2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Does this makes sense?

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/04, 10:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer says I've got a vin number, but the build date isnt til early December. Does this sound right?

Sorry don't know the vin number, he hasn't emailed me it yet.
Old 11/12/04, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

It's possible. I believe as soon as Ford picks up the order and gets it in the system you will get a VIN. Now all you have to do is wait your place in line. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing holds up your vehicle. The car gets built and put out on the lot. Then you play the waiting game again for it to be shipped and delivered.

-Ken
Old 11/12/04, 10:33 AM
Banned

Yes, thats only 3 weeks away. This week is over, then you have next week, followed by a 2-3 day week (Thanksgiving) the next week, and then there are only 2 more days before Dec the week after that.
Old 11/12/04, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@November 12, 2004, 11:36 AM
Yes, thats only 3 weeks away. This week is over, then you have next week, followed by a 2-3 day week (Thanksgiving) the next week, and then there are only 2 more days before Dec the week after that.
yeah...what he said.
Old 11/12/04, 10:41 AM
GT Member

My car got a VIN on 10/26 and build date of 11/22.
So I think its normal to have a build date after 3-4 weeks of getting the VIN.
Good luck!
Old 11/12/04, 10:44 AM
GT Member

Thanks, guys. I still won't see it til January, February anyways, though.

Has to ship to the UK. Least it'll be only one of a few over here though.
Old 11/12/04, 11:47 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ZeroK@November 12, 2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks, guys. I still won't see it til January, February anyways, though.

Has to ship to the UK. Least it'll be only one of a few over here though.
Dang, what are gas prices over there right now, you may have to take out a loan just to keep it fueled.
Old 11/12/04, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool

man he'll need to sell his place and live in the car to afford to buy the go juice
Old 11/12/04, 12:46 PM
GT Member

I'm in the military. I can buy gas on base. B)
Old 11/12/04, 12:56 PM

Exclamation

I ordered my GT on September 14th and was originally told that I should have my vehicle the first or second week in November. I got my VIN on the 20th of October and the status was changed to a build date of 11/9 and a delivery date of 11/23.

I just spoke to both my salesman and Ford Customer Service yesterday and they both report that my vehicle has been built and is on target to be delivered on 11/23. Apparently, it was one of 2500 cars that had been released this past week due to quality checks.

I ordered it with the IUP and it was built with that this Tuesday.

Hopefully I'll have it by Thanksgiving.
Old 11/12/04, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

i am getting so frustrated with my dealership! My dealer told me he expected it to take around 4 weeks to get my Vin, but he placed the order through to Ford while i was in the building. So why does he say it will take so long to get a vin? Also i have been trying to get my DORA (i ordered 10/27) and sinse i am not sure if my dealer is telling me factual information i went over his head and tried to talk to a manager and they just keep giving me the run around! So now they are suppose to be calling em back but i doubt they do! this is my 3rd try! i'm so frustrated! if i knew it would only hurt me and they could care aless i would cancel my order, but then i would only have to wait longer! WHY ME!? :bang: wheres a good manager with answers at when you need them
Old 11/12/04, 01:57 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by HorsC@November 12, 2004, 2:55 PM
i am getting so frustrated with my dealership! My dealer told me he expected it to take around 4 weeks to get my Vin, but he placed the order through to Ford while i was in the building. So why does he say it will take so long to get a vin? Also i have been trying to get my DORA (i ordered 10/27) and sinse i am not sure if my dealer is telling me factual information i went over his head and tried to talk to a manager and they just keep giving me the run around! So now they are suppose to be calling em back but i doubt they do! this is my 3rd try! i'm so frustrated! if i knew it would only hurt me and they could care aless i would cancel my order, but then i would only have to wait longer! WHY ME!? :bang: wheres a good manager with answers at when you need them
calm down.....some of us have ordered a loooooong time ago and it took forever to get VIN numbers. I didn't get my VIN/DORA until 3 weeks ago and I ordered in May.
Old 11/12/04, 02:00 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

You also ordered a V6 with IUP, expect to wait awhile until you get a VIN.
Old 11/12/04, 02:04 PM

i kinda had the same problem so i called and asked some one at ford they told me in some cases it may take up to a month to receive your Dora i ordered my car 10/25 and the guy at ford told me that if i dont hear anything from my dealer to go there and have them call and they should have something....hope this helps
Old 11/12/04, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+November 12, 2004, 3:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrenalin @ November 12, 2004, 3:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HorsC@November 12, 2004, 2:55 PM
calm down.....some of us have ordered a loooooong time ago and it took forever to get VIN numbers. I didn't get my VIN/DORA until 3 weeks ago and I ordered in May. [/b][/quote]
i know i know, your right its just aggervating that they cant just tell me, "we don't know" why do they send me on a run around! I'm telling you, if someone opened a car dealership and was completely and udderly honest w/ its customers about EVERYTHING, i bet they would make a heck of alot more money that the ones that try to ****** every penny they can by not telling you anything.
Old 11/12/04, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow+November 12, 2004, 3:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mustangshadow @ November 12, 2004, 3:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HorsC@November 12, 2004, 2:55 PM
i kinda had the same problem so i called and asked some one at ford they told me in some cases it may take up to a month to receive your Dora i ordered my car 10/25 and the guy at ford told me that if i dont hear anything from my dealer to go there and have them call and they should have something....hope this helps [/b][/quote]
yes it does. Thank u very much! I will be doing this if they don't start returning some phone calls to me! B)
Old 11/12/04, 02:30 PM
GT Member

When a dealer says 'your car has been invoiced' does that mean it's built?
(He didn't clarify on his email, and didn't return message)
Old 11/12/04, 02:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I ordered mine on 10/12, and got a VIN last week....with a build date of 12/6. I am praying that it gets here before christmas...thats 3 full weeks after the build date.
Old 11/12/04, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

EDIT: i can't beleive it, my manager just called me back! i can't beleive it. He told me that he didn't have my DORA but he had something else, a dealer comfirmation type thing? He said it is the same thing as my DORA excpet it has the prices on it too, he also informed me that i'm priority 19. is that ok? Also i asked about the IUP. He told me that there is a shortage but that it doesn't pertain to GTs over the V6s he tried to explain it to me in the way of IF he had an allocation of 10 cars (which he said was an exaggeration) that only 10% of them would get the IUP meaning one car. He said that this week he had an allocation of 5 so only .75% could have IUP so he didn't get any cars (V6 or GT) w/ IUP. I told him this was news to me, but he claimed it was true. Who knows i just figured i would throw another thought out there... no bashing please i am just as skeptical as you i am only trying to pass along information! But how does his thought filture out?
Old 11/12/04, 06:00 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by KenP@November 12, 2004, 11:36 AM
It's possible. I believe as soon as Ford picks up the order and gets it in the system you will get a VIN. Now all you have to do is wait your place in line. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing holds up your vehicle. The car gets built and put out on the lot. Then you play the waiting game again for it to be shipped and delivered.

-Ken
Ok is this possiable or is my dealer lying. I got my vin number on Monday and he said it was to be built this week. Is it possiable to get your vin and your car go into production the same week? :scratch:

Quick Reply: Does this makes sense?