2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DORA/VOC

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/05, 09:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered 03/05/05, can anyone tell when I can expect to get the DORA or the VOC ?
Old 3/8/05, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
You should get the VOC immediately. It is your confirmation of an order. The day I ordered mine the dealer gave me a copy of the VOC before I left the dealership. The DORA may come later. But I won't have left the dealership without a VOC.
Old 3/8/05, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

Dora comes to the dealership the day after they place the order.
Old 3/8/05, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Scarpi@March 8, 2005, 10:43 AM
You should get the VOC immediately. It is your confirmation of an order. The day I ordered mine the dealer gave me a copy of the VOC before I left the dealership. The DORA may come later. But I won't have left the dealership without a VOC.
I placed the order on Saturday and the sales rep. said the guys who places the orders was not in on Saturday. The sales rep just hand wrote my order on a blank scratch paper and told me the order would be placed monday.
Old 3/8/05, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Trigger641/2+March 8, 2005, 12:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trigger641/2 @ March 8, 2005, 12:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Scarpi@March 8, 2005, 10:43 AM
I placed the order on Saturday and the sales rep. said the guys who places the orders was not in on Saturday. The sales rep just hand wrote my order on a blank scratch paper and told me the order would be placed monday.
[/b][/quote]

If thats the case, they should be able to send both the VOC and the DORA to you today.
Old 3/8/05, 11:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Karpro+March 8, 2005, 12:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ March 8, 2005, 12:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Trigger641/2@March 8, 2005, 12:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Scarpi
@March 8, 2005, 10:43 AM

If thats the case, they should be able to send both the VOC and the DORA to you today.
[/b][/quote]

Just for the record: DORA stands for Dealer Order Release Authorization and
VOC stands for Vehicle Order Confirmation is this correct ?

The sales rep does not understand what I'm talking about when I say DORA or VOC.
Deer in headlights :scratch:
Old 3/8/05, 02:33 PM
V6 Member

Anybody?
Old 3/8/05, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

DORA = dealer order reciept acknowledgement

VOC = vehicle order confirmation
Old 3/9/05, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by Karpro@March 8, 2005, 6:23 PM

I went to the dealer and ordered my GT Convertible Premium on Saturday, March 5th. I figured they'd send in the order Monday, March 7th. It's Wednesday, March 9th and have not heard anything, so I e-mailed the salesman asking him when I can expect to receive my VOC and DORA. Shouldn't he already be able to provide this to me, with the thinking that he placed my order Monday (March 7th) morning? I have one concern, and it's that I ordered on X-Plan. My concern here is that, since dealers have been marking up coupes $1-3k, they would mark up the convertibles $1-5k. If they have to give it to me on X-Plan, I am concerned they would hold my order and not place it, placing orders for people who have no plan so they could make the MSRP plus the $1-5k. Should I have concern over this? What can I do?
Old 3/9/05, 08:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by MIkeT77+March 9, 2005, 9:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MIkeT77 @ March 9, 2005, 9:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Karpro@March 8, 2005, 6:23 PM

I went to the dealer and ordered my GT Convertible Premium on Saturday, March 5th. I figured they'd send in the order Monday, March 7th. It's Wednesday, March 9th and have not heard anything, so I e-mailed the salesman asking him when I can expect to receive my VOC and DORA. Shouldn't he already be able to provide this to me, with the thinking that he placed my order Monday (March 7th) morning? I have one concern, and it's that I ordered on X-Plan. My concern here is that, since dealers have been marking up coupes $1-3k, they would mark up the convertibles $1-5k. If they have to give it to me on X-Plan, I am concerned they would hold my order and not place it, placing orders for people who have no plan so they could make the MSRP plus the $1-5k. Should I have concern over this? What can I do?
[/b][/quote]

