2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Emabarassing Mustang Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/06, 05:16 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a southeast Mustang dealers- Featuring a blue Mustang.

Awful song- Makes you go beep beep. http://www.13stories.com/

It makes me embarassed- if I didn't have a mustang, I would be scared people thought I got one because of that commercial. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]

Anyone else seen and hated it?
Old 4/26/06, 05:46 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Beep, Beep... Yeah, its annoying!! Whats bad about it is that it gets stuck in your head too. I didn't even like the song and now they have played the commercial soooo many times I find myself singing along with it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
I see on their website they are coming to Greenville,SC..I want be going to see them.
Old 4/26/06, 05:50 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Please kill me:

Do you wanna get in first? Let me know,
Come on and punch it, Beep! Beep! Beep!
Peel out in second, oh no! You love to go Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Old 4/26/06, 06:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donna @ April 26, 2006, 7:49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Beep, Beep... Yeah, its annoying!! Whats bad about it is that it gets stuck in your head too. I didn't even like the song and now they have played the commercial soooo many times I find myself singing along with it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
I see on their website they are coming to Greenville,SC..I want be going to see them.
[/b][/quote]

I hate that commercial - they play it in the morning and then its stuck in my head all morning!
Old 4/26/06, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

omg ive never seen the commercial but they sing horribly.
Old 4/26/06, 06:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

If its "stuck in your head" then the commercial has done its job - sad, but true
Old 4/26/06, 06:42 AM
Queen Of Nascar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ranger @ April 26, 2006, 8:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If its "stuck in your head" then the commercial has done its job - sad, but true
[/b][/quote]

Yep, you are right.
Old 4/26/06, 07:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]

OMG, a bubble gum song for a Mustang? That song has VW New Beetle written all over it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 07:20 AM

That song is freakin gay and annoying! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jasonandscott.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 07:27 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Never heard it, but be glad you didn't get the "Ride it Like a Ford" commercials that were played constantly in South Florida last year about this time. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brick.gif[/img] If anyone can find a video clip of that commercial on the net, please post it.
Old 4/26/06, 07:28 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AAAhhhhhhhhh, my ears, make it stop!!!!!
Old 4/26/06, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Man, you beat me to it. I was gonna post on this commercial today too.

The worst part is the singer - she looks like some skanky poolroom waitress who won a talent show. Not the image I want associated with my Stang. Ford needs to inject a little class in it's ads. This one does the opposite.
Old 4/26/06, 07:55 AM
GT Member

AArrrggghhh!! And I really thought today was going to be a good day. Nice drive to work in the mustang, I got settled in at work, got another cup of coffee and a pop tart, and figured I would check out the latest on TMS. This is the first thread I've read today, and now I have BEEP! BEEP! running through my head over and over! I know its going to continue all day! Please make it stop! BEEP! BEEP!
Old 4/26/06, 07:55 AM

But it's working... You guys are talking about it. Marketing at it's finest. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2006GT @ April 26, 2006, 9:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
But it's working... You guys are talking about it. Marketing at it's finest. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
No doubt it's effective in increasing awareness levels of the Stang. Does that sell cars? Probably some. But you can still be classy and effective. Look at Honda. I'm not saying Ford ads should be as bland as Hondas, but at least they highlight the CAR, not some Courtney love lookalike singing some bubblegum jingle.

Fords last commercial, the one with the Stang doing donuts in the barn, was a much better example of an ad that highlights the strengths and appeal of the car without resorting to cheap marketing 101 gimmicks like blondes and jingles.

Not that I don't like blondes. Just not skanky poolroom ones. Okay, so my only problem with the ad is that the blonde isn't hot enough. Carry on.
Old 4/26/06, 09:34 AM

Here's one to get that beep beep jingle out of your head!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...mercial&pl=true
Old 4/26/06, 10:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Bait and switch. They show a GT then sell you a lease V-6
Old 4/26/06, 10:15 AM
GT Member

BEEP! BEEP! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 10:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ April 26, 2006, 9:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bait and switch. They show a GT then sell you a lease V-6
[/b][/quote]

(shaking head in shame) ford...ford...ford......[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

I've never seen that commercial....sounds like trash....and IDK if anyone has posted on this before but there was a commercial a while back (still airs today though) with a 05 Redfire GT doing burnouts/donuts in an abandoned warehouse/hanger....and the ground was wet....showing MASSIVE wheelhop...they got the sound right by actually letting us hear the engine (unlike nissan's stupid 350Z commercials with a guy whistling louder than the exhaust)....but then ford's marketing guys let us down by displaying BAD BAD wheel hop...and then they don't even have the car doing burnouts on DRY concrete with billowing smoke....no show people mustang drivers are wussies and won't do burnouts unless the ground is wet so they don't screw up the drivetrain....PSH...anyone know where i can download the Steve McQueen commercial????....i have to get the bad taste out of my mouth......
Old 4/26/06, 10:29 AM
Queen Of Nascar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laserred38 @ April 26, 2006, 12:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
(shaking head in shame) ford...ford...ford......[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

I've never seen that commercial....sounds like trash....and IDK if anyone has posted on this before but there was a commercial a while back (still airs today though) with a 05 Redfire GT doing burnouts/donuts in an abandoned warehouse/hanger....and the ground was wet....showing MASSIVE wheelhop...they got the sound right by actually letting us hear the engine (unlike nissan's stupid 350Z commercials with a guy whistling louder than the exhaust)....but then ford's marketing guys let us down by displaying BAD BAD wheel hop...and then they don't even have the car doing burnouts on DRY concrete with billowing smoke....no show people mustang drivers are wussies and won't do burnouts unless the ground is wet so they don't screw up the drivetrain....PSH...anyone know where i can download the Steve McQueen commercial????....i have to get the bad taste out of my mouth......
[/b][/quote]

Here's a link I saved that a fellow member put up with all the commercials:

http://www.2006-mustang-gt.com/commercials.htm

Quick Reply: Emabarassing Mustang Commercial