2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Eles no match for a GT

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 05:40 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Saturday night was my birthday.........We were going out to dinner, and no amount of super begging will get my hubby behind the wheel of my car...

As we are getting onto the interstate via my favorite entrance ramp.....I am trying to merge around a moron who can't navigate an acceleration lane and I look to my left......What do I see? A brand new spanking White 05 Gt. I get on the gas pretty good, but he's bookin it. Hubby says- are you going to kill us all just to see something you are already driving? Well...Never seen another in my vicinity before that wasn't parked or going in the opposite direction......

After about 3 miles I catch up to him......Tuck in behind. For about 12 miles I just cruise behind enjoying having two 05 mustangs on the road- because you don't see that often.... Hes coming up to his exit and he punches it, that thing took off like a rocket......and off it went. I was very impressed.

NO we didn't race. NO I didn't try( I was not going to beg for a tail whuppin)......And YES he was super fast.
Old 1/28/05, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

The quote from your Hubby was hilarious!!

"Hubby says- are you going to kill us all just to see something you are already driving? "

Mike
Old 1/28/05, 06:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I've driven both the V6 and the GT, both are awesome Mustangs. The grin on my face from driving the GT lasted awhile longer so that's what I'm gonna get. The price difference is gonna hurt though, I will be quitting cable TV (won't have time to watch it after I get my wheels!), less eating out, coloring my hair less often, etc. LOL The delay in production is helping me out actually, gives me more time to save up.
Old 1/28/05, 06:40 AM

So what was the deal with your tranny?
Old 1/28/05, 07:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

No more coloring your hair?? You must really want a GT!!
Old 1/28/05, 07:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Happy belated Birthday Ele!

The '05s are starting to hit the road. I haven't seen any since I ordered mine back at Thanksgiving and last week I saw two in two days. A Torch Red V6 and then the next day a Redfire GT. This is killing me. I could deal with seeing pics but when I see 'em on the road... "Out of sight, out of mind" is so true.

Glad you and Eleanor are having fun
Old 1/28/05, 07:33 AM
Queen Of Nascar

My V6 is no match for a beautiful green Bullit that wanted to show me what he had yesterday either. I could just listen and tell. I wanted to give him the as in nice car but he was more interested in showing me what was under the hood.
Funny thing is he had this really angry look on his face....I just wanted him to know I respected that Bullit and it was a thing of beauty. He must have been a V6 hater.
Old 1/28/05, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Donna@January 28, 2005, 9:36 AM
My V6 is no match for a beautiful green Bullit that wanted to show me what he had yesterday. I could just listen and tell. I wanted to give him the as in nice car but he was more interested in showing me what was under the hood.
Funny thing is he had this really angry look on his face....I just wanted him to know I respected that Bullit and it was a thing of beauty. He must have been a V6 hater.
Keep in mind that many people aren't aware of the visual differences between 05 GTs and V6s. He might have saw you thinking it was a GT, thought "let's show her that this older model can put up a fight" and got on it.
Old 1/28/05, 08:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
I didn't know you could get the '05 in "Spanking White".
Old 1/28/05, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe it's just me, but no one around my area gives me any kind of recognition, I always give the thumbs up whenever I see a fellow stanger out on the road, but so far the only responses I've gotten are angry stares, or someone wanting to race... wtf is wrong with the people in my area?

btw, happy belated birthday Eleanor...
Old 1/28/05, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

jealousy?
Old 1/28/05, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Hey April,

For me, cruisin is where it's at. I've learned a long time ago the nobody own a car that can't be beaten.

Mustang 6's are no match for a GT, so what ???

Basic GT's will be no match for Cobra's when they come out. Cobra's will be no match for whatever comes next.

Let's face it, the old horsepower race of the 60's is on again with a new format. There are going to be some pretty sophisticated machines out there within the next few years. I plan to smile and "thumbs-up" a lot and keep on keepin-on in my Mustang and let the rest of the gang rip it up.

Keep cruisin, Girl. In the long run you'll be way ahead of the pack. 'Course, that doesn't mean you can't play once in a while (even us "Old Farts" do once in a while).

Old 1/28/05, 08:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SeniorStang@January 28, 2005, 9:41 AM
Hey April,

For me, cruisin is where it's at. I've learned a long time ago the nobody own a car that can't be beaten.

Basic GT's will be no match for Cobra's when they come out. Cobra's will be no match for whatever comes next.

Let's face it, the old horsepower race of the 60's is on again with a new format. There are going to be some pretty sophisticated machines out there within the next few years. I plan to smile and "thumbs-up" a lot and keep on keepin-on in my Mustang and let the rest of the gang rip it up.

Keep cruisin, Girl. In the long run you'll be way ahead of the pack. 'Course, that doesn't mean you can't play once in a while (even us "Old Farts" do once in a while).

Lets just hope this time its not followed by a fuel crisis and the next Mustang GT only has 150 hp.
Old 1/28/05, 09:07 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by holderca1+January 28, 2005, 9:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ January 28, 2005, 9:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SeniorStang@January 28, 2005, 9:41 AM
Hey April,

Lets just hope this time its not followed by a fuel crisis and the next Mustang GT only has 150 hp.
[/b][/quote]

Can we have an AMEN on that !!!

Old 1/28/05, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by WBstangGT@January 28, 2005, 11:06 AM
maybe it's just me, but no one around my area gives me any kind of recognition, I always give the thumbs up whenever I see a fellow stanger out on the road, but so far the only responses I've gotten are angry stares, or someone wanting to race... wtf is wrong with the people in my area?

btw, happy belated birthday Eleanor...
I get stares wherever I go ... being what, 50 miles away from you, thats pretty strange ... thought, maybe you are confused, they probably aren't angry stares, just people admiring the car.
Old 1/28/05, 01:14 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Greif. People love me......I can't catch a break on the roads- I always get attention.
Today I went on a field trip, got between the buses, thought the junior high boys in back were going to stroke..All waving and stuff.

I drive her for the joy of it- fixin to crack 2,000 miles Don't wanna race her- the bright yellow I think is just a ticket waiting to be written.

I also don't get loving glances from other mustangs on the roads. This was the first actual 05 I was within spitting distance of.
Old 1/28/05, 01:21 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 28, 2005, 2:17 PM
Greif. People love me......I can't catch a break on the roads- I always get attention.
Today I went on a field trip, got between the buses, thought the junior high boys in back were going to stroke..All waving and stuff.

I drive her for the joy of it- fixin to crack 2,000 miles Don't wanna race her- the bright yellow I think is just a ticket waiting to be written.

I also don't get loving glances from other mustangs on the roads. This was the first actual 05 I was within spitting distance of.

Like I said, ...keep cruisin', girl !!!

Old 1/28/05, 02:49 PM
GT Member

Funny I had the same thing happen only it was a high school bus! Compliments stares, especially on the color! I'm happy just to be driving a Mustang (after wanting one for 28 years or so) the extra attention is just a bonus!!
Old 1/28/05, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 28, 2005, 5:17 PM
I hope you didn't try leaning out and spitting at a car in front of you
Old 1/28/05, 02:54 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

So I was behind the wrong dang bus the whole time. My kid was on the second bus! She wanted to talk about the mustang on the way to the place we were going! Her friends don't belive a responsible parent would drive a bright yellow sports car.

I do love that car so.

Quick Reply: Eles no match for a GT