2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

This ends here.

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/05, 04:31 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I have had my coffee now and the sun is up. In the light of the beautiful springlike day today is, I decided that one n00b with issues isn't going to chase me off here. Don't like me- deal with it. Deal with it elsewhere, because this isn't the place for the airing of personal problems.
My beautiful yellow not a cobra v6 and I will be sticking around for some time to come- because all of your information, and help, and beautiful cars make it well worthwhile to do so.
If you have a personal problem, take it off here. This isn't the I don't like someone so I will post 136 times about it message board. See forum rules: and Stickyregarding that.
I come here for one simple reason: I love mustangs. Same reason 99% of you come here as well. I came here in May because I wanted to learn every scrap of information I could learn about it. Through it all you have seen me through the decision process- Must have lime, must have WB, Must have silver, must have black, oops its yellow, Coming home in October, January, May June- Crap- Christmas! Surprise.You all supported me when an accident and a Christmas miracle brought my car home to me, and have continued to give me great information on the things I would like to do to my car. And I have enjoyed and appreciated every second of this process-and the wonderful people who have helped me make it happen.
And oh yes- I am female, if I didn't like attention, well.......I wouldn't be female now would I?
Old 1/3/05, 04:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 3, 2005, 5:34 AM
because it wasn't that I wanted a GT and couldn't afford it

That's weird. Because in another thread you specifically said you couldn't buy a GT because it was too expensive for you .. There's nothing wrong with that though..

And why start yet another thread on the same subject over and over again? There are plenty of threads already regarding the v6.
Old 1/3/05, 05:29 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Domainer+January 3, 2005, 5:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domainer @ January 3, 2005, 5:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@January 3, 2005, 5:34 AM
because it wasn't that I wanted a GT and couldn't afford it

That's weird. Because in another thread you specifically said you couldn't buy a GT because it was too expensive for you .. There's nothing wrong with that though..

And why start yet another thread on the same subject over and over again? There are plenty of threads already regarding the v6. [/b][/quote]
I remember her specifically saying that she didn't need 300 hp and 210 was plenty. And this isn't a post about the V6, it's a post about her own experiences. And April don't leave because there are a few on here that don't know how to voice their opinions without stepping on toes and hurting feelings. As George Costanza always said "We are living in a society!!"
Old 1/3/05, 05:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Yep, she seems like someone who is trying to gain sympathy and draw attention to herself by starting a whole new thread.. Really.. You don't see me starting 3 to 4 threads everyday desperately trying to bring attention to myself and/or problems ( and worse, trying to gain sympathy from the outside world, then putting the blame on my father) . LOL, what a joke honestly.
Old 1/3/05, 05:39 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Don't leave April. I ordered me some running Ponys for the fenders of mine yesterday because I think your snakes are cool. YOU are one of the reasons I still visit this forum, to read your cool storys and experiences. You have alot to offer this forum. You keep it fun and You keep it real. I think alot of us can relate to you. I know I can.
Besides.....I want to see the rest of your mods when you get them done.
Old 1/3/05, 05:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Domainer@January 3, 2005, 6:40 AM
You don't see me starting 3 to 4 threads everyday desperately trying to bring attention to myself and/or problems
No, you do that pretty well by just posting in preexisting threads.
Old 1/3/05, 05:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+January 3, 2005, 6:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ January 3, 2005, 6:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@January 3, 2005, 6:40 AM
You don't see me starting 3 to 4 threads everyday desperately trying to bring attention to myself and/or problems
No, you do that pretty well by just posting in preexisting threads. [/b][/quote]

Tell me how is it drawing attention to one's self by simply stating -- totally misrepresenting a vehicle is fake ??

You want to see drama , look at the person who started this thread.. Drama drama drama all the time .. Blah. "Much ado about nothing" would be the proper phrase to describe it..
Old 1/3/05, 05:48 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by Domainer+January 3, 2005, 7:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domainer @ January 3, 2005, 7:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@January 3, 2005, 6:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Domainer
@January 3, 2005, 6:40 AM

No, you do that pretty well by just posting in preexisting threads.
Tell me how is it drawing attention to one's self by simply stating -- totally misrepresenting a vehicle is fake ??

You want to see drama , look at the person who started this thread.. Drama drama drama all the time .. Blah. "Much ado about nothing" would be the proper phrase to describe it.. [/b][/quote]
This has been said before.......If you don't like the poster or don't agree with what they are saying or doing. SKIP over it....Don't read it.
Some of us enjoy reading her post.
Old 1/3/05, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

She's been a really great friend to a lot of us too. She joined just shortly after I did, and I have always enjoyed her commentary.

Amazing that some can have less than 150 posts on here and will step up and bash a poster with more than 2400.

And just remember...read all the other posts, then click close window. When you come back, any posts that don't meet your high quality standard will be marked as read.
Old 1/3/05, 05:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, but after awhile it comes to a point where enough is enough.. My goodness I have kept quiet for a long time and did as you suggested .. But there comes a time when something has to be said for this act. It's always drama drama drama all the time like I said. Starting a thread on something so insignificant (as a sticker on her car in some remote southern region of the US) is a waste of everyone's time.. Why the drama act to say goodbye ? We all know she won't leave, this is just an act.. And in time everyone will see this. It's so obvious.
Old 1/3/05, 05:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 3, 2005, 5:34 AM
First off- thank you all for answering all of my questions over the past 8 months. You all will never know how much I truly appreciate it.

