2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

DISGUSTING

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/05, 09:46 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally..........I like it, wheels and all. But i also liked the Cobra II's.
Old 12/16/05, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Doesn't look that bad. But I agree that one shouldn't but COBRA or SVT logos on a custom car...
Old 12/16/05, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ok....you all are missing my point.

1. I know this car has been discussed before. But I got new info that it will be featured in MM&FF in Feb.

2. This is Rice. Take away any reference to SVT, Shelby, Cobra, etc. and its a kick hiney car. But he is making his car something it isn't. "Rice" isn't modding your car. Its modding it to the extent that it is gross AND/OR badging it so people think its something that it isn't. Its not just clear lights and 20" rims. Its taking an apple...and calling it a banana.

What if I went out and put a bunch of Saleen badges, banners, and stickers all over my car? Or Roushe Stickers? Or Mach Stickers?

Its the same thing. heck, its the equivilant if I put a friggin "CORVETTE" banner on my car. It makes no sense. SVT didn't touch this car or have anything to do with it. Its something that it is NOT. Its a fake. And because of those facts, it is disgusting in my opinion.

Lets put a V6 with GT badges (or cobra badges) in MM&FF now.
Old 12/16/05, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TexaStang@December 15, 2005, 8:41 PM
I've seen much worse, but, it's not "that" bad. Take off the cobra lettering and it'd be a nice car IMO.

If they were going to pick a nicely modded out S197 for a cover story, personally I'd be picking Vegasjay or Adrenalin
Agreed...also Kirs Horton's car is pretty sweet.
Old 12/16/05, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see why anyone would object to it being in MM&FF??

I personally don't care for some parts of the car (and I agree with the majority.. it ain't rice), but with the blower on it, it qualifies as a Muscle Mustang or a Fast Ford... does it not?

Now if it had Lambo doors...
Old 12/16/05, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal+December 15, 2005, 8:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurfnSoCal @ December 15, 2005, 8:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a buddy who does work for MM&FF. February's issue of MM&FF will be featuring this gem of an 05-

http://www.stangnet.com/2005-Mustang/2005-...tang-Cobra.html
this is the worst case of rice I have seen...and I can't believe a magazine like MM&FF would do a feature article on it. Please write to MM&FF and ask them to not do this. This guy put SVT stickers on his car...along with COBRA stickers.

It's disgusting.
[/b]

I have to disagree, I actually think the car's not half bad.

<!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal
@December 16, 2005, 1:22 PM
What if I went out and put a bunch of Saleen badges, banners, and stickers all over my car? Or Roushe Stickers? Or Mach Stickers?

[/quote]

And why are people so passionate about badging? How can it bother someone THAT much? :scratch:

Frankly, if you were to slap Saleen, Roush, Mach, or even Toyota or a big Honda H on your car, I wouldn't care
Old 12/16/05, 04:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@December 16, 2005, 4:07 PM
Frankly, if you were to slap Saleen, Roush, Mach, or even Toyota or a big Honda H on your car, I wouldn't care

...then you aren't really a mustang fanatic then.
Old 12/16/05, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

ohoh...
"Let's get ready to ruuuumble!"
Old 12/16/05, 04:16 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

ok the point that is being left out is that the guy badged the car and is claiming it is a real SVT Cobra which it obviously isnt, this is why it shouldnt be glorified in a magazine.

whether one likes the car or not is ones personal preference and sometimes a magazine will have a car u like and sometimes it wont, including rice cars

richards point of rice is the very definition of the term, rice is just that putting badges on a car representing something it isnt, in the import world it would be all the decals for parts the car doesnt have or the "type r" or "turbo" badges on cars that arent, here it is svt and cobra, but this is not the reason it shouldnt be in the magazine, the reason is because the car is a fraud, is breaking copyright and trademark laws and the magazine should not support this, if the car was one of a kind done by the owner for his own taste then fine, but this guy is making several of them and selling them as if they are real cobras, this is where it goes wrong and should not be endorsed, but condoned.
Old 12/16/05, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

