2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Driver's Seat Replacement. And Trim ID?

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/22, 01:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Driver's Seat Replacement. And Trim ID?

My driver's seat bolts has worn a nice hole in it and I'm looking to replace either the cover or the seat. I have cloth seats with the small ponies on it.

At Car-parts.com, it's mentioning the "1st digit of trim ID" is 5, J, K, or P. Where do I find the trim ID on my car?

Any other idea for replacing the seat and/or cover? I don't want one of those drape over covers, as I've never seen one that doesn't look like a maternity dress over a barrel.
Old 5/20/22, 02:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
The info you seek is inside the driver's door... brain's not remembering if it's on the door or the sill, but there anyway.

As far as what else to do... well, you can certainly try fleaBae, I found a lot of stuff there for my car and my motorcycle, and have had good luck with that. Of course I'm more talking about other avenues for OEM fitment covers, maybe you wanna change the color or go to OEM leather... Or even try your hand at making 2014 seat covers work on your car. The rears are the real issue with their backrests though, but hey, you can also just, y'know, get the uprights and the package tray and make it work.

You can also look into getting Katskins if you want leather and maybe a different look. Also, I'm sure there's plenty of upholstery shops around (if you can get fitted into one for time), and then you can go stupid with designs, such as in your case nice black leather bolsters, vinyl back and sides, and then the inserts you'd get 80s wild pattern velour or tweed or something, mostly red with some maybe gold or black... no, BOTH... pattern of silly niftiness, or maybe just red crushed velvet or alcantara (nee suede) red that matches your exterior. If you did that, you'd just take the stuff over there and let them do it, then come back and retrieve them later.

Or, of course, you can get a sewing machine, some quick lessons, and then go, make your own. This lets you do the above, wildness if you want, but then you'd have control and go *really* stupid, like camo black and red and white swatches all sewn together, none of that 'print' stuff... Man if you did that, shoo buddy, c'mon golly. Tell you, that'd be *fire*! Um... and probably take too long, but still, man, do it.

All kinds of ways to skin those seats. I believe in you! But in any event, hope that helps!

/You did say 'ideas', well... yeah, that.

Last edited by houtex; 5/20/22 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12/26/23, 02:27 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
For Current Viewers.

Factory Style Seat Covers

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...uction-549351/

Example of Door Certification Sticker

Lower Left Corner

INT TR = Interior Trim

MW

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/26/23 at 02:34 PM.