Thank you for supporting me when my car finally came home. I as well appreciate that.

Now with that said, its been downhill since she came home, and I can't take it anymore.

I was absolutely proud that something I had waited for my entire life finally happened. Naturally, I wanted to share it because I was over the moon happy about it. Glad it happened, glad its here, glad its over. And indeed yes I was thrilled.

I am happy I got what I wanted, I was thrilled to death to have the v6 that I wanted, because it wasn't that I wanted a GT and couldn't afford it, it was that I wanted a v6 and was glad I got it.

All that changed December 25th. I am sincerely sorry that my fathers Christmas present to me changed things over in such a huge horrible way. I was thrilled with it, I was glad my Dad thought of it, and the last thing on my mind when he did this was, hey look I am trying to put pose my v6 into something it isnt. My only thought was WOW Dad, I really like that, thank you.

However, since it has happened, I have taken nothing but abuse from it from people who do not understand. The snakes aren't coming off, simply because a) they are stuck on there and to remove them would ruin my lovely yellow paint job. and B) my fathers love is much more important to me than any abuse I could take from them. So since a totally innocent Christmas present has offended so many people, I will take my leave so as not to offend anyone else with it.

Thank you all again for your support through the ordeal to bring my car home. I have really appreciated it. Later.
April,

Don't let a few people ruin this for you. It's very obvious you enjoy this site and most people here enjoy your comments, pictures, and wit. Who cares what a few people think? I think it's cool you and your Dad have such a great relationship!

Tom
Old 1/3/05, 06:00 AM
Bullitt Member

You know what's funny, I received 7 PM's from people yesterday (regarding the v6 thread) saying exactly what I am saying here about this act she tries to portray all the time.. They all specifically mentioned her.. It's no coincidence, and, it is an opinion shared by many others..
Old 1/3/05, 06:02 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I personally think you will find that this thread fills up with her supporters!
Old 1/3/05, 06:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Donna@January 3, 2005, 7:05 AM
Like I said, this is an act by her trying to desperately gain attention.. Acting depressed like she is will hopefully make people feel sorry for her.. This is what she is hoping and conveying . It's obvious to even the blind eye..

If she wasn't trying to do this, she would have just left without a drawn out thread starting post.. But she obviously needs the attention as many others have PM'd me regarding.. People actually pm'd me saying "don't bother with April, she is the #1 attention getter on this forum, she needs it" , they said -"no serious person here pays attention to her antics" ..

Again, those quotes weren't from me, but exact sentiments of others.. Now, you can proceed to feel sorry for her.. I don't need to waste anymore time.. My opinion ( and the opinions of many others) has been expressed ..
Old 1/3/05, 06:17 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Domainer,

Please desist from name calling. April has been a real asset here, you are yet to prove yourself. Please leave off bashing people that do not have the exact same taste as yourself, the world would be boring etc etc.

April,

Don't let life get you down kid! I am still extremely jealous of your car!!

James
Old 1/3/05, 06:24 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Domainer+January 3, 2005, 7:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domainer @ January 3, 2005, 7:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Donna@January 3, 2005, 7:05 AM
Like I said, this is an act by her trying to desperately gain attention.. Acting depressed like she is will hopefully make people feel sorry for her.. This is what she is hoping and conveying . It's obvious to even the blind eye..

If she wasn't trying to do this, she would have just left without a drawn out thread starting post.. But she obviously needs the attention as many others have PM'd me regarding.. People actually pm'd me saying "don't bother with April, she is the #1 attention getter on this forum, she needs it" , they said -"no serious person here pays attention to her antics" ..

Again, those quotes weren't from me, but exact sentiments of others.. Now, you can proceed to feel sorry for her.. I don't need to waste anymore time.. My opinion ( and the opinions of many others) has been expressed .. [/b][/quote]
You know what Rob, it takes 2 to tango.

The simple fact that you bring up those PM's are proof that you sir are guilty of the same thing that you accuse April of.

Look in the mirror when you levy those kind of accusations.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.....Aye

Old 1/3/05, 06:40 AM
V6 Member

April,
If you modify your car in any way, some people will like the mods, some will not. If you post pics in a forum like this, you will have to accept that you get both negative and positive comments.
Don't take it personal. It is just their opinons and you should continue to do any mods you like, it is YOUR car!
Old 1/3/05, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

April, don't let a select few detractors steer you away from the forum. There's one in every crowd that has to be a complainer and a whiner, and see things from their own convoluted view point. This has become a huge community of people who share a common interest, so there's likely to be more than one of this personality type. I think the majority of people appreciate your posts and enjoy your sense of humor, so stick around, and don't let them bother you. Check out your own avatar, "Crap, all I see is a big red X" . . . that's them! So learn who they are, see a big red X, and skip over them!
Old 1/3/05, 06:48 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=12743

see above thread,
Old 1/3/05, 06:48 AM
Bullitt Member

April don't let a few jurkes drive you out of here. I have only been a member since May of '04, but have enjoyed reading almost every post on here. From reading everything you have posted I feel that I know you, and you are a friend.

So please don,t let these people get you down, stay with us.

Quick Reply: This ends here.