After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Dang......
Thats spectacular.
Old 5/12/05 | 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Originally posted by kerafaith@May 10, 2005, 10:26 PM
Hey lets not start on us young women here. It's not just us but everyone. I was pulling into a parking lot & a woman (looked mid 30's) was sitting there in a silver 05 V6er. She saw me & gave me the "go to hades" look.

Why? What did I ever do to her? So, if you are going to rant, rant about it all. The old & young. And not just the women either. I am sure there are plenty of the male species out there who don't wave either.

In fact, I met my cousin in his ?04? GT just today, I waved & he didn't even lift a finger.

~*~Kera~*~

Exactly, i was pulling out of a gas station and an older guy was pulling in witha late 60's(around) Mustang, i waved and smiled and he looked at me like i was crazy, :bang: the NERVE of me to smile and wave at him! so its not just the young OR just the women!
Old 5/12/05 | 08:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Some spoilt teen girl got a torch six recently. Her friend lives in my neighborhood.
This morning coming back from delivering my daughter to school, She and Ellie crossed paths. Almost a mustang sandwich cause she was driving in England.
Then she had the nerve to give me a look(as I was off in the GRASS) like I did something going the speed limit while she was hauling through the neighborhood on the wrong side of the road. Kids.

On that go- Four of us here with 05s are supercool(and I am the only cool six, my three mustang buddies have Gts, Ellie is like a little puppy with them), the rest of them look at us like they're eating lemons.
Old 5/12/05 | 08:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mister_e@May 11, 2005, 10:08 AM
.... But here in Dallas there are A LOT of Mustang...

Concur. I cant drive 1/4 mile without passing at least one other Stang. So its tough to wave at them all. Although today I was on Harry Hines and I passed another White '05 and I waved. He just stared at me. *shrug*
Old 5/12/05 | 09:23 PM
V6 Member

This topic hit home for me.

Being new to the whole Mustang thing, (Just got my 2005 v6 Legend Lime a week ago) I was a bit confused with the whole waving/flashing lights thing the first time it happened to me. I was pulling up to a light (On a dreaded hill (Oh yeah, it's my first stick car)) and a 2004 blue GT pulled up behind me and flashed his lights. I was trying to figure what the heck I did wrong and why this guy was pissed at me. At least he gave room (must be a stick driver). My girlfriend (who has always wanted a Stang) later told me what it was all about.
Now thankd to her I'm a waver.
Old 5/12/05 | 09:50 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Don't buy your daughters a Mustang, let them ride for free in mine
Old 5/13/05 | 12:37 AM
Cobra Member

I've only had two 05 owners wave back at me. One Sonic Blue GT gave me a thumbs up and another V-6 P.White similar to mine smiled and gave me the nod. Other than that mostly everyone ignores my waves and light flashes... bummer..

hey all you guys posting the picts of your classics need to stop!! Dang darn amazingly hot cars you all have and you are making me jealous!!
Old 5/13/05 | 05:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Arioch@May 11, 2005, 10:25 AM
I wave at other 05's and classic Mustangs... but in my area you can't drive for ten minutes without passing a 94-04 Mustang, so waving at them all just isn't practical... some people just aren't as much into the history of cars, and that's fine...
Same thing here in the East Bay. Tons of 94-04s, but very few '05s so far. I think part of the reason is that the 99-04s were HEAVILY discounted around here.
Several dealers were selling V6s for $12,995 after rebates. That made them among the cheapest cars around. I think many who bought them did so simply for cheap transportation with no interest in the heritage.

The cheapest I've seen '05 V6s advertised for is $17,995 around here, which puts them out of the price range of the above drivers. The only '05 I've been close enough to wave to was a Torch GT the other day. The girl driving gave me a dirty look. I'm guessing she wasn't happy to no longer be the only '05 in the neighborhood .
Old 5/27/05 | 08:16 AM
GT Member

The Proper Response

So a couple of days ago I got the proper response twice in one day.

First, I was driving down the road and pulled up next to a slightly gray haired gentleman in a 2004 convertible. I smilled, nodded, waved and he nodded. He then slowed down while checking out my mods, pulled in behind me to look at the car, pulled back up beside me and gave me the big thumbs up and smile with a mouthed "Nice ride".

Later, I was driving past the Ford dealership on Noland road and two guys were out looking at the remnants of '05, the V6's. I revved my modded '05 as I passed them and got two sets of double thumbs up.

That is Mustang spirit.
Old 5/27/05 | 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Had a silver 05GT wave, waved at two v6's neither noticed.
Old 5/27/05 | 08:54 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

There's a new black GT in town......DO NOT look them in the eye. She is quite hostile.
I mistook her for my black Gt friend the other day- if looks could melt....
Old 5/27/05 | 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree that it's super cool when two Mustangs can acknowledge one another. I have a lot of those experiences already and I love it every time. I generally give other 'stangs a thumbs up as I drive by.

I have also had some ignore me, and some be outright rude (had an '04 Cobra flip me off as he blew by).

I have to say though, the most enthusiastic response I got was from a pair of young girls. My wife and I were driving through Old Town San Diego with the top down one evening - we were going slow, looking for a place to park - when I hear a short scream and look over to see a pair of 18-20 year old girl just getting out of their Jetta. The one who yelped is pointing at us. Then the other girl screams at the top of her lungs "OM MY GOD! It's soooo beautiful!"

