2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dora Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/05, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

i was just curious if anyone else on the bottom of their dora got a note in the info saying
to the dealer" Due to interioir upgrade package availability remove 18G AND ADD 18R to get unit scheduled"
is this an option to change to the 18R to get the stang faster? My DORA says it was processed on 1/13 even though i ordered in OCT. sorry ahead of time if this sounds stupid.
Old 1/29/05, 08:47 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't have that on mine. I ordered 11/13, and after hasseling my dealer I got my DORA 12/15. I'm still wishing you luck.
Old 1/29/05, 08:51 PM

i had to hassel to get mine as well they tell me they will call with new info whenever it happens...and me and my wife go in there last thursday and i demanded to A: change my priority and B: i want to see my dora or else i want my deposit back and i am out. Then my sales manager was like oh i have your dora here and since your X plan i guess you can see it...
Old 1/30/05, 07:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you drop the IUP in favor of the interior sport app pkg, the car probably will get pulled quicker. The bigger issue is that if they really placed your order in Oct your DORA should have been processed in Oct. The way I read that, they didn't place you order until 1/13. I could be mistaken but the 1/13 date doesn't make sense any other way.
Old 1/30/05, 07:31 AM
I lust for a M24

I ordered my car 11/13.

I called mid-December and changed to Spoiler Delete.

I got my DORA 12/15 and it says:

DORA PROCESSED: 12/13/04
ORDER RCPT DATE: 11/15/04

And it notes that my spoiler was changed to delete. So my order was placed on time (11/15) right???

Did making that change put me to the back of the line, or did I hold my spot?

Thanks.
Old 1/30/05, 07:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

05GT-O.C.D.

Yes your car was ordered on time. That should actually have been your second DORA you received. Each time a change is made to an order Ford issues an amended DORA. Your spot in line won't change as long as the priority didn't change.
Old 1/30/05, 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@January 29, 2005, 10:39 PM
i was just curious if anyone else on the bottom of their dora got a note in the info saying
to the dealer" Due to interioir upgrade package availability remove 18G AND ADD 18R to get unit scheduled"
is this an option to change to the 18R to get the stang faster? My DORA says it was processed on 1/13 even though i ordered in OCT. sorry ahead of time if this sounds stupid.
i originally placed my order january 14, on further inspection of my dealer order sheet, i noticed the IUP i requested was not on the sheet, here is the kicker, i called my dealer, pre-DORA and said Hey, I want the IUP, no substitutes, why didn't you include it? He told me he did but for some reason it was dropped from my order, so he added it again and when i got my DORA 3 days later, it had and asterisk next to the 18G package on my DORA and in the comments 18G added........be sure to make sure all of you double and triple check before build....my thoughts they are doing all they can to deliver with "substitute" package....
Old 1/30/05, 08:06 AM
FR500 Member

inVERTred theres no asterict thing next to mine.....they didnt even mention anything about the 18R. soo i ordered it the way i want and i told them no ifs ands or buts about it. thats it. im on priority 10 but its not gonna matter anyway
Old 1/30/05, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by Karpro@January 30, 2005, 8:05 AM
If you drop the IUP in favor of the interior sport app pkg, the car probably will get pulled quicker. The bigger issue is that if they really placed your order in Oct your DORA should have been processed in Oct. The way I read that, they didn't place you order until 1/13. I could be mistaken but the 1/13 date doesn't make sense any other way.
thanks Karpro for the inf mine also says
DORA processed 1/13/05
order RCPT date 10/25/04
so does it mean they put my order in on 10/25 and maybe the dora processed date is the date they changed my priority from 45 to a 10? and also the note on the bottom is just if i want to get scheduled sooner? I appreciate any info
Old 1/30/05, 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Heres mine.
I ordered on 12-28.
Old 1/30/05, 10:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mustangshadow+January 30, 2005, 10:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangshadow @ January 30, 2005, 10:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Karpro@January 30, 2005, 8:05 AM
thanks Karpro for the inf mine also says
DORA processed 1/13/05
order RCPT date 10/25/04
so does it mean they put my order in on 10/25 and maybe the dora processed date is the date they changed my priority from 45 to a 10? and also the note on the bottom is just if i want to get scheduled sooner? I appreciate any info
[/b][/quote]

That would mean they placed the order on 10/25. I didn't see mentioned that they changed you priority. Everytime a change is made, an amended DORA is generated. The note on the bottom is a suggestion to try to relieve the IUP pressures. You've waited this long, can't stop now.
Old 1/30/05, 10:31 AM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by Karpro@January 30, 2005, 12:30 PM
You've waited this long, can't stop now.
:yes:
Old 1/30/05, 10:46 AM

