2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dreams/Nightmares/Going Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/04, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every single night for the past week and a half, I've had a nightmare about getting my Mustang. My first dream was that the paint was peeling off the day after I recieved it. The other was that my Torch Red was more of a faded pinkish color. I've had dreams that I've drove it and it had trouble getting up to speed cause it was so slow. Or that my Shaker 1000 system's speakers sounded really crappy. I had dreams where I went to pick it up from the lot and it snowed 4 ft. Or that my dealer lost my order and never sent it in...and the next day it feels like it really happened.

I've had good dreams too, like racing it around and waxing it...etc. Then I go out to my garage and it's not there cause....AH it was just a dream! And AHH! I woke up.

Also, I work at a bank and I've caught myself telling customers I can't cash their check because the checks that they have are stale dated (6 months old or older) and this year is 2005 not 2004. And I am so serious. I actually catch myself doing this.

Are you guys slowly going crazy too? I'm sure we all need a good laugh...
Old 9/30/04, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kellarina@September 30, 2004, 11:04 AM
Every single night for the past week and a half, I've had a nightmare about getting my Mustang. My first dream was that the paint was peeling off the day after I recieved it. The other was that my Torch Red was more of a faded pinkish color. I've had dreams that I've drove it and it had trouble getting up to speed cause it was so slow. Or that my Shaker 1000 system's speakers sounded really crappy. I had dreams where I went to pick it up from the lot and it snowed 4 ft. Or that my dealer lost my order and never sent it in...and the next day it feels like it really happened.

I've had good dreams too, like racing it around and waxing it...etc. Then I go out to my garage and it's not there cause....AH it was just a dream! And AHH! I woke up.

Also, I work at a bank and I've caught myself telling customers I can't cash their check because the checks that they have are stale dated (6 months old or older) and this year is 2005 not 2004. And I am so serious. I actually catch myself doing this.

Are you guys slowly going crazy too? I'm sure we all need a good laugh...
Yeap I've gone over the edge too.
Old 9/30/04, 11:26 AM
GT Member

I had a dream a while back that I bought the car, drove it home, and the next morning came out to find that it had been stripped to the frame.

:bang:
Old 9/30/04, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Had a dream that I waxed my 05 Redfire and it screwed up the paint job and it came out a dull maroonish-soft purple color.

Had another that I got pulled over about 100 yards away from the dealer for burning out in the parking lot.

Last night was the open country road at 110 dream.......

Can't wait to get to sleep again - as long as it isn't a nightmare!!!!
Old 9/30/04, 11:48 AM
GT Member

Everytime I get in my current car, I start talking to myself about "how I would take that guy off the line" or "you wait buddy, you'll get yours in a few weeks".

The dreams are about the same. I dream I'm cruising the highway, listening to my 1000, not a care in the world. I haven't had the dream where it was gone from my garage or anything like that. Just nice dreams.

I do find myself starting to recognize different Mustangs, which I never had previously. I noticed a 1971 just the other day, and I also point out Mustangs to people who ride with me.

I'm even noticing 'mules' now too. I saw one the other night on my way home from a ballgame, about the size of a Honda Pilot, totally canvassed with Michigan Manufacturer's plates. I never even would have thought about it before.

So, I'm going bonkers too. :bang:
Old 9/30/04, 12:21 PM
V6 Member

Heh, the worst was when i had a dream that i got home for christmas and my parents said they were able to buy an 05 mustang for $3000 and that they got it for me. Obviously waking up stinked.
Old 9/30/04, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

my nightmare is about getting into an accident whether minor or major.
Old 9/30/04, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Sound like it's time to join us in the support group.