Exactly my concern. I ordered 03/05/05, X-Plan, no deposit. Dealer has provided no documentaion (DORA,VOC) on the order. Called Tuesday afternoon and was told " Basically your order is floating out in space waiting for Ford to pick it up" but they will provide no proof that the order was ever placed. :bang: :scratch:
Old 3/9/05, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

The DORA is your confirmation that your order is in the system and at the agreed upon pricing. You are both right to be concerned. It doesn't matter if you have been working with the same dealer for 20 years, until you see the DORA, don't believe it. Never heard of an order being "out in space". They either submitted it or they didn't. Good luck with your cars!
Old 3/9/05, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by Hellcat6@March 9, 2005, 12:28 PM
The DORA is your confirmation that your order is in the system and at the agreed upon pricing. You are both right to be concerned. It doesn't matter if you have been working with the same dealer for 20 years, until you see the DORA, don't believe it. Never heard of an order being "out in space". They either submitted it or they didn't. Good luck with your cars!
I e-mailed the salesman before 10am and it's 12:18pm and I've yet to hear back. I also put down a $500 deposit on the car. He BETTER get back to me or I'll call the dealership manager, who happens to be a friend of my sister....
Old 3/9/05, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I ordered mu GT 2/16/05 and got the VOC immediately. But I can't seem to get the DORA from the dealer. Is there a good reason for this or is there something fishy about it? My VOC states priority 10 and I called the robot lady and as of a few days ago my order was clean/unscheduled and not serialized. Can someone out there give me a good reason why the dealer can't give me my DORA?

LOVE THIS FORUM....THANKS!
Old 3/9/05, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by Scarpi@March 9, 2005, 1:51 PM
I ordered mu GT 2/16/05 and got the VOC immediately. But I can't seem to get the DORA from the dealer. Is there a good reason for this or is there something fishy about it? My VOC states priority 10 and I called the robot lady and as of a few days ago my order was clean/unscheduled and not serialized. Can someone out there give me a good reason why the dealer can't give me my DORA?

I sent this e-mail at 10:01 am:

Tom,

I just wanted to confirm that you have added the convertible top boot and
the active anti-theft package to my order.

Also, I wanted to ask if you have received a VOC and a DORA for me. Thanks.

Regards,

Michael

This was the reply I got

Michael,

I did requested the additions this morning.

Sincerely,
Tom

Well, besides me adding those 2 things Monday morning (I ordered at the dealer Saturday) and not having them changed to today, he totally ignored my question about the VOC and DORA. The dealership is right across the street from my gym. He's working 9-9 today. Will the changes I make affect the VOC and DORA? Should I pay him a visit (when I go to the gym after work today) or wait until Friday/Saturday? If, by Friday/Saturday, he doesn't have a VOC & DORA for me, I'm going to be visiting him EVERY day until I get it. Convenient for me, since the gym is right across the street and I go Monday through Saturday, but annoying for him to deal with, but maybe that will light a fire under his azz. There was no reason for him to skirt my question, unless he hasn't submitted the order yet. It would have been simple to say either I have it, it's changing based on the changes you made or I don't have it but should have it in X number of days.

For the VOC & DORA....are they original documents, or copies of what the dealership receives? Are they obligated to give it to you or do you have to ask? Can they refuse to give it to you? Thanks for your help guys, this is very informative, and it's helping me avoid mistakes I made when I bought my 2002 GT Convertible. My sister got me D-plan, and I ordered that one March 9, 2002 and didn't get it until May 25, 2002.
Old 3/9/05, 01:39 PM
V6 Member

Called and left messages this morning with both sales rep. and Fleet Manager, in regards to getting a copy of DORA or VOC faxed to me, neither has returned my call. Next step Sales Manager
Old 3/9/05, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by MIkeT77+March 9, 2005, 3:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MIkeT77 @ March 9, 2005, 3:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Scarpi@March 9, 2005, 1:51 PM

I sent this e-mail at 10:01 am:

Tom,

I just wanted to confirm that you have added the convertible top boot and
the active anti-theft package to my order.