thanx guys ....the wait is a killer, but i couldnt imagine going through it without the info everyone shares here on this site. My dealer tells me that in February we should know something and i called Ford and they said the same. So i sure hope they are right at least i am a priority 10 now, bet if i was set that high from the get go i would have my car by now (stupid dealership)
Old 1/30/05, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I posted this in another thread and then I saw this thread and posted it again hoping for a few answers and some direction!
OK, here we go again,I ordered on 12 07 04, still C/U with no change in sight, and no info or help from the dealership or from Ford, I was told 6-8 weeks for delivery, its now 8 weeks, and nothing yet, frustration is an understatement, just got off the phone with Ford cust serv and they said they were sorry and be patient could take 10 weeks, another lie, that car does not have a remote chance of being here in 10 weeks, that is just 2 weeks away, Actually, I would just like some reliable information that I could count on, in truth i would be happy if the car was here for the end of March, after that I will really begin to get upset, and seriously consider canceling my order and go for the 06 Titanium Stang, hopefully they will have some of the bugs worked out by then.
I have a few questions:
1) When do you get a DORA and how important is this to have, all I got was a "Vehicle order confirmation" on the day I ordered and left my deposit..The dealer is playing stupid on this when I inquired about a DORA, they dont know what I am talking about.
2) Allocation vs my order...can someone explain this to me in detail, what should I be asking my dealer regarding this?
3)I left a 2000 dollar deposit ( which I think with the length of time that may be involved they should paying me the interest I am losing on this money), would this dep be refunded without a hassle, if yes, when would it become a hassle?
4) when can the 06 be ordered?
5) I did some checking around at local lots, even if they had a GT, they would not let it go at x-plan price, only if i ordered it!
6) is there a way to do a search to find out real quick if my car exists anywhere in america in a dealers inventory
7) I am a priority 10, I understand this may be a good thing, even though I dont know what I did to deserve this/ Will this come into play with the allocation question I asked above?
8) Hey Karpro, you seem to be the neiborhood Guru on this subject, whadayathink????????
Thanks Dave
Old 1/30/05, 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

ok 2toys

1. DORA should have been generated the following day. It is extremely important because it tells you exactly what was ordered and at what priority. The confirmation sheet you have only tells you what was supposed to happen not what actually happened.

2. How many unsold units of allocation do you currently have and for what weeks. Also, how many orders are ahead of you. This will give a good indication of when your order will get pulled. With the commodities issues this still isn't an exact indicator but it gives some indication of where you stand. We have a vehicle ordered for a customer (and TMS member) since Oct. He should have been scheduled weeks ago but every week we've had allocation for his order there has been no IUP availability so Ford uses the allocation to schedule someone else who didn't order IUP. The weeks they've had IUP we haven't had allocation. I believe this will resolve itself either this week or next.

3. The refund of a deposit will depend on your dealer. If you chose a good dealer it shouldn't be a problem. Heck, we don't even take deposits, if we can't trust each other we shouldn't do business together anyway.

4. You can order one now, theoretically. I'm not sure when the order banks officially open but I did post that Job#1 was early august. You'll have to search for the exact date.

6. No and yes. Through fordvehicles or forddirect you can search by zip code. This can be a tough process to do nationally but it can be done.

7. If you were actually entered as a priority 10 this should make you first in line in your dealers order bank, assuming everyone they've ordered isn't also a 10.

8. See above, hope this helped.

Paul
Old 1/30/05, 08:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Paul, I knew you would come thru...lol, I am more informed now, and that is always good...thanks again, i will be calling the dealer tomorrow, I will be assuming that he HAS a DORA on my car for sure, and will I be correct?
Old 1/30/05, 09:01 PM
FR500 Member

i have the vehicle order confirmation thats it.....i only ordered 2 weeks ago but if karpro says we shoulda had it the day after then im calling my dealer tomarrow. im gonna ask about the allocation and how many orders there r for the car. i need to get to the bottom of this before it gets messy. its not my dealers fault anyway theyve been awesome to me
Old 1/30/05, 09:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

The DORA prints the following morning with the daily status reports (second day at the latest). As a saleperson I review each one and then fax or e-mail a copy to the customer for them to review. If I made a mistake keying in the order I want it caught now, not the day the car rolls off the truck.
Old 1/30/05, 09:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question for those in the know: Should the the "Order Type" be "D" for D plan? I have a copy of my DORA and it shows "ORDER TYPE 1" and it does NOT have the A/Z/D plan pricing below the total. Do I need to call the dealer up and get them to get this order staightened out?
Old 1/30/05, 10:40 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Karpro@January 30, 2005, 6:40 PM
2. How many unsold units of allocation do you currently have and for what weeks. Also, how many orders are ahead of you. This will give a good indication of when your order will get pulled. With the commodities issues this still isn't an exact indicator but it gives some indication of where you stand. We have a vehicle ordered for a customer (and TMS member) since Oct. He should have been scheduled weeks ago but every week we've had allocation for his order there has been no IUP availability so Ford uses the allocation to schedule someone else who didn't order IUP. The weeks they've had IUP we haven't had allocation. I believe this will resolve itself either this week or next.

Paul
I sure hope so.
Like you said in another post, this is very aggrivating for those of us waiting.
My biggest gripe right now, is by the time my '05 gets here, it will only be a few months before the '06's come out and that really blows.

Jason