2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Educate Your Daughters

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/05, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wave at other 05's and classic Mustangs... but in my area you can't drive for ten minutes without passing a 94-04 Mustang, so waving at them all just isn't practical.

And I agree that it's not a gender or age issue... some people just aren't as much into the history of cars, and that's fine... some people are too wrapped up into their own thinking to realize why you're waving. As it is, many passengers in my car are surprised by the amount of attention we get from other Mustangs... "It's like a big brotherhood!" commented one passenger as I was driving flanked on either side by a red '66 (containing 4 college kids) and a beat-up '88 revving his engine.
Old 5/11/05, 10:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by emperorjordan@May 10, 2005, 8:07 PM
I try to wave to everybody in mustangs... and no 2005s take note of me. I mean, I am in a TORCH RED car people!! How can you miss me? Guys in the older 93-95 and 99-04 stangs usually wave back and smile.

Its like on my bike.... I always wave, the harley dudes and the young kids on sport bikes never wave back. It all depends on the type of person.
Hey bro',

what kinda bike you got? I ride a Honda Shadow Sabre. I'm also in Cali. And you're right, most Harley guys don't wave. I think the sportbike dudes just do a "head nod". In their riding position, they gotta keep their hands on the bars!

~Rob
Old 5/11/05, 10:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Rebel73 Posted Today, 12:29 PM

And you're right, most Harley guys don't wave.
I was hanging out in the Village for Cinco de Mayo and saw a Harley stopped at a light. A guy on a scooter rolls up to the guy on the Harley so they are side by side waiting for the light. The scooter guy looked over and waved. The guy on the Harley just shook his head.

EDIT: Greenwich Village section of NYC
Old 5/11/05, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Whether riding my CBR600F4 or driving the wife's MG GT Vert, the acknowledging of others of similar ilk by waving is natural to me. I enjoy those that wave back and try not to get hung up on those that don't because they are either preoccupied with cell phones, radio, or heaven help us ... their own egos.

Keep the shiney side up all!

EK
Old 5/11/05, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by blackhat97+May 11, 2005, 9:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blackhat97 @ May 11, 2005, 9:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Rebel73 Posted Today, 12:29 PM

And you're right, most Harley guys don't wave.
I was hanging out in the Village for Cinco de Mayo and saw a Harley stopped at a light. A guy on a scooter rolls up to the guy on the Harley so they are side by side waiting for the light. The scooter guy looked over and waved. The guy on the Harley just shook his head.

EDIT: Greenwich Village section of NYC
[/b]

Now thats funny stuff.

Originally posted by Rebel73@May 11, 2005, 9:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-emperorjordan
@May 10, 2005, 8:07 PM
I try to wave to everybody in mustangs... and no 2005s take note of me. I mean, I am in a TORCH RED car people!! How can you miss me? Guys in the older 93-95 and 99-04 stangs usually wave back and smile.

Its like on my bike.... I always wave, the harley dudes and the young kids on sport bikes never wave back. It all depends on the type of person.

Hey bro',

what kinda bike you got? I ride a Honda Shadow Sabre. I'm also in Cali. And you're right, most Harley guys don't wave. I think the sportbike dudes just do a "head nod". In their riding position, they gotta keep their hands on the bars!

~Rob
[/quote]

I have a Suzuki DRZ-400S dual sport bike, lots of mods, with an FMF AMA illegal pipe , and she THUMPS right along with the straight pipe harleys. Gotta love having a dirt bike that sounds this good.

Old 5/11/05, 11:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mister_e@May 11, 2005, 10:08 AM
I try to wave at most of the Mustangs I see. But here in Dallas there are A LOT of Mustang, so I eventually get tired of waving after, oh I dunno, the 4 gazillionth one I pass, so I don't wave to all of them

Of course, if someone took the time and made the effort to pull up beside me and wave I think I'd be inclined to wave back. I have been next to Mustangs at a stop light that won't even dare look my way. They just stare dead ahead like they're afraid to make eye contact with another living being. On the other hand, with all the stories you hear on the news, about people getting killed for less, can't say I don't understanf just a little
The last sentence says it all Eugene. Making eye contact in Dallas can lead to a long protracted gun battle! Seriously though, you never know about some people these days. I try to wave if I can tell they are looking but, otherwise there are just too many to wave at every one hoping they see me.
Old 5/11/05, 12:00 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This was a shocker!! My dad and i were out crusing in out 65 vert and we saw a 70 Boss 302 looked mint coming the opposite direction (we were waiting to make a left) i said to my dad to wait to honk the horn....my dad honked and he just drove past us like we werent there....i duno i think its definitely the type of person u are.... im just the person that loves miuscle cars of all years and know what its like to receive a wave...
Old 5/11/05, 12:15 PM

I try to wave to all the Mustang people I see, most of the time they just look at me like I'm dumb, but every now and then I get a wave.

When I had my Trans Am I would wave to other drivers and I never got a wave back....
Old 5/11/05, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@May 11, 2005, 12:26 AM
Hey lets not start on us young women here. It's not just us but everyone. I was pulling into a parking lot & a woman (looked mid 30's) was sitting there in a silver 05 V6er. She saw me & gave me the "go to hades" look.

