2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Driven My Spouse Insane

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/04, 03:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All,

I just wondered if any of you find yourself including 05' Mustang "talk" in nearly every conversation you have, particuarily with your spouse? Although my wife is supportive, she is really tired of hearing me talk, show pics from this website, etc. She 's not a car fanatic by any stretch of the imagination.

I've also gotten such a run-around at my dealer that I don't bother calling there anymore. I can only rely on this board. I ordered on 09/26, with an assurance that in a few days, I would have a build date. I've heard every excuse you can imagine (IUP,Rail,Computer,Middleman, etc), including an "emissions" hold. That excuse was yesterday's.

So, this is my source for info. and I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm!
Old 10/14/04, 04:24 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm driving my friends insane with it, and I'm not even close to getting one!

Does that make me a wannabe fanboy or what?
Old 10/14/04, 05:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

I actually have to make myself NOT talk about it unless someone brings it up.

My wife understands that since we only get to talk a couple times a week while I'm here, via telephone, that I'm going to talk about it at some point in the conversation. I just try to save it til the end after all the important issues, kids, work, etc.

Just 7 weeks left til I get home..............
Old 10/14/04, 05:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally posted by afcop13@October 14, 2004, 7:12 AM
Same here. Everyone at work knows anyway from previous conversations, the Black GT wallpaper.

Most people ask me why it is such a big deal, since I am not driving a Mustang. That's when I explain to them it is the first time in my life since 1976 that I have NOT driven one.

Which is another reason I am so looking forawrd to this one. An end to pony withdrawal. . .
Old 10/14/04, 05:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

The talk drives my wife up the wall. We aren't even getting ours delivered until the end of Jan/first of Feb. i think she thought that the talk would go away once we ordered, and is beginning to realize it won't. She's a trooper though and humors me.

Jason
Old 10/14/04, 06:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by afcop13@October 14, 2004, 5:12 AM
Me too. I could see my wife getting more upset everytime I bring it up. So I hold back until someone says something.

Then it is like an explosion and I talk for a while. If my wife wants to ask a question about it, she starts with:

"I don't want to talk about it for hours, but..."
Old 10/14/04, 06:41 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I find myself about to talk about the car with my wife and then have to mentally shut myself up!

It also annoys her that I am using the internet about 5 times more than I used to!
Old 10/14/04, 07:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

See, I've gone through phases with this.

First phase: Tell everyone. Drive wife crazy. (until I placed my order)
Second phase: Place order. Tell people I ordered it.
Third phase: Stop talking about it, to keep excitement (and restlessness) down.
Fourth phase: Have everyone from second phase ask me when it's coming in. Get tired of saying
Fifth phase: Job 1 comes and goes. Stop talking about it, except for with people again from phase 2, but wait nervously.
Sixth phase: Get this close, and still be saying "It'll be here any day now!"

I can't wait for the car to come...and I'll be glad to say "Well, let's go take a spin...:drive:" instead of "any day now..."
Old 10/14/04, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I get asked by family members, friends, or coworkers at least once a day "do you have you car yet" or "when are you getting your car" OMG, I shouldn't have told anyone that I was getting one...its now a constant reminder that its made, but still not here yet
Old 10/14/04, 07:25 AM

I think my fiancee is used to me driving him insane with my car talk. His answer is always "get whatever you want as long as I get to drive it once"
Old 10/14/04, 07:44 AM
FR500 Member

My wife has been VERY cool about it. She'll see me looking at pictures and come join me and Oooh and Ahhhh right alongside.

I have yet to hear "Will you stop talking about that @#$%$#! car already".
Old 10/14/04, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@October 14, 2004, 6:44 AM
I find myself about to talk about the car with my wife and then have to mentally shut myself up!

It also annoys her that I am using the internet about 5 times more than I used to!
Muzzy, tell her how cool "SHE" will look going down the road in it. brag the car up, but don't push it. Just mention it breifly like "EVERY DAY"
Old 10/14/04, 08:06 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its just driving me insane that I can't order mine yet.
Old 10/14/04, 08:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Ponyman@October 14, 2004, 3:52 AM
Hey All,

I just wondered if any of you find yourself including 05' Mustang "talk" in nearly every conversation you have, particuarily with your spouse? Although my wife is supportive, she is really tired of hearing me talk, show pics from this website, etc. She 's not a car fanatic by any stretch of the imagination.

I've also gotten such a run-around at my dealer that I don't bother calling there anymore. I can only rely on this board. I ordered on 09/26, with an assurance that in a few days, I would have a build date. I've heard every excuse you can imagine (IUP,Rail,Computer,Middleman, etc), including an "emissions" hold. That excuse was yesterday's.

So, this is my source for info. and I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm!
my girlfriend says the same thing to me "your obsessed with the darn mustang" ..which is fine since i switched her from Japanese econo-boxes from her 92 stanza to a 98 mustang and soon a 2005 GT convertible
Old 10/14/04, 08:27 AM
GT Member

Chatting on this forum keeps me from driving people too crazy! My husband shakes his head or something occasionally,but he is dreaming about a Harley right now,so he understands!!
Old 10/14/04, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

This is my first port, so be kind.

There are 4 of us at work that are obsessed, and we all sit in the same area. There's usually a 20 minute conversation about the latest information every morning; like a status report!

The rest of the team is getting tired about hearing '05 this, and '05 that. When we finally get to see one, half of the office will be on a field trip!

My wife understands, because we already have a '66 coupe which she loves and actually encouraged me to purchase. She really likes the '05 too, and so she enjoys seeing the pictures.

I do think she's getting worried though, because I'm dreaming about '05s now, literally!

joe
Old 10/14/04, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JoeInAZ@October 14, 2004, 8:37 AM
This is my first port, so be kind.

There are 4 of us at work that are obsessed, and we all sit in the same area. There's usually a 20 minute conversation about the latest information every morning; like a status report!

The rest of the team is getting tired about hearing '05 this, and '05 that. When we finally get to see one, half of the office will be on a field trip!

My wife understands, because we already have a '66 coupe which she loves and actually encouraged me to purchase. She really likes the '05 too, and so she enjoys seeing the pictures.

I do think she's getting worried though, because I'm dreaming about '05s now, literally!

joe
Welcome Joe! Hold your head high and hang on to those dreams!
Old 10/14/04, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by steve19970@October 14, 2004, 7:03 AM
See, I've gone through phases with this.

First phase: Tell everyone. Drive wife crazy. (until I placed my order)
Second phase: Place order. Tell people I ordered it.
Third phase: Stop talking about it, to keep excitement (and restlessness) down.
Fourth phase: Have everyone from second phase ask me when it's coming in. Get tired of saying
Fifth phase: Job 1 comes and goes. Stop talking about it, except for with people again from phase 2, but wait nervously.
Sixth phase: Get this close, and still be saying "It'll be here any day now!"

I can't wait for the car to come...and I'll be glad to say "Well, let's go take a spin...:drive:" instead of "any day now..."
These are my exact phases as well. I just hit six. I am afraid I am not going to believe the dealer when he calls me and actually tells me it is here.
Old 10/14/04, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Last night laying in bed together with my wife she asked if at least during pillow talk we could discuss another topic!
Old 10/14/04, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm driving my husband totally insane, along with my co-workers and the rest of the family. I'm now losing sleep. My car is due to arrive any day. If it doesn't come in before Saturday I think I'm going to go insane.

Where or where is my '05 GT?

Quick Reply: Driven My Spouse Insane