Also, I wanted to ask if you have received a VOC and a DORA for me. Thanks.

Regards,

Michael

This was the reply I got

Michael,

I did requested the additions this morning.

Sincerely,
Tom

Well, besides me adding those 2 things Monday morning (I ordered at the dealer Saturday) and not having them changed to today, he totally ignored my question about the VOC and DORA. The dealership is right across the street from my gym. He's working 9-9 today. Will the changes I make affect the VOC and DORA? Should I pay him a visit (when I go to the gym after work today) or wait until Friday/Saturday? If, by Friday/Saturday, he doesn't have a VOC & DORA for me, I'm going to be visiting him EVERY day until I get it. Convenient for me, since the gym is right across the street and I go Monday through Saturday, but annoying for him to deal with, but maybe that will light a fire under his azz. There was no reason for him to skirt my question, unless he hasn't submitted the order yet. It would have been simple to say either I have it, it's changing based on the changes you made or I don't have it but should have it in X number of days.

For the VOC & DORA....are they original documents, or copies of what the dealership receives? Are they obligated to give it to you or do you have to ask? Can they refuse to give it to you? Thanks for your help guys, this is very informative, and it's helping me avoid mistakes I made when I bought my 2002 GT Convertible. My sister got me D-plan, and I ordered that one March 9, 2002 and didn't get it until May 25, 2002.
[/b][/quote]

anyone?
Old 3/11/05, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

After trying to contact sales rep and fleet manager all week with no success I called Ford Customer Service and let them know what was going on .
Guess what ..... I got a call from the GM of the dealership this morning.
I told him I had been trying all week to get a copy of the DORA or VOC with no cooperation from the sales rep.He said they came provide me with that info when Ford pulls the order and that I should have used less specific terms than DORA or VOC with the sales rep ( ARE YOU KIDDING ME )that is why the sales rep did not know how to handle the situation .He said they did place my order from last Saturday but that they did not place the order until Wednesday because Thursday is when the order bank picks up the order so it would make no difference to do it any earlier. He said when Ford allots to build that order and pulls it, that is when I will get a copy of the order. :scratch: :bang:
Old 3/11/05, 11:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Trigger641/2@March 11, 2005, 12:37 PM
After trying to contact sales rep and fleet manager all week with no success I called Ford Customer Service and let them know what was going on .
I told him I had been trying all week to get a copy of the DORA or VOC with no cooperation from the sales rep.He said they came provide me with that info when Ford pulls the order and that I should have used less specific terms than DORA or VOC with the sales rep ( ARE YOU KIDDING ME )that is why the sales rep did not know how to handle the situation .He said they did place my order from last Saturday but that they did not place the order until Wednesday because Thursday is when the order bank picks up the order so it would make no difference to do it any earlier. He said when Ford allots to build that order and pulls it, that is when I will get a copy of the order. :scratch: :bang:
The DORA is available the day after the order is put in the system. If it was ordered weds the DORA was available yesterday, this morning at the lataest. If you don't get the DORA until the order is scheduled, it kinda defeats the purpose of having it. If the made a mistake on the order and you don't find out until it is scheduled there is nothing you can do. Get the DORA now.
Old 3/11/05, 11:57 AM
V6 Member

I got my VOC when I ordered my vert on 3/7. The fleetmanager call today telling me that the DORA would be droped in the mailed to me. He also checked while talking on the phone and said as of right now it is unscheduled. So I guess I am OK to go. I am in the system.
Old 3/11/05, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Karpro+March 11, 2005, 12:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ March 11, 2005, 12:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Trigger641/2@March 11, 2005, 12:37 PM
The DORA is available the day after the order is put in the system. If it was ordered weds the DORA was available yesterday, this morning at the lataest. If you don't get the DORA until the order is scheduled, it kinda defeats the purpose of having it. If the made a mistake on the order and you don't find out until it is scheduled there is nothing you can do. Get the DORA now.
[/b][/quote]

Any suggestions ??