Why? What did I ever do to her? So, if you are going to rant, rant about it all. The old & young. And not just the women either. I am sure there are plenty of the male species out there who don't wave either.

In fact, I met my cousin in his ?04? GT just today, I waved & he didn't even lift a finger.

~*~Kera~*~
I agree with you. Its not the females. Its actually mostly males that have the attitude.

My experience has been that mostly the male youngsters in the older body styles are the ones that dont wave or they try to pretend that they dont like your car. The funny thing is that when they pass me I can then see them jerking around in their seat trying to check out my car. Its funny but sad.

The other thing we must consider is that not all Mustang owners are not freaks like us. They dont spend half the day drueling over their car and they dont spend the other half on this website or any other Mustang site like we do. They just liked the car, bought it and thats it.
Old 5/11/05, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy Bat Poo!

This was kinda a joke post and we made it to page two!!!

Old 5/12/05, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I get more reaction from non-mustang drivers. Every time I see a mustang, especially an 05, I look at the driver and wave. So far, I have never had an 05 wave back, or even look at me. Same with previous year mustangs.

Heck one guy was my car's little brother (V6 next to my GT and same color). we drove next to each other for a few seconds. he never looked over.

Oh well.
Old 5/12/05, 11:48 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I get lots of attention from the filthy truckers, and the local rednecks(they have no class)..... :notnice:

Gross.
Old 5/12/05, 12:09 PM
V6 Member

The thrill is gone....at least here in Tampa.

Back in January when I got my car - I got tons of reaction from non-stangers.

Now....nothing.....from no one.

I have never been waived at by anyone in an 05. Ever. But then again, I don't wave either.
Old 5/12/05, 01:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I took my "Stang to Albany, NY and I couldn't believe the amount of looks (I won't say "I got".. we all know it's the car, not me lol). I got some thumbs up and nods from non-Stangs, even a wave from a kid in a minivan who I gave wave and a rev back to.
Old 5/12/05, 02:17 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

No one waves to me, EVER. Wait, I take that back. Once there was a perf white one turning left in front of me at a light, as he passed by me, he gave me a wave and a thumbs up. I was so surprised, I was a second or two late returning, hope he saw.

For the most part I get really dirty looks from 99-04 folks, and ignored by everyone else.. Cept the Hondas that wanna race, LOL! I get more attention from other manufacturer owners. Guys hanging out of pick up trucks, cat calling, women smile and mouth "Right on!".

I dont even bother for the most part anymore. EVERY single 05er in my area turns thier nose up at me.
Old 5/12/05, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I get a ton of waves, thumbs up, etc from people not in Mustangs but surprisingly not many from other Mustangs.
Next time a 16 year old in the 6 banger that daddy bought her doesn't show any respect just crank up that V8 and show her why we love Mustangs. :drive:
Old 5/12/05, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by edcrbnsoul@May 11, 2005, 7:24 AM
Jeep people are wavers too, but you run into the same thing, people who look at you like your wacked when you wave.
Yeah, I'm a Jeeper (own four of 'em) . . . the closer I get to areas where people have too much money the less waving takes place . . . . they don't know/honor the legacy.
Old 5/12/05, 06:10 PM
V6 Member

my father has had a few Corvetts and the wave or two finger wave with them has been around since 1976

also have a jeep wrangler TJ and wave often

I only have about 900 mi. on my GT but about 3 of the ten have reacted to me

yesterday a harley rider gave me the thumbs up

and the best one was about two week ago a new Lambergini Merceleago
pulled up next to me at a red light and was asking all sorts of questions, price horsepower etc. and acting like he just had to have one
granted, as I was talking to him I was not sure of what car he was in as he was close and on my right (I just saw a very low and angular roof line)

when we were on our way I got a full look of the ausome Lamborgini and it hit me that someone with 1/4 million dollar car taste is Ga Ga for an '05 Mustang costing less then $30,000

this just made my day!

my car is a completley stock (for now) black on black Mustang GT w/ Bullits
Old 5/12/05, 06:11 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 12, 2005, 2:20 PM
No one waves to me, EVER. Wait, I take that back. Once there was a perf white one turning left in front of me at a light, as he passed by me, he gave me a wave and a thumbs up. I was so surprised, I was a second or two late returning, hope he saw.

For the most part I get really dirty looks from 99-04 folks, and ignored by everyone else.. Cept the Hondas that wanna race, LOL! I get more attention from other manufacturer owners. Guys hanging out of pick up trucks, cat calling, women smile and mouth "Right on!".

I dont even bother for the most part anymore. EVERY single 05er in my area turns thier nose up at me.
hey Jessica dont get discouraged maybe they're too affraid to wave at a beautiful woman in a beautiful car I had some punk kid whose girlfriend was driving give me the finger for no reason when we were driving in our 65..i couldnt believe it
Old 5/12/05, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Bike folks almost always wave... (Buellers almost always) Mustang GT guys sometimes wave... V6 folks, esp. chicks don't wave for the most part... I think they're oblivious in most cases... "its red and goes zoom!".... Pardon my "Pigeon Whole Moment"...This has been a public service announcement….

I still have the '89.... traded the 03 vert for the 05....

Remember to "keep waving"...

Quick Reply: Educate Your Daughters