2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Evil Robot Lady says ...

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/06, 05:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Evil Robot Lady says ...

Evil Robot Lady says ...
" As of August 4th your unit is scheduled for build week of July 31st with an estimated delivery to dealer week of August 12th."

That quote is as close as I can recall but accurate enough. I presume this means my Vista Blue GT will be built on Friday August 4th and delivered sometime after Saturday August 12th? Don't y'all think thats a pretty quick delivery? But it seems right on the six week time frame the salesman told me when I ordered it on July 1st.
Old 7/21/06, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I called today I got a "As of July 19th, your car is clean and unscheduled, it has not been serialized at this time." Interesting about the August 4th date.
Old 7/21/06, 06:16 PM
GT Member

When did you order yours?
Old 7/21/06, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Gisarm
Evil Robot Lady says ...
" As of August 4th your unit is scheduled for build week of July 31st with an estimated delivery to dealer week of August 12th."

That quote is as close as I can recall but accurate enough. I presume this means my Vista Blue GT will be built on Friday August 4th and delivered sometime after Saturday August 12th? Don't y'all think thats a pretty quick delivery? But it seems right on the six week time frame the salesman told me when I ordered it on July 1st.
That's kind of how it worked for me. The as of date (AKA Last Maintenance Date) is the date that the car was at least started. Don't be surprised if it doesn't roll off the assembly line on 8/5 (if they work that Saturday - last I heard it was every other Saturday) or 8/7..
Old 7/21/06, 07:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by shatter
When I called today I got a "As of July 19th, your car is clean and unscheduled, it has not been serialized at this time." Interesting about the August 4th date.
Chad,

No idea how this system works. Mine ordered 7/11. On 7/19 I had the same "clean & unscheduled...." that you got. However, today I called and had a message " as of 7/20 you have been serialized and awaiting a schedule date and ETA.
Old 7/21/06, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 66FastbackGT
Chad,

No idea how this system works. Mine ordered 7/11. On 7/19 I had the same "clean & unscheduled...." that you got. However, today I called and had a message " as of 7/20 you have been serialized and awaiting a schedule date and ETA.
Uh, just like it says. You have a serial number (they have a wild guess when you will be built). The next step is segmentation. Read the 2007 Tracking forum in blueovalnews.com for more FAQ type answers...
Old 7/21/06, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When did you order yours?
My order hit the Ford system on July 5th w/ a dealer priority code of 10. I'll call the line again tomorrow and hope it gives me some good news

BTW: The Ford dealer in Folsom, CA has like fifteen 2007 Mustangs in stock already, those boys got some allocation!!

I just called the ERL and got the July 20th update, still clean and unscheduled...looks like another week of waiting.
Old 7/21/06, 10:01 PM

Gisarm,

ERL currently tells me:

"As of August 1st your unit is scheduled for build week of July 31st with an estimated delivery to dealer week of August 13th."

She sure seems to know a lot about my unit

But anyway, our cars will probably be more-or-less linemates. I guess the combination of later build date/earlier ETA for your car means you live closer to Flat Rock than I do (I'm in CA).

Bill
Old 7/22/06, 05:18 PM
V6 Member

Chad,

Heard from ERL that I have a build date week of Aug 7. Also received VIN from the dealer today - VIN 1ZVHT85075225908. Can only hope this is REAL progress. Luck on yours.
Old 7/22/06, 05:39 PM

The ERL works in mysterious ways! She tells me as of July 13th, your unit is scheduled to be built the week of August 7th. (My dealer tells me it will be built ON the 7th)

I've been calling every day...I wish it would update already!!!

My VIN is 1ZVHT82H475223096
Old 7/23/06, 08:23 AM
GT Member

Bill,
I'm in GA. I think it's a little closer, but stil a long ways. I guess they deliver them faster than I thought they did. I was imagining a couple of weeks by rail.

Well in another 3 weeks or so it looks like we will have them.
Old 7/23/06, 10:02 AM

Well in another 3 weeks or so it looks like we will have them.
Sure 'nuff. We should be exchanging nanners before we know it! Well, here's one to tide you over:

Bill
Old 7/23/06, 02:23 PM
GT Member

Here's a nanner for you!
Old 7/24/06, 08:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mine is set for build week of 7/31, see below
VIN 1ZVHT85H775223055
Another line mate?
Old 7/25/06, 05:44 PM
V6 Member

Doug,

My 07 GT Vert is scheduled for build week of Aug 7. VINs are not too far apart. Hope you ETA dealer is pretty accurate. I only have build date, nothing further as of 7/20.
Old 7/25/06, 08:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea, was kinda susprised I got that much information so far out, kinda scares me ...lol, Look what Flashfearless has gone through! Check out Hoops VIN, his number is very close. Looks like Ford has gotten their act together and are kicking them out faster, some people who ordered in April and May are still waiting.
Good Luck to all waiting for their stang.
Old 7/25/06, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
...Look what Flashfearless has gone through! ....Good Luck to all waiting for their stang.
Yes it has been a strange trip. Put my deposit down on an '06 yellow vert in December '05, wind up with an orange '07 vert in late July. Lots of reasons why, you just eventually develop a thick skin. My dealer claims that they will get the car delivered to them Wednesday and I should be able to take it home on Thursday! Might need to ask someone to drop me there, but that's a different story...

Good Luck to all. If anything, you should learn from my mistakes and figure out what to avoid. Such as.... 1) dealers with a allocation 2) dealers with a 'tude towards X plan customers 3) take the order guide to heart and know what it means when they say 51% GT, etc 4) don't order when the order banks open, let them get into the season a bit first and get their work flow down 5) plan your order around the plant shutdowns if possible...

As much as I have said negative about my dealer's allocation, truly this is the only negative I can say about them. They have been great to deal with in every other aspect of this process. I never felt like they thought that I was stupid, and I never felt like they resented the information that I was able to find out on my own. And I never felt like they resented me getting this car on Z plan...
Old 7/25/06, 09:38 PM

Hey, Doug! Welcome to the "next week club"!

My order-to-build time will be just under 3 months:

ordered 5/4
serialized 7/6
build week set 7/7 for week of 7/31
locked for production on 7/19, with build date of 8/1 and dealer ETA of 8/13

That's certainly longer than many people experienced, but not longer than I was expecting. I figured my combination of vert, cloth top, and manual trans might take a bit longer. Plus my dealer is apparently not an allocation stud.

But overall it's been a reasonable process - especially with so much info available via the forum and the ERL. My dealer is pretty clueless, so it's been good having resources that help me know more than he does. To his credit, though, I got no hassle over X-plan.

Bill
Old 7/26/06, 05:13 AM
GT Member

I am now locked in for production on August 4th.

It looks like Navier's (Bill), Dougxox's, 66FastbackGT's and my Mustang will all be linemates. I wonder if they'll recognize each other at car shows the way circus elephants do that grew up with other.
Old 7/26/06, 06:04 AM

It looks like Navier's (Bill), Dougxox's, 66FastbackGT's and my Mustang will all be linemates
Add another one to that list...ERL updated this morning for me.

As of Aug. 10th, my car is locked in for the week of Aug. 7th. with an ETA of Aug. 18th.

Quick Reply: Evil Robot Lady says ...