2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Do you like the red interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/04, 10:28 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If I didn't order the lime green ,I was going to go with the satin silver and red interior .It stands out really well and is definatly eye catching.
I think your really going to see this stand out when the first rag tops show up this spring IMO.
Old 11/30/04, 10:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loooooove it
Old 11/30/04, 10:37 PM
GT Member

Love it. My exterior color choice (silver) was actually made to match the red interior. I saw the red interior and had to have it and then based the exterior color on what went best with red.
Old 11/30/04, 10:49 PM

I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but once I saw it, I thought it looked great. It goes nicely with the redfire exterior. A little lighter shade, but it's perfect. The dark charcoal and red leather along with the aluminum trim is a wonderful combination.

Saw SRV open for Robert Plant in Cleveland. Let's just say he was a tough act for Mr. Plant to follow. BTW, went to the concert in an 80s Mustang GT. Driver was a friend and had a sore leg working the clutch by the time we got out of the parking lot. Coincidentally, it had a completely red interior. Now that was overkill. :rock:
Old 11/30/04, 10:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Badandy@November 30, 2004, 7:47 PM
Sorry to everbody who got red interior. But I think it is horribly ugly.

Just my opinion though...but a very strong one
You know what they say...."Opinions are just like hiney holes". I wouldn't have mine any other way right now.....
Old 11/30/04, 10:53 PM
FR500 Member

I wouldn't like a completely red interior. But, the ICAP in my black '05 gets more positive comments from people than anything else about the car. I am very happy with it and red on a car has never been one of my favorites.
Old 11/30/04, 10:54 PM
GT Member

I used to love it at first, but now I absolutely hate it. Red is just not my thing.
Old 11/30/04, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

I like the idea of red seats with black inserts or visa versa. I have seen a silver with red interior and a black with red interior. Both looked ok except for the brushed aluminum dash and steering wheel. Now that looks bad IMO. Remember , you can out pimp any ride.
Old 11/30/04, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

tell you what, Ill lets ask you the same question a year from now, and lets see how well you like that red interior. Just give the novelty time to wear off. then you are going to be beggin for a charcoal interior!

<---red interior, LOL
Old 11/30/04, 11:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by AhhDrJones@December 1, 2004, 12:14 AM
tell you what, Ill lets ask you the same question a year from now, and lets see how well you like that red interior. Just give the novelty time to wear off. then you are going to be beggin for a charcoal interior!

<---red interior, LOL
i agree, i almost wanted it cause it was different too, but then I was lucky enough to see it in person and my brother myself and my girlfriend all said at the same time "ill" and "why?", love the charcol though...
Old 11/30/04, 11:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

I could go for red interior in a black Mustang but the others I'd have to see in person.
Old 11/30/04, 11:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by AhhDrJones@November 30, 2004, 10:14 PM

<---red interior, LOL
NOT A CHANCE...... I had a Red Interior on my White S2000 (alot more red I might add), and I loved it until I unloaded it under now ex-wife pressure. B) Bottom line is that it floats my boat, but maybe not someone else's......
Old 12/1/04, 01:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Rogue6@November 30, 2004, 10:31 PM
I agree that it would be better if the ICAP had red inserts down the middle of dark charcoal seats. However, you can never have too much red. Mine will be Torch Red with IUP and ICAP...some say over the top, I say just at the top!
What he said.
I like it! I really don't care if anyone else does. If they want to make the payments, then maybe I will listen to them. Or maybe not.
Old 12/1/04, 03:17 AM
Cobra Member

It the only reason why I like the interior
Old 12/1/04, 07:16 AM

[SIZE=7]Ordered my Torch Red Gt with the Red interior, after sitting in one with Red interior it was the only way to go. Every car I've had since 1974 has had either tan or grey interior, time for something totally different.
Old 12/1/04, 08:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got a chance to see the red on red twice during preproduction of the '05 Mustang. I'm not a big fan of the ICAP matched with the red exteriors, which is why I got Medium Parchment instead. I think the red interior goes best with the white exterior. When I saw a picture of this combination, I almost wished I had ordered mine with this color combo instead.

I also think the ICAP would have looked better if the seats were a mix of red and dark charcoal, like others have mentioned.

To each their own though.
Old 12/1/04, 08:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone post a silver car with the red interior?
Old 12/1/04, 10:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup+December 1, 2004, 12:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Giddyup @ December 1, 2004, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@November 30, 2004, 7:47 PM
Sorry to everbody who got red interior. But I think it is horribly ugly.

Just my opinion though...but a very strong one
You know what they say...."Opinions are just like hiney holes". I wouldn't have mine any other way right now..... [/b][/quote]
Kevin:
How close is the red interior color to the Torch Red exterior color? It is hard to tell from your picture whether they are the same shade. It looks like the exterior may be a brighter shade by just a touch?
If they are the same shade, I am thinking a Torch Red convertible with Black top and the red interior would be sweet.
Old 12/1/04, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I am a huge fan of ICAP. When I order one it will definitely have it. Leaning towards redfire exterior right now but I'll have to see what colorado red looks like in '06. That's when I hope to get one. '06 will also have 18" fanblades!
Old 12/1/04, 02:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Dave99GT@December 1, 2004, 9:42 AM

Kevin:
How close is the red interior color to the Torch Red exterior color? It is hard to tell from your picture whether they are the same shade. It looks like the exterior may be a brighter shade by just a touch?
If they are the same shade, I am thinking a Torch Red convertible with Black top and the red interior would be sweet.
I have eye-balled both the Torch Red on Red (I own it)....and also the Redfire on Red currently at my local dealership, and here is my ultra-particular description: (1) The Torch Red was the best match to the Red Interior IMO.....but I don't want to discount the Redfire either, because the Red Interior is super on that color as well. You don't want an EXACT match in color....because this would look terrible IMO, but they both have an ever-so-subtle contrast change between exterior/interior that is absolutely PERFECT. Jay Leno of the Tonight Show bought a Torch Red with Red Leather, and he knows his cars as well as anybody. I think the brightest red you can get is the best showing of a Sports Car.....and Torch Red is the brightest. I posted some pics on an earlier topic with the door open on both a Torch Red and Redfire Metallic, and both having Red Leather......and it was a matter of them both looking great, and an equal subtle difference on each color. You can't go wrong here, and you'll beat yourself up over trying to decide which matches better, because they both do........ All you need to concentrate on (and trust me on this) is what color you want on the outside: Torch or Redfire. (hope this helps).

Quick Reply: Do you like the red interior?