2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Driving my NEW GT home from FL to NY

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/05, 02:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mas35NYR@August 5, 2005, 12:49 PM
Ok a little help on this one please. I searched but obviously didn't come up with what you mean. Anybody?
Here's a link to the discussion about queaking brakes . . .

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....274&hl=bedding

Here's a link to bed-in theory . . .

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/bedintheory.htm
Old 8/5/05, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by gjmwhite05@August 5, 2005, 2:06 PM
what dealer did you buy your car from i'm thinking of doing the same since i can't get a car in ct.
You should call Carlos at Yeoman's ford in Daytona Beach, FL.

Carlos Medina, (386) 274-6700 ext 1585
cmedina@garyyeomansford.com

He's been helping a lot of us over at another forum get our cars quickly at MSRP. Hoenst and reliable. Apparently Yeoman's has a lot of allocations -- I ordered an 05, waited and it never came. Then I re-orded as an 06 with Calros at the end of June, it got serialized in two weeks, and now it is expected to arrive on August 29th.

Carlos Medina, (386) 274-6700 ext 1585
cmedina@garyyeomansford.com

Forum is "Tracking your Car and Build Dates/Shiping" http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/show...&page=214&pp=15
Old 8/5/05, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brooklyn represent!

Drive it like you stole it.

You may want to think about having the oil changed after 500 miles or so, too, as break-in reputedly can deposit tiny bits of metal shards in your oil relatively quickly. I know when I first changed my oil (at ~1,000 miles), the oil was black.

Where in Brooklyn are you? There's another guy from Brooklyn on here (WERKED66) who has a Sonic Blue. He's told me that there is an informal car show every Friday night down by the Best Buy on Bay Parkway. I've been trying to get out there, but work has been killing me. Anyway, maybe we can all meet up and get a photo for the boards.

Good luck on your drive!
Old 8/5/05, 02:35 PM
GT Member

Don't follow trucks if you value your front end paint job and windshield
Old 8/5/05, 02:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by ILikeBond@August 5, 2005, 2:31 PM
Brooklyn represent!

Drive it like you stole it.

You may want to think about having the oil changed after 500 miles or so, too, as break-in reputedly can deposit tiny bits of metal shards in your oil relatively quickly. I know when I first changed my oil (at ~1,000 miles), the oil was black.

Where in Brooklyn are you? There's another guy from Brooklyn on here (WERKED66) who has a Sonic Blue. He's told me that there is an informal car show every Friday night down by the Best Buy on Bay Parkway. I've been trying to get out there, but work has been killing me. Anyway, maybe we can all meet up and get a photo for the boards.

Good luck on your drive!
Hey Jack! I'm right down the block from Best Buy in Bensonhurst. I will definitely have to go check out the show when I get back. As for the oil, I'm seeing that quite a few people are suggesting the 500 mile oil change. Looks like I just might have to do that. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 8/5/05, 02:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by chrisma@August 5, 2005, 2:38 PM
Don't follow trucks if you value your front end paint job and windshield
Solid advice plus Shea's avatar is all the reminder I need.
Old 8/5/05, 03:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Honk when you come through Virginia and I'll wave at ya!

Ya lucky dawg!
Old 8/6/05, 05:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Donna+August 5, 2005, 11:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donna @ August 5, 2005, 11:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You could stop in SC and buy my lunch.
[/b]

Originally posted by skitch@August 5, 2005, 12:44 PM
That should put you in VA for dinner. I'm always up for food

<!--QuoteBegin-Paris MkVI
@August 5, 2005, 3:13 PM
Honk when you come through Virginia and I'll wave at ya!

Ya lucky dawg!
[/quote]

Ok so it's oil change about 500 miles, Breakfast with Donna(Donna) in SC and dinner with Steve(Skitch) & honking at John(Paris MkVI) in Virginia. Cool! lol
I can't wait to get on the road and start this trip...patience patence patience :bang:
Old 8/6/05, 09:21 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
crud - doublepost!
Old 8/6/05, 09:22 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by Mas35NYR@August 6, 2005, 5:13 AM
Ok so it's oil change about 500 miles, Breakfast with Donna(Donna) in SC and dinner with Steve(Skitch) & honking at John(Paris MkVI) in Virginia. Cool! lol
I can't wait to get on the road and start this trip...patience patence patience :bang:

Bro! When are ya leaving Deerfield????

I live in Boynton and work in Boca (where in Deerfield?? My buddy lives right by the Turnpike/Sawgrasss connection) - maybe we could cross paths before you head out??.... Get a few pics of the ponies together???

BTW - congrats on your new ride!!!
Old 8/6/05, 09:37 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dave, we still on in Oct? I'm looking forward to taking pics of my car next to that awesome hood of yours. Did I miss a thread where you told what you did or where you got it?
Old 8/6/05, 09:52 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@August 6, 2005, 9:40 AM
Dave, we still on in Oct? I'm looking forward to taking pics of my car next to that awesome hood of yours. Did I miss a thread where you told what you did or where you got it?