05 Mustang support group
Old 9/30/04, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I hope this next month goes by fast. Let's all go into comas.
Old 9/30/04, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kellarina@September 30, 2004, 11:04 AM
my Torch Red was more of a faded pinkish color.
Incase that is a real concern, it is not, I have seen it MANY times personally. It is a great color, and truthfully, I don't know why people are ordering redfire over Torch. Maybe I am out of the loop, or the flash makes the Redfire look brighter than it really is, and makes the Torch look orangey.
Old 9/30/04, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I think Torch Red is more of a "here I come" color, it grabs everyone's attention. Although everyone has red cars I plan on getting black Shelby-like stripes painted on and someday down the line a supercharger. I already have the fender emblems...along with my lisense plate frame for the rear.

I'll let you all know what I dream of tonight. But I want a good one this time.
Old 9/30/04, 06:31 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Badandy@September 30, 2004, 5:12 PM
[Torch Red] is a great color, and truthfully, I don't know why people are ordering redfire over Torch. Maybe I am out of the loop, or the flash makes the Redfire look brighter than it really is, and makes the Torch look orangey.
Or maybe some people don't want a bright red, and like the fact that Redfire is a darker red.
Old 9/30/04, 07:12 PM
GT Member

I've had three nights where I was tossing and turning all night long about this car-reminds me of that video from the 80's from Bruce Springsteen I'm on Fire. The car better get here soon. I'm officially joining the support group. :bang:
Old 9/30/04, 09:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ConvertibleJoe+September 30, 2004, 6:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ConvertibleJoe @ September 30, 2004, 6:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@September 30, 2004, 5:12 PM
[Torch Red] is a great color, and truthfully, I don't know why people are ordering redfire over Torch. Maybe I am out of the loop, or the flash makes the Redfire look brighter than it really is, and makes the Torch look orangey.
Or maybe some people don't want a bright red, and like the fact that Redfire is a darker red. [/b][/quote]
Excellent point. Let me explain, I omitted this in my original post, and now looking back on it, I would have the same question/comment you are giving me.

I meant to say I don't know why people are ordering Redfire or Torch when they say that REDFIRE pops out more. I am not saying Redfire is a bad color, it isn't, but it doesn't pop out as much. Whether that is what you're looking for, I cannot say, but I am merely suggesting that people need to see these colors in person.
Old 9/30/04, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I am going insane waiting for my GT to arrive...dreams of the sound of the engine approaching redline...sleepless nights...and oh the torque!

I did see a depressing sight during rush hour this morning - late model GT vs. late model Grand Am - head on. The drivers were ok, but both cars totaled. RIP Mineral Grey GT.

Just give me my already! Show me pics of loaded trains and trucks heading out of the plant!
Old 9/30/04, 09:19 PM
FR500 Member

a week and a half?? kellarina its been keeping me up for months.....i have dreams of me driving it its crazy
Old 9/30/04, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

I had a dream a few nights ago, and the 05 was my ride, but it wasn't the main focus of the dream...

I find myself doodling little 05s in my notes and checking out trucks for Mustangs (tons drive by my office everyday)

People I don't even know are asking me about when I'll get the car...its taken over my life ... "Here comes that Mustang guy..."
Old 9/30/04, 10:45 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Badandy@September 30, 2004, 9:13 PM
I meant to say I don't know why people are ordering Redfire or Torch when they say that REDFIRE pops out more. I am not saying Redfire is a bad color, it isn't, but it doesn't pop out as much.
I agree that Redfire is not as "in your face" as Torch Red.

Some people may be saying that the highlights pop out better with Redfire. I think that's true. The curves reflect better because it's metallic, and the reflections stand out better against the dark Redfire than the other, lighter metallic colors.

Whether that is what you're looking for, I cannot say
Well, I was looking for a dark red before I even knew what colors the '05 came in. Redfire is right up my alley: a dark red, leaning toward burgundy, but not too much purple. Sweet.
Old 9/30/04, 11:31 PM

Nightmares, I have bad enough headaches checking this forum almost every hour to see what new stuff is posted. I think that without this forum, id probably be really calm, but seeing everyone get all rallied up just sux!.
Old 10/1/04, 12:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

They have pills for this don't they?

Quick Reply: Dreams/Nightmares/Going Crazy