2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Drone

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/07, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Drone

Just picked up an 06 GT and going to start modifying it (yep, I will get a new Avatar Pic...just one of the old girl). I have heard from 'reliable sources' about some series exhaust drone with some Catback systems...any insight from anyone on here regarding what to buy/stay away from???? I've heard Corsa is the best bet...but that comes with a price$$$$$$$$$.

Thanks in advance
Old 3/13/07, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just installed the Ford Racing GTA exhaust this past weekend. It is awesome!! It is a little louder than stock and it has a great tone. It also has absolutley NO DRONE!!!! I got mine at Ninosport.com
Old 3/13/07, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

The Ford Racing GTA exhaust is what I plan on getting soon too, it'll sound really nice.
Old 3/13/07, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the GTA's on my '07 GT/CS they sound great. And don't forget about the awsome looking 4" double walled tip's.
Old 3/13/07, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Another vote for GTAs - just what I wanted - not much different than stock until about 3500 RPM - than they sing, eh? And, yea, they look great.

Did any of you guys do the X-pipe too?

Great price from Ninosport (don't forget to get your 5% discount).

Wasn't impressed with the packaging, but it didn't matter once I heard them the first time.
Old 3/13/07, 11:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Bassani axle backs and they sound AWESOME except they do drone a bit at around 60mph when your giving it the gas to make it up an incline. I can live with it though for the great sound they make all other times. It sounds like a musclecar now!!
Old 3/13/07, 12:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drone ranking(No drone=0 - Substantial drone=10):
Corsas-0, GTAs-1, Flowmasters-2, Bassanis-5, MACs-6, SLP LMs-7, Stingers-8... IMO. Typically the louder the axle backs, the greater the drone.
Old 3/13/07, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRealOne
I just installed the Ford Racing GTA exhaust this past weekend. It is awesome!! It is a little louder than stock and it has a great tone. It also has absolutley NO DRONE!!!! I got mine at Ninosport.com

+1 for GTAs.

Good price, great sound, no drone!

Also got mine at Ninosport.
Old 3/13/07, 02:02 PM
V6 Member

I just installed Corsas last weekend, but my driveway and the roads around here are still to messy to take the car out for a drive, so I have no idea how they will sound going down the road. I do know that they sound nice at idle, and the tips look awesome.
Old 3/13/07, 02:14 PM

Sounds good guys - thanks for the replies - I'll probably order the Exhaust along with some brakes as well - Need some Red Calipers BAD!!!!
Old 3/13/07, 05:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by B00ST
Just picked up an 06 GT and going to start modifying it (yep, I will get a new Avatar Pic...just one of the old girl). I have heard from 'reliable sources' about some series exhaust drone with some Catback systems...any insight from anyone on here regarding what to buy/stay away from???? I've heard Corsa is the best bet...but that comes with a price$$$$$$$$$.

Thanks in advance
I recommend the Corsa's. They are quieter than stock when cruising, but get on the gas, and they just open up with a SWEET sound.

They are a little on the pricey side, but the money is well worth it, because you don't have to buy Tylenol for your headache, and you won't have to buy a hearing aid later in life.

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Drone ranking(No drone=0 - Substantial drone=10):
Corsas-0, GTAs-1, Flowmasters-2, Bassanis-5, MACs-6, SLP LMs-7, Stingers-8... IMO. Typically the louder the axle backs, the greater the drone.
Corsa's are plenty loud at WOT. In fact, I believe that Tom281 has them ranked as one of the loudest at WOT (I remember seeing his thread a long time ago). So, don't read into that post and think that Corsa's are quiet, because they are anything but when you open the car up.

Originally Posted by KB9KHM
I just installed Corsas last weekend, but my driveway and the roads around here are still to messy to take the car out for a drive, so I have no idea how they will sound going down the road. I do know that they sound nice at idle, and the tips look awesome.
Have fun once you are able to drive the car. And, be careful not to hit the rev limiter...the car sounds so good, you'll want to just accelerating.

+1 on those tips