DEFINITELY still on for Power Festival at Moroso - without a doubt!!

You know - I just might get bored though and cruise out your way one weekend before then..... I'll let ya know!

You should see about doing Fun Ford weekend next March - my brother is after me to show and run the car! (he'll be running BULLITT of course). So that should be fun.....

The hood is the RK Sport California Dream hood - (RK Sport out of CA) - ordered during the presale ($450 versus $650 retail) and had a local place finish paint and mount. Can;t say I jumped with joy about the service with the place I picked but in the end,, after jumping through a few hoops, it is done, cool, and does the job.

Actually does the job TOO well - at around 80 or over in HIGH WIND, the air it channels to the vent over the CAI filter makes the left corner/seem of the hood JUMP. So I also will be doing the hood pin thing. (even though I wanted to avoid it). But it was posted rock solid at 110 after the pins so that's what I need
Old 8/6/05, 01:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by incorrigible@August 5, 2005, 10:52 AM
Rent a UHaul pickup and a full trailer and spare your Car from the abuse that can come from a long distance drive.
Do you mean physical or mechanical abuse? A trip of 1500 easy interstate miles is a lot easier on a car than 1500 city commuting miles.

I thought of something. For breaking in your engine, most recommend varying the load on the engine for the first 1,000 miles. So, maybe to break up doing a constant 70-75 on the interstate, take some detours every once in a while like others have suggested, for the whole trip. Find roads that somewhat easily join back up with the interstate a decent distance north, so you can just hop back on.

Have a fun and safe trip!!!
Old 8/6/05, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Mas35NYR@August 5, 2005, 4:39 PM
Hey Jack! I'm right down the block from Best Buy in Bensonhurst. I will definitely have to go check out the show when I get back. As for the oil, I'm seeing that quite a few people are suggesting the 500 mile oil change. Looks like I just might have to do that. Thanks for the heads up!
oh and another thing dont go to popular ford they are the worst...
Old 8/7/05, 07:15 PM
GT Member

Try the auto train from Orlando to Lorton, VA..cut youtr miles in half
Old 8/7/05, 07:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by hunter@August 7, 2005, 8:18 PM
Try the auto train from Orlando to Lorton, VA..cut youtr miles in half

what the heck? I mean I can imagine what it is just by the name, but seriously?
Old 8/7/05, 08:37 PM
GT Member

Hid guys, Steve and I just stop for the night. The Sky Line Drive was good. Only 5 mins. of rain. Not too hot, Perfect for the Vert to have the top down. We only passed one other 05, it was a red fire six. We waved to them as we passed. Thought maybe it could be one of you. Any way, not a single 05GT Vert down here. Had a few people talk to us about the car. Steve went into a Burger King and they wanted to talk his head off. They hadn't even seen an 05 and asked Ha Ha, "What year is it?" Where in the heck have they been. Any way we are in Waynesboro Va. Not much going on here. Will let you all know more later. If you see us wave
Old 8/7/05, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ALLMINE65@August 7, 2005, 7:40 PM
Hid guys, Steve and I just stop for the night. The Sky Line Drive was good. Only 5 mins. of rain. Not too hot, Perfect for the Vert to have the top down. We only passed one other 05, it was a red fire six. We waved to them as we passed. Thought maybe it could be one of you. Any way, not a single 05GT Vert down here. Had a few people talk to us about the car. Steve went into a Burger King and they wanted to talk his head off. They hadn't even seen an 05 and asked Ha Ha, "What year is it?" Where in the heck have they been. Any way we are in Waynesboro Va. Not much going on here. Will let you all know more later. If you see us wave
Too cool, a "from the road" report!!!!!!!
Old 8/8/05, 08:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Burke0011@August 6, 2005, 9:25 AM
Bro! When are ya leaving Deerfield????

I live in Boynton and work in Boca (where in Deerfield?? My buddy lives right by the Turnpike/Sawgrasss connection) - maybe we could cross paths before you head out??.... Get a few pics of the ponies together???

BTW - congrats on your new ride!!!
Depending on how my interview goes with Margate PD now, I was planning on leaving Deerfield about midnight Friday/Saturday to be back in NY by noon Sunday. My friend lives in Deerfield Beach up the road from your friend and her parents live in Boyton too, small world. So we can definitely cross paths while I'm there and get some shots together. & THANKS!
Old 8/8/05, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Stoenr@August 7, 2005, 10:00 PM
what the heck? I mean I can imagine what it is just by the name, but seriously?
Seriously. Check it out on Amtrak.com. It's set up so people can take their own cars to Fl and enjoy the theme parks ! You leave in the afternoon and you get into the DC area the next morning. Cost is less than $300 for your car and you.

Quick Reply: Driving my NEW GT home from FL to NY