2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dropped My Mustang Off At The Body Shop Today

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/04, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

So yeah... I dropped the Mustang off today to begin repairs... hopefully it will be done before the end of the week so I can pick up my plates before the temp registration expires.
List of repairs:

1. New bumper :bang:
2. Hood needs to be sprayed - it got chipped. :notnice:
3. Slight crinkle in left front fender. :angry:
4. Hood was knocked slightly out of alignment - needs to be realigned.
5. Paint is chipped around left headlight cover. :shock:
6. Subframe was scraped - needs to be sprayed to prevent rusting.
7. Front wheel alignment - it got knocked slightly out of wack.

Sounds like a lot, but it's really a bunch minor things (minus the new bumper). Estimate was for between $1,000 - $1,300, but they usually high ball their estimates to be safe... it's will probably come out close to 1k, maybe a little under. I'm going to drive by the place a little later after midnight to be sure they kept their word about keeping the car inside. I also wrote down the mileage before I left - 346.4. There should be no reason that the car has over 355 miles on it when I get her back, allowing for the drive to check the wheel alignment.
I'll update when I get the car back, godwilling it isn't stolen or anything.
Old 11/29/04, 09:59 PM
FR500 Member

wait wait wait waiiiiiiiiiiit what happppppened???????
Old 11/29/04, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Aww, whatever happened. I'm sorry. I know you didn't want to talk about it. Just be careful in the future.
Old 11/29/04, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

A motorcyclist pulled a wheelie in front of me coming off a red light, but he pulled up too high and fell right off the back of his bike, about 15 ft in front of my bumper. I couldn't swerve into the other lane to avoid him because of oncoming traffic, so instead of running the imbecile over, I rammed a guardrail between 15 - 20 MPH. The guy on the motorcycle was up and off like a speeding bullet before I even got out of the car. Then some idiot called the police. Luckily, they didn't witness anything, so they couldn't give me a ticket. One of the younger ones really wanted to. The older cop was much nicer about it.
Oh by the way, a FYI - whenever you have a collision in the '05 Stang, it trips a fuel cutoff switch located in the driver's side footwell. You have to switch it off to get the car going again.
Old 11/29/04, 10:41 PM

I would have ran him over.
Old 11/29/04, 10:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Fuel cutoffs have been around for a bit, but nice to know and with a location. Too bad about yer car, hope it comes out ok.
Old 11/29/04, 10:43 PM

Sorry to hear it! I almost had a similar choice the other night... oncoming traffic, a deer, or the guardrail. I would not have been able to brake in time. Fortunately for me, the deer decided he didn't need a better look at my '05 and hopped back onto the shoulder allowing me to pass! First close call.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say we all wish your car a speedy recovery and thank goodness no one was hurt!

Cheers,
Juris
Old 11/29/04, 10:50 PM
FR500 Member

Hope your car comes back to you Perfect! Good luck
Old 11/29/04, 10:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by BamBam@November 29, 2004, 9:44 PM
I know we all wish that in jest when it comes to unnecessary damage to our beloved Mustangs but: (1) when you hit anything from behind, including people.....you are at fault.
Old 11/29/04, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just got back from driving by the body shop. They were true to their word. My car is in their bay. It was hiney-to, so I couldn't tell if any work had been done on it, but it's good to know that they're keeping it inside like they said.
Yeah, BamBam, I would have looovveeeeddd to run the imbecile over, especially knowing what I know now... but hey, hindsight is 20/20. Beisdes, somebody probably would have seen me, especially the way my luck has been running this week, lol.
Old 11/29/04, 11:43 PM
GT Member

I don't get it. Why would one of the cops want to write you a ticket? You didn't do anything wrong. The idiot pulled a wheelie and you swerved not to hit him. I'm sure if you need evidence to back up your claim, there's little shards of his bike on the ground they could look for. Can't believe the guy just up and ran, I hate people like that. Well, good luck with the car.
Old 11/30/04, 12:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

(shrugs) That's the way the guy was. He looked very young (almost as young as I am - 21). The older cop believed me, but the younger one was a real hiney. He probably just got his badge and was hot to exert his authority over someone. After that motorcycle left, the whole situation looked like a cliche. Young kid, new sports car, dented guardrail... so I suppose I was the perfect target, you know?
As far as parts of his bike, there was nothing, not a trace, save for a tiny 2 ft strip of rubber from when he took off from the scene.
Old 11/30/04, 12:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry about the car man, but it would have been a lot worse if you ran over him. That figures about the cyclist. They are "tough" when it comes to street tricks, but they flee at the first sign of trouble.
Old 11/30/04, 12:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, from the look of him, he was one of those ricers. He was riding a "pimped out" Yamaha and was wearing pumas and addidas pants. I was staring at them for a good thirty seconds before the light turned green.
Old 11/30/04, 12:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally posted by Giddyup+November 29, 2004, 11:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Giddyup @ November 29, 2004, 11:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BamBam@November 29, 2004, 9:44 PM
I know we all wish that in jest when it comes to unnecessary damage to our beloved Mustangs but: (1) when you hit anything from behind, including people.....you are at fault. [/b][/quote]
Not always true. I was in traffic on a freeway, I-45, comin' from the airport after dropping of the parents.

I was rammed from behind after we had all stopped. The kid in back of me wanted out of the lane and into the next one, but didn't count on all of us stopping. I had my brakes on and I was SHOVED into the car in front of me.

Kid's fault all the way. Cops said so too. Good for them. Poor kid...
Old 11/30/04, 06:04 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude this isn't even my car and it gets me depressed (maybe bit more than just ' 05 GT sympathy pains' cause I have a BLACK GT on order myself).

This situation just majorly stinks - hope it works out alright and your Pony is good as new!

[and personally, most people I see on bikes down here in South Florida are reckless iodiots anyway - so I am not suprised - just sad he had to get in the way of a Pnoy driver!]
Old 11/30/04, 06:52 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just be happy that you didn't blow the airbags, that would have added another couple of grand to the repair bill.
Old 11/30/04, 06:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@November 29, 2004, 11:33 PM
A motorcyclist pulled a wheelie in front of me coming off a red light, but he pulled up too high and fell right off the back of his bike, about 15 ft in front of my bumper. I couldn't swerve into the other lane to avoid him because of oncoming traffic, so instead of running the imbecile over, I rammed a guardrail between 15 - 20 MPH. The guy on the motorcycle was up and off like a speeding bullet before I even got out of the car. Then some idiot called the police. Luckily, they didn't witness anything, so they couldn't give me a ticket. One of the younger ones really wanted to. The older cop was much nicer about it.
Oh by the way, a FYI - whenever you have a collision in the '05 Stang, it trips a fuel cutoff switch located in the driver's side footwell. You have to switch it off to get the car going again.
i wouldve said screw it

run em over lol and be like "thats what you get reject"

i love these people that ride theyre rice rockets around LI/NYC at like o...90 mph weaving through rush hour traffic...all it takes is one lane changer..one rock..anything and ur dead
Old 11/30/04, 07:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Old 11/30/04, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

rear ending people yes.. running a rice rocket reject for driving EXTREMELY dangerously by doing "stunts" in traffic.. not your fault

Quick Reply: Dropped My Mustang Off At The Body Shop Today