2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Did you hear?

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/06, 01:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@January 28, 2006, 2:00 PM
For the people who have paid up for team TMS memberships, sit tight until brad processes your requests, shouldn't take more than a day or two.

Still waiting on my access, there was some confusion about my username here on the forum.

Payment has been confirmed.
Old 2/1/06, 05:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting here as well, going on day 3 since payment was made.
Old 2/1/06, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

These(pdf's) are posted on request at another stang forum free of charge.

Google's your friend.
Old 2/1/06, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vandil@February 1, 2006, 11:47 AM
These(pdf's) are posted on request at another stang forum free of charge.

Google's your friend.
That may be true,but this is by far the best Mustang forum in my opinion. 15 bucks is worth the money to support the site. The pdf's are a nice bonus.
Old 2/1/06, 12:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 1200custom@February 1, 2006, 10:41 AM
That may be true,but this is by far the best Mustang forum in my opinion. 15 bucks is worth the money to support the site. The pdf's are a nice bonus.

Certainly one of the best ones, which is the reason I refrained from posting a link or naming the other site.
Old 2/1/06, 05:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So riddle me this: I remember a big sticky thread from Brad saying don't post any copyrighted material. Now, they are stealing copyrighted material (The pdfs on the DVD) to get people to pay to sign up for Team Mustang Source??? That seems a bit hipocritical to me.

Of course, maybe they actually got permission from the copyright owner (Ford? The service company that makes the DVDs?) to post them. In which case, this post is completely wrong and irrelevant.

But I would sure like to see proof of that.
Old 2/2/06, 05:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I would like to know who I need to contact for a refund. Today is going on day 4, and I've heard NOTHING.
Old 2/3/06, 08:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(y22kc @ February 2, 2006, 5:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would like to know who I need to contact for a refund. Today is going on day 4, and I've heard NOTHING.
[/b][/quote]

I'm sure Brad has been busy with the changeover to the new site SW version. I expect that those who haven't gotten their TMS memberships will be activated soon after the SW upgrade is complete.

In the meantime BUMP this topic back to the front page. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 10:53 AM
FR500 Member

I just signed up also. Should have done that a long time ago. I don't want to open up a can of worms here... but I think a small yearly membership fee should be a requirment to sign up and join this forum. With all the great information available on this site, as well as deals on aftermarket parts, etc... we would definitely all get our money's worth. Plus, that may cut down a little bit on the 10,000 (and growing every day) members. Not to mention, rid the forums of any trolls.

By the way, Brad and Bridget... no rush at all on getting me registered to view the service manual. But you could change out my stinkin' C/T to say Team Mustang Member when you get the time. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 10:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(y22kc @ February 2, 2006, 7:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

heck it's been a week for me and still no word. They even made me pay an extra $3 for using paypal, come on! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 11:18 AM
FR500 Member

I'm sure you guys can see they are working on a new version of the site here. You are worried about a refund for just a few bucks? Just be a little patient, considering the circumstances.

And they make you pay $3 for using paypal because paypal charges them $3 on the transaction. They allow the use of paypal to help those like yourself who don't have, or don't want to use, a credit card. They shouldn't have to be charged for that.

In all seriousness, I spent more money on lunch today than I did for the TMS membership. I'd not eat lunch for the next month if I had to, just to be able to be a part of this forum. And here there are people whining about a few measly dollars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Edit: A yearly membership fee would also take care of any ungreatful people taking and not wanting to give anything back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 3, 2006, 1:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm sure you guys can see they are working on a new version of the site here. You are worried about a refund for just a few bucks? Just be a little patient, considering the circumstances.

And they make you pay $3 for using paypal because paypal charges them $3 on the transaction. They allow the use of paypal to help those like yourself who don't have, or don't want to use, a credit card. They shouldn't have to be charged for that.

In all seriousness, I spent more money on lunch today than I did for the TMS membership. I'd not eat lunch for the next month if I had to, just to be able to be a part of this forum. And here there are people whining about a few measly dollars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Edit: A yearly membership fee would also take care of any ungreatful people taking and not wanting to give anything back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Alright Turbo get down from your high horse. I'm just anxious to see what my money has gotten me, and after being quoted 1-2 days to get access I think I've been fair. As for my paypal, that is the only for sure secured way that I have to pay for stuff out here in Iraq, a 20% surcharge I feel is a little steep, but a price I am willing to pay for this.

