about anyone or anyone else's property. The old folks - well, they shouldn't be driving in the first place. 2) There are folks who despise the fact that we have these beautiful new Mustangs. They really hate us for it. Never mind that we've all worked and sweated to be ale to afford one of these cars. We don't all have rich daddies to hand one over to us. Some of these folks will go out of the way to scratch, dent, spit or pee on our babies. They should all be lined up and shot, execution style.

I've had mine for 3 weeks now. Even people who are supposedly "friends" are suspect. At my son's soccer practice last week, one of the dads saw our Tungsten GT pull into the parking lot for the first time. If the term "green with envy" relates to an actual skintone, than that is what he and his son looked like, plus their mouths dropped wide open. The son was speechless with his mouth agape. The dad, whom I used to consider a friend, made the comment " since you will now want people to know this is yours, I'll just scratch your name in the paint for you". What a clown. He can choose to spend or not his money any way he decides and I really don't give a flying...... But don't act that way in front of me about something I've toiled for for 3 years and truly deserve. We used to carpool for soccer. Not now. i wouldn't want his little cretin inside my Mustang. Done.

Quick Reply: Expensive Dinner last night/hit & run