2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Does FORD advertise?

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/05, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I am watching Monday Night Football in NJ, the prime time for advertisers targeting a wide audience of males aged 16-50 and I notice no FORD advertisements. Now, I am not saying that I was glued to the screen to see Eagles humilation, so I could have missed it. I did see Nissun, Toyota and Lexus commercials. Sure, theoretically Mustang does not need to be advertised, but neither does Camry or Altima. Still, Japanese (they are still not american to me, even though cars are made here now) auto makers advetise. Could it be that FORD's sliding sales are partially related to lack of advertisement? The rule I was told from very young age: "If you want to sell, first talk about your product, then talk about your product, then talk about your product some more". What do you think? I am sure we have advertisement gurus on this forum.
Old 12/6/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

A good Ford commerical would be...

A 10 second clip of a black GT with it's fogs on facing the screen and a big white cloud in a standstill burnout, and that's the whole commercial.
Old 12/6/05, 01:33 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There is plenty of Ford advertiseing. I see Fusion commercials all the time.

Advertising has little if any reason why Fords has been losing ground.
Old 12/6/05, 01:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I see Ford commercials all of the time. F-150, Fusion, 500, you name it.

I even saw f-150 commercial last night MANY times.
Old 12/6/05, 01:48 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TexaStang@December 6, 2005, 3:32 PM
A good Ford commerical would be...
A 10 second clip of a black GT with it's fogs on facing the screen and a big white cloud in a standstill burnout, and that's the whole commercial.
indeed
Old 12/6/05, 02:36 PM

The only thing I see with Ford and GM are pickups and suvs. After the gas shock we went through with $3.50 gas, guess what. Pickup and suvs sales are WAY down and yet they continue to advertise. If anyone
follows the business news Honda and Toyota are killing Ford and GM
in sales. Enjoy your mustangs because there won't be a company around to build American muscle care in five years.

George
Old 12/6/05, 02:40 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Ford has a new line of "Innovation" commercials out now, but there are no plans to make any 2006 Mustang ads.
Old 12/6/05, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why advertise something that sells itself ??? Plus, don't forget that MNF is sponsored by GMC
Old 12/6/05, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by geo586@December 6, 2005, 5:39 PM
Enjoy your mustangs because there won't be a company around to build American muscle care in five years.
I won't believe it, unless the price of gas goes up to double what it is now, I think there are still people that will buy them.
Old 12/6/05, 04:38 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by flight96@December 6, 2005, 3:55 PM
Why advertise something that sells itself ??? Plus, don't forget that MNF is sponsored by GMC

This is a very good point. Most people know about the new Mustangs so why should you spend millions of dollars on advertisement? For example when is the last time you've seen a commercial for other "nice" cars such as a Corvette? The Mustang name and image is all the advertising they need!
Old 12/6/05, 05:40 PM
GTR Member

The only mustang commercial I've seen was the vert one in the snow during the superbowl.I still havent seen theSteve Mcqueen one yet.maybe I'll do that now.
Old 12/6/05, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I've saw one recently that advertised 300hp, 0-60 in 5.1 sec, and some other GT specs but it showed a Silver V-6 in the commercial.
Old 12/6/05, 06:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

They have that one with the Ford guy chattering and the Clay model of the mustang.
Old 12/6/05, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by flight96@December 6, 2005, 3:55 PM
Good point about GMC. I missed that.
However on not having to advertise Mustangs...
Why advertise Camries or Altimas? In order to sell MORE of them. Indeed Mustang sells itself, but so do Accords, Civics, Corrolas. Make it a household name. Advertise them not only as a muscle car, but as a safe car (which according to NTSA Mustang is), an economical car (a bit of a stretch perphaps, but it does run on 87) and finally as a reliable car (lie if you have to )
I am NOT trying to demise FORD in any way. It just hurts me to hear about 8 factories closing and many hard working people getting their pink slips. I think that FORD is doing a good job (8 factories comparing to "88" by GM). Mustang, F-150 and 500 are good cars in a right time. But I feel that the image needs to be changed a bit. Innovation campaign is a right step toward that. Sorry for rambling on about it, but it really does sadden me to see factories closing. We had one in Edison NJ close not too long ago. I hear there will be a mall full of foreign made junk soon.
Old 12/7/05, 05:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I hope KWMJ-KTP dont mind. But he compiled all the Mustang commercials on his website. Its really cool, he did a great job. If you have Mustang Commercial withdrawls, visit here.

http://www.2006-mustang-gt.com/commercials.htm
Old 12/7/05, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I've seen many a Ford commercial, advertising their line of automotives, but never see any Mustang commercials. The last one I saw was at least a couple of months ago. Then again demand is still greater than supply (at least here in the Northwest), so why advertise?

And on another note, what a great MNF game that was.
Old 12/7/05, 11:00 AM
Big Falken Tires

Down here in South Florida they have been running their 'Ride it Like a Ford' commercials for months now - since late summer.

The first one you glimpsed a red GT Stang vert and that was it for the Stang. I was just impressed they had one in the commerical and it was a GT.

Most of the commercials in that line have been for the other cars in the line - they had one for Explorer, one for F150, etc....

About a month ago, they started running one specifically for the Stang though - they actually show both the GT and V6 but when they do the actual ad showing the car and the price, it is for the V6. I was so amused - almost took a year for me to see a dealership (all SoFLa dealerships) commercial just for the Mustang. Then again, not like the things needs help seeling anyways....

The FUSION commercials are all over the place now as well.

I have seen the two Innovation commerials too and dig them alot.
Old 12/7/05, 11:29 AM
GT Member

In the Portland, Oregon area, I see the "I'm a Ford Truck Man" commercials with Toby Keith around 6pm-7pm .

They show the Mercury commercials with the cute girl in them a lot in the during the morning news.
Old 12/7/05, 03:09 PM

I know that the Mustangs sell themself without comercials but there
were some really good ones when the 05's first came out. I'd really
like to see one again but looking at Ford's sales and financial
situation I guess they are banking on the F150 saving them. The mustang alone will not save Ford advertise it or not. Just look at the
stock price of Ford and GM comparied to Honda and Toyota. Double
diget increase for them and double diget decline for Ford and GM. I
really want the American car companies to beat the foreign ones but
unless something drastic happens one of them is going down.
George
Old 12/7/05, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

In Calif. they have been running a commercial for the new California Special. There will only be 400 made. It's been on TV for the last 2-3 weeks.

I'm sure we're the only ones that see it.

Quick Reply: Does FORD advertise?