2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Does NE1 have a window vent that fits?

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/10 | 05:44 PM
GT Member

Does NE1 have a window vent that fits?

I really need to get some of the window vents that allow you to leave the window cracked during the day. It has been 98 the last couple of days. I can't just leave the window open without protection because we have afternoon showers everyday.

I tried these but the fit was so bad I had to take them off.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AVS-92513/

And yes, I know they look crappy, but I just need something that will fit to beat this heat.
Old 6/17/10 | 07:08 PM
I lust for a M24

Honestly, I'd buy one of these before I put those AVSs on my car. http://cgi.ebay.com/Solar-Power-Car-...item2a07ec5bcc

Get that, your windows tinted, and a dash sunshade and call it a day.

And FWIW - I know what it's like down there, I used to live in Cape Coral.
Old 6/17/10 | 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

id have to go with john on this one and get those windows tinted, get one of those dash sunshades and hope for the best. honestly, i seriously doubt that single tiny fan on that "vent" will do anything but attract people to it.........wondering what that black box is hanging on the window
Old 6/17/10 | 07:39 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by slipnotovk
id have to go with john on this one and get those windows tinted, get one of those dash sunshades and hope for the best. honestly, i seriously doubt that single tiny fan on that "vent" will do anything but attract people to it.........wondering what that black box is hanging on the window
Agreed, but I'd still try it over the vents. There's just nothing that stops Florida heat other than good shade.
Old 6/17/10 | 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.amazon.com/AUTO-TV-SOLAR-.../dp/B000GXCOD2

check out the customer reviews.......those alone should point u in the right direction hahahaha

plus you gotta remember, it will only work if the sun is facing the vent directly. so you cant park it in the shade and use it. so the only way for it to work is if you look for a parking spot that is directly under the insanely hot sun.....just seems counter productive. id be searching for that coveted shade spot. just my .02

Last edited by slipnotovk; 6/17/10 at 07:46 PM.
Old 6/17/10 | 08:40 PM
GT Member

Windows are tinted and I use a sunshade, living in FL that's the 1st & 2nd things we do. Unfortunately these don't help near enough. The solar fan looked promising until I read the reviews.

I always wondered why a car manufacturer didn't incorporate a feature to automatically close the windows when it rained.

Only thing that is going to help me is to somehow crack the windows.
Old 6/17/10 | 08:52 PM
I lust for a M24

What are you trying to accomplish? Lower temps to help preserve the interior, or more comfortable entry? Maybe a remote start (w/AC on)?
Old 6/18/10 | 01:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Partial car cover and leave the windows cracked. Make sure the cove is lockable. Love that my 05 is one of few with remote down windows.
Old 6/18/10 | 04:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
What are you trying to accomplish? Lower temps to help preserve the interior, or more comfortable entry? Maybe a remote start (w/AC on)?
Preserving interior is my primary goal, but the comfortable entry sure won't hurt. My car sits outside 24/7.

I'll keep looking, thx for the replies.
Old 6/18/10 | 11:18 PM

Just crack the windows. If someone wants to get into your car, a set of crappy plastic "guards" isn't going to stop them.
Old 6/18/10 | 11:29 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by 06GT
Just crack the windows. If someone wants to get into your car, a set of crappy plastic "guards" isn't going to stop them.

It's about the rain showers, not potential theives.
Old 6/19/10 | 10:03 AM
GT Member

Yeah, rain is my problem. I park in a secure lot and could leave my windows all the way down if it wasn't for the unpredictable showers.
Old 6/19/10 | 05:13 PM
legacy Tms Member

I leave mine just barely down- hard to even see the gap, just lower enough so the printing on the glass is even with the top of the door, it leaves a thin gap- even that is enough to make a HUGE difference in the heat, but from what Ive seen, very little rain comes in unless its blowing, then just a few drops here or there.I came back from vacation last summer and my rear tint had totally blistered- was a heatwave while we were gone, can only imagine how hot it got inside- since then Ive kept them cracked and really suprising how even a tiny amount of airflow lets the heat out- yeah its still really warm in the sun, but before it was like a oven. if the cracks small enough, the molding will prettty much keep rain out, unless its really howling out
Old 6/19/10 | 05:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Tim - Did you get a new hood for your car? Foose Stallion?
Old 6/19/10 | 08:09 PM
legacy Tms Member

Tim - Did you get a new hood for your car? Foose Stallion?
Why- did you pass by me somewhere? its a fang/aeroform, (has the 69 center spear like the foose, but its 'glass, so it weighs a ton compared to the aluminum hood) been about a year ago I think, still havent painted it yet...just finally cut out the airbox for the shaker inlet last week, sounds kinda like in the old days when youd flip the air cleaner lid over my shaker dont shake, got the blockoff plate and sealed the scoop to the hood- still blows thru the duct to the airbox, but it left even a tad more clearance than the stock hood...so think there could be room for a blower someday

Last edited by ford4v429; 6/19/10 at 08:13 PM.
Old 6/19/10 | 09:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Yeah, I was in a black Jeep yesterday pulling a landscape trailer on the corner of Portage and High Mill, about 7:30 or so. Car looks good man. That will look killer when that paint's done.
Old 6/19/10 | 09:46 PM
legacy Tms Member

Yeah, I was in a black Jeep yesterday pulling a landscape trailer on the corner of Portage and High Mill, about 7:30 or so. Car looks good man. That will look killer when that paint's done.
heheh- thanks, hopefully I'll get some color on it one of these days- and matching front wheels(18x9 dd bullitts on the rear, cheeped out and put matching tires on the 17" fronts- but the thing looks like the fronts are huge due to the 17" wheels...now gotta spend more for wheels and tires again...) guess I didnt recognize ya in the incognito vehicle BTW, we were at 42 again last night, the wife ran her car again a couple times- had a great time...tomorrow theyre having test and tune from 10am-5, trying to talk her in to going again...milkin this 'fathers day weekend' thing for all its worth
Old 6/20/10 | 09:40 AM
Cobra R Member

You could try the actual Ford Accessories window deflector made to fit the car... ?
http://www.partscheap.com/Mustang_Wi...z-18246-aa.htm

My brother had a set on his '08 and he was able to crack windows a full inch or 2 (give or take a lil bit) without a single drop coming in. He had an alloy gray and it blended in pretty well. They were also dealer installed so the fit was spot on.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by 2010MustangGT; 6/20/10 at 09:43 AM.
Old 6/22/10 | 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Look for the "in-channel" type vent visors. They mount inside the housing where the window goes into the trim (The window pushes up on them when it is rolled up). They are lower profile and don't require replacing the mounting tape every summer, and also don't require putting that 3m tape on the paint of you car since they mount inside the channel that the window slides into. JMO
Old 6/23/10 | 05:37 PM
legacy Tms Member

had mine cracked today(just till printing on glass flush with trim) and one heck of a thunderstorm blew in- not a drop came in though...

Quick Reply: Does NE1 have a window vent that fits?