How is it a violation of copyright and trademark laws? I don't think that he is marketing them as a "cobra" at all, he is just making his own interpretation of a car. If it is a violation, then wouldn't Cervinis and all of those "eleanor" clones be guilty as well?
Old 12/16/05, 04:29 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by The Deviant One@December 16, 2005, 5:27 PM
How is it a violation of copyright and trademark laws? I don't think that he is marketing them as a "cobra" at all, he is just making his own interpretation of a car. If it is a violation, then wouldn't Cervinis and all of those "eleanor" clones be guilty as well?
I dont know if he has changed the way he is marketing the car, but originally he was claiming that the car is a 2005 SVT Cobra, made no claims that it was his interpretation he said he had been given permission from SVT to use their name and call the car a Cobra when in fact he did not

and as for cervinis when they first came up with the concept they did liken their car to Eleanor, but now in production they are calling it a Cseries car, no refrence or claim that it is Eleanor.
Old 12/16/05, 04:44 PM
FR500 Member

Alright, stop with the "rice"! This is an American car. Those exterior mods are more tied to muscle car era influences. Therefore it should be called "wheat"! Rice = overdone Japanese-style. Wheat = overdone U.S.-style. whatevas... LOL.
Old 12/16/05, 04:46 PM
Cam Tease

"[the false badging] is breaking copyright and trademark laws "

Yes, misleading people with false badging is unfortunate. But is it any worse than misleading peope by faking understanding of trade mark and copy right laws?
Old 12/16/05, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

How long til Carroll sees this and shats himself, throwing a fit to have the stickers removed?

Hey, it worked with Eleanor.
Old 12/16/05, 05:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@December 16, 2005, 11:22 AM
2. This is Rice. Take away any reference to SVT, Shelby, Cobra, etc. and its a kick hiney car. But he is making his car something it isn't. "Rice" isn't modding your car. Its modding it to the extent that it is gross AND/OR badging it so people think its something that it isn't. Its not just clear lights and 20" rims. Its taking an apple...and calling it a banana.
Sorry Richard but RICE, in this context, is an unfortunate racial slur that was origionally intended to reference a JAPANESE car with phony and/or misleading mod's or badges. I understand your perspective but I can't agree with you. In my opinion this is NOT by any stretch of the imagination RICE. I personally like the thought that it must be "wheat" or better still "oats"!!

But if you truly believe that simply changing the badging on a Mustang constitutes RICE than I submit to you that every Mustang that has its stock badges replaced with the badges of any model Mustang other than itself (this includes V-6's and GT's badging up and GT's badging down) must also be RICE.
Old 12/16/05, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok...I see your guys' point, but read this passage from the article on stangnet:

The inspiration for the look of the car comes from some unexpected places. "I really didn't care for what most people were doing visually with the 05 Mustang" said Sal. "Everyone was trying to make the car look like the old Shelbys and other vintage Mustang models. But I really didn't feel that anyone has captured the "right" look for the car yet. I had a vision in my mind of what I felt would make a beautiful version of an 05 Cobra. Being that I am a very big Mustang II enthusiast, and an avid lover of the 76-78 Cobra II, I felt the 05 lended itself to some great vintage Cobra II styling.
He even states that his car takes inspiration from the CobraII. Also read this:

It ties together several generations of the Cobra nameplate, into one outstanding looking package. I'm very pleased, and I hope the people at Ford and SVT like my tribute to the this great car, and my vision of the perfect 05 SVT Cobra ...if there was one."
I just don't see how he could be violating copyright and trademark laws when he clearly states that he is making his own interpretation of what and 05 Cobra would be if there was one and also that he was paying tribute to CobraII's. Is it really a crime to make a tribute car?
Old 12/16/05, 05:05 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, word to that "deviant one" .....word to that.
Old 12/16/05, 05:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

If making a tribute car is "rice" then a lot of the 05 owners with GT350 and 500 badges are ricers?!
Old 12/16/05, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't get it?
It's definitely not to my taste, but why is it more rice than any other car on this site that has stripes, spoilers, big wheels etc...?
Old 12/16/05, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@December 16, 2005, 2:22 PM
Ok....you all are missing my point.

1. I know this car has been discussed before. But I got new info that it will be featured in MM&FF in Feb.

Its the same thing. heck, its the equivilant if I put a friggin "CORVETTE" banner on my car. It makes no sense. SVT didn't touch this car or have anything to do with it. Its something that it is NOT. Its a fake. And because of those facts, it is disgusting in my opinion.

I seem to recall reading that Ford is droping the COBRA and went with "shelby". I think the guy is dead on. The size of the Cobra stuff is a little much, but its his car. I actually think it looks good. I want 500 rwhp!

Quick Reply: DISGUSTING