I have even sent a email to Customer Service without a response. MS Outlook does have a out of office reply feature that can be used. Bottomline is that I am not complaining about the cost to help the site, it's the lack of communication. And after a week I feel that I am due some sort of correspondence.

Thanks for your attempted guilt trip. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 11:57 AM
FR500 Member

You are preaching to the choir, bro. Don't expect to get any sympathy from me or anyone else here. Demanding your money back, or in your case agreeing with the guy who did and complaining about the $3 surcharge, is disrespectful under the circumstances. I personally vote for Brad to give you your money back and ban you from the site. There are plenty of other forums on the net to cater to your special wants and needs.
Old 2/3/06, 12:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 3, 2006, 2:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You are preaching to the choir, bro. Don't expect to get any sympathy from me or anyone else here. Demanding your money back, or in your case agreeing with the guy who did and complaining about the $3 surcharge, is disrespectful under the circumstances. I personally vote for Brad to give you your money back and ban you from the site. There are plenty of other forums on the net to cater to your special wants and needs.
[/b][/quote]
I don't recall soliciting any sympathy, just stating a fact. Because I "Agreed" with a guy demanding his money back? You my friend need to go back to grammar school and learn how to read, the point that I was agreeing with was the fact that it took him longer than anticipated to get his access.

Ban me, are you kidding me? That is a bit extreme...! Are you retarded?

Special needs and wants? Please tell me what those are. If you are referring to sites that don't have horses azzes trying to cut someone down for expressing an opinion then yes I desire that and thought I had found a group of mature Mustang enthusiasts on this site, guess I was wrong. In your case in particular.

People around here need to lighten up, I'd love to see what "Brad" had to say about this issue. Have a good day friend and try get that Corn Cobb removed soon.

PS I like your Avatar, did you do that yourself?
Old 2/3/06, 12:12 PM
I Have Admin Envy

No need to argue guys,

The people who run the site all have full time jobs, with the software upgrades recently I am sure their time has been at a premium and haven't gotten to the team TMS requests.

The best thing to do, if you have an issue with your membership is to PM Brad directly.
Old 2/3/06, 12:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ February 3, 2006, 2:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No need to argue guys,

The people who run the site all have full time jobs, with the software upgrades recently I am sure their time has been at a premium and haven't gotten to the team TMS requests.

The best thing to do, if you have an issue with your membership is to PM Brad directly.
[/b][/quote]
Check. If I don't hear anything by Tuesday I'll do that.

Oh can you ban that other cat? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Just a quesiton.
Old 2/3/06, 12:40 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ February 3, 2006, 1:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

That was the reason I personally took offense in the first place. If someone has an issue with a matter like that, PM Brad or even a Moderator. Why say it in this thread? The only thing that accomplishes is making yourself look bad to everyone who reads it. Honestly, I think an apology is in order. And maybe banning you would be a little harsh. But me saying you should be banned is no worse than you saying "come on!" and banging your head against a brick wall.

And by special needs, I mean giving you exactly what you want and when you want it. Life is not all about you. I'm sorry to say. This forum has over 10,000 members. Imagine trying to cater to 10,000 people like Brad and the handful of Moderators do. All this while trying to update the site AND work a full-time job. Then, tell me how upset you are.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2L8IWON @ February 3, 2006, 1:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh can you ban that other cat? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Just a quesiton.
[/b][/quote]

Now you want me banned? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] What have you offered to this forum? I've looked through some of your posts and topics. Just a bunch of complaining for the most part.
Old 2/3/06, 12:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

We'll be taking this to the PM since you seem to want to be the one with the last word. And as Galaxie said, we shouldn't argue here.
Old 2/3/06, 01:01 PM
I Have Admin Envy

I don't hold the ban button [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banned.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] there is no reason you guys can't agree to disagree

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/topic.gif[/img]

Once again

If you have been waiting a couple of days to get team TMS members, please be patient and sit tight for now

If you've run out of patience, PM the admin and they will be willing to help you
Old 2/3/06, 01:24 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/popcorn2.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Did you hear?