I turned pretty red, smiled and waved. Then drove on. My wife said (grinning) "you liked that, didn't you?"
Old 5/27/05 | 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Last night I was out in the wife's '05 MG GT Vert and three seperate conversations with folks at traffic lights and a few drive-by contacts. The first contact was with a young woman and her mother in a 4dr sedan asking if the car was one of the new Mustangs. The second contact was a 30-something blond woman in a metallic red Mustang vert (99-03). She came up pretty fast on my left side, slowed down a bit to talk and then turned off. The third contact was also a blond in a Mustang vert, black this time, but she was going the other way; I did get a wave though. The next contact was a mid-twenties male in a metallic red Mustang coupe that did not wave back, but his practically gave himself whiplash. The last contact was a guy in a Toyota pick-up behind me at the Dairy Queen. He was REALLY interested in the car and had plenty of questions for me while we waited in the drive-thru line.

Everyone was asking how I liked the car. My response was always, "When I get to drive it as it was a gift to the wife." That in itself usually gets me a thumbs up!

EK
Old 5/27/05 | 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ive never really been surprised at how few mustang drivers are wavers. The mustang has always been an affordable car, and produced in huge numbers. Most people Im sure couldnt give a flip about the heritage. There are a number of 05s here in town where I live and with the exception of one, all have atleast been staring or waved. The one that doesnt I know is a jerkoff doctor in a black GT coupe who Im sure hates me because I had my car first, and is stuck up on his "I make more money than you and am better than your little v6" pedestal. Ive tried waving to him several times, once sitting on opposite sides of a redlight facing each other. I get nothing.

There's a mother who owns a redfire v6 coupe as well, and Ive seen her and her daughter driving around town once or twice. I get no response from them either on the road, but the girl actually approached me one day. She's 15, 100% teenie bopper, and the extent of the 20 minute conversation was "My car is better than your's, wah!" Ive learned its just not worth it to try and argue with these people. They dont know a thing about cars, in general, and think they should be the only ones with a "cool new car" and are somehow still jealous that other people have them. Its like theyve never seen the other 200 thousand mustangs on the road.

Every time Ive seen and older (go way back) mustang on the road, they've waved back. Young or old. I passed a couple in a 64 vert the other day and got waves and thumbs up back from both of them. At the track, I cant even count the number of drivers and fans who have come up and spoken with me. I ran against a 68 one night, and the first thing he did was hang his head out the window and give me a big thumbs up in the staging lanes.

To address other cars waving, yeah, other "car clubs" might wave more, but you have to remember there arent nearly as many of them on the road as there are of us. My family owns two Mazda Miatas, and we almost always get a wave atleast when we see another on the road. My father owns a BMW Z3 Coupe, and in all his years owning it Ive still only seen two others on the road like it. Both waved and gave a big hearty thumbs up.

Anyway, just my two cents. Its not all bad lemons out there
Old 5/27/05 | 11:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Heres a contrast........
I just saw a new LL six...... I lifted my fingers up to wave, they gave me a Go to hades look.........So I ignored the other five I saw while I was out.

Then I run into the black Gt I know- we both wave at each other- now how hard is it for everyone to do so?
Old 5/27/05 | 12:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I notice arround here in Orange County, alot of people are just clueless. Maybe its the mentality.

For instance.

Last weekend, Rrobello picked me up from my old frat house in San Diego where i was partying...to take me home. My girlfriend was there, and left about 5 min. before us. I remembered I left my passport (see signature, no license) in her car...so Richard and I left and caught up with her on the 5. We sat next to her...honking the horn....me hanging out the window yelling....everything....for about 5 min. (long time!) before she looked over and realized I was next to her.

I am not sure in other parts of the country, but out here; people are clueless when they drive. I notice every car arround me....coming, going, and next to me. Mostly looking for PoPo and other mustangs....but I always know what cars are arround me.
Old 5/27/05 | 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@May 27, 2005, 1:03 PM
I notice arround here in Orange County, alot of people are just clueless. Maybe its the mentality.

For instance.

Last weekend, Rrobello picked me up from my old frat house in San Diego where i was partying...to take me home. My girlfriend was there, and left about 5 min. before us. I remembered I left my passport (see signature, no license) in her car...so Richard and I left and caught up with her on the 5. We sat next to her...honking the horn....me hanging out the window yelling....everything....for about 5 min. (long time!) before she looked over and realized I was next to her.

I am not sure in other parts of the country, but out here; people are clueless when they drive. I notice every car arround me....coming, going, and next to me. Mostly looking for PoPo and other mustangs....but I always know what cars are arround me.

You're right, its like that everywhere... And it scares me ****less to think that these people are actually on the road driving 2000lb+ metal objects.
Old 5/27/05 | 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Like others have said, take it easy. The other cars on the road aren't necessarily looking at you the whole time. I wave to my neighbours on our little street all the time, and only about half of them even notice. They're not trying to be rude. It's just that, for some unknown reason, they aren't staring my hands as we pass. (They are pretty clueless sometimes, though.)

That being said, it's pretty unconscionsable not to wave back if you do see it. If you know younger folks driving Mustangs, do everyone a favour and make sure they know the tradition. It's not like they'll learn it otherwise.

Th'other day I passed a Shelby Cobra coming the other way. I was hanging out the window giving him a thumbs-up and he didn't see me till we had almost passed each other. I saw in my mirror that he did wave back.

On the other hand, there's a beautiful white C3 Vette that I pass pretty often. I can't resist giving a car like that a thumbs-up, but I've never gotten an acknowledgement in return. Guess he doesn't speak to rednecks in Ford trucks.

Quick Reply: Educate Your Daughters