Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I order the right wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/07, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I order the right wheels?

Ok, so I ordered the 'blades, which I have always really liked.

However, I keep seeing the polished 18" bullits and thinking how nice they look, which is making me question my selection. The car is tungsten and will have the FRPP handling pak installed, i.e., lowered gently.

Anyone have profile pics of a tungsten with FRPP handling pak (or just the FRPP lowering springs) and either fanblades or the 18" polished bullitts to convince myself I made the right decision??

Profile pics of tungstens with both or either type of wheel would be appreciated and quite helpful.

Thanks guys!
Old 2/22/07, 09:17 PM
GT Member

I think you did right. There's a member here with a tungsten + spoiler delete + fanblades + FRPP drop whose car I really like.
Old 2/22/07, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BLoG
I think you did right. There's a member here with a tungsten + spoiler delete + fanblades + FRPP drop whose car I really like.
Any idea who? I'd love to get some pics....

I found one picture of one car from the rear 3/4 angle, which looks a little skewed, but it was in an odd format and I cant post...

I can't even copy it...and I cannot find it a second time of course, **** rum.
Old 2/22/07, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

There are some pics on page one of this thread of a lowered Tungsten Gray with Fan Blades - looks fine:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=34102

BTW, our cars are very similar. Picked mine up last Tuesday (although I went with the bullits):
Attached Thumbnails Did I order the right wheels?-star_ford.jpg  
Old 2/22/07, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Stick with the fanblades. Everybody, and I mean, everybody has the 17 or 18" "Bullitts". I'm glad I did.

Old 2/23/07, 12:33 AM
Cobra R Member

I know all about the wheel worries...... When I ordered, I couldn't decide between the polished upgrades or the painted bullitts ('05), but I eventually decided on the polished upgrades. The polished bullitts are definitely more common, but that's the wheel I would order if that was my current choices. I'm not a fan of the blades.....
Old 2/23/07, 05:54 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course, it's all personal preference, but I'm inclined to think that different wheels go better with different colors.

The fanblades do have the advantage of being unique (Bullitts have been WAY overdone, IMHO) and looking a bit bigger than their 18" diameter due to the large size of the "blades."

I think the fanblades look good on the Tungsten. But the 18" polished Bullitts do match up particularly well with Tungsten, too.

That was completely unhelpful, wasn't it? Sorry.
Old 2/23/07, 06:11 AM
Cobra Member

As long as the whole "theme" of your exterior mods is not too retro (in which case the Bullitts might look better), I think you made the right choice with the fanblades on Tungsten.
Old 2/23/07, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the input guys!

The pic of the Alloy above does help re-inforce my slection, I like the look a lot!

Still want to see more pics!!!!
Old 2/23/07, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
Thanks for the input guys!

The pic of the Alloy above does help re-inforce my slection, I like the look a lot!

Still want to see more pics!!!!
FutureSVT, you and I have very similar options except the interior/exterior color and I have the Premier trim. Here's some more pics of mine - soon to have the TI CAI and SCT Xcal2!

Be patient, it's worth it!
Old 2/23/07, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

i love the fanblades....especially on the tungsten colored stang
Old 2/23/07, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

I agree with "Hollywood_North GT" and "Louie"......... It's all personal preference.

Don't change your mind because somebody is telling you that he/she don't like it. Just remember that it will be your car.

I liked the fan blades as soon as they came out. And I was thinking that when ever I would order me a Mustang it would be with the fan blades. Until the moment I wanted to put the order in. The bullets do look real good to. After all I did order the fan blades because this was my first choice to begin with.

I think you made a right choice.
Old 2/23/07, 09:42 AM
Cobra R Member

i like the blades, i am torn between those, pilished bullitts, or something else. probably just going to get whatever i can get cheapest
Old 2/23/07, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GJvdB
I agree with "Hollywood_North GT" and "Louie"......... It's all personal preference.

Don't change your mind because somebody is telling you that he/she don't like it. Just remember that it will be your car.

Agreed. I wasn't looking for other people to tell me if they like my decision or not because like you said, it's personal preference and I'm not really concerned whether they like it or not. Although I don't mind hearing if people share my tastes or differ in their own, my real hope was to obtain profile photos of cars similar to what I have ordered and what my first alternative was so I could myself determine which I liked more, and hopefully re-affirm my original decision.

Old 2/23/07, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Embalmer: I always thought Alloy was too dark, looking much like black, but I think it is growing on me. I like your car and your option selection.

And I too have the premier trim, but the interior will be dark charcoal instead of graphite.

oh, the waiting.
Old 2/23/07, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

And I too have the premier trim, but the interior will be dark charcoal instead of graphite.
Yup...it looks great - especially with the charcoal dash panel.
Old 2/23/07, 11:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BLoG

FutureSVT: Here is my Tungsten GT w/ Fanblades and the FRPP Kit. These are from April 2006, about a month after I bought the car.
Attached Thumbnails Did I order the right wheels?-dscn2893.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn2895.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn2892.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn2899.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn2894.jpg  

Old 2/23/07, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

O6GT, you are my hero!

Thanks so much for the pics.

Right after I ordered, I found the 3/4 rear photo of your car somewhere on this site and copied it onto my computer, but did not recall seeing any profile shots. Of course I could not then find the pic again.

Your car is the one I referenced above and is essentially exactly what I ordered, with the exception of the GTAP I ordered. I am also planning to tint either at delivery or shortly after, depending on what they tell me...

Awesome taste you have

I'd love any other pics you have and also your thoughts on the FRPP handling pak...
Old 2/23/07, 02:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
O6GT, you are my hero!

Thanks so much for the pics.

Right after I ordered, I found the 3/4 rear photo of your car somewhere on this site and copied it onto my computer, but did not recall seeing any profile shots. Of course I could not then find the pic again.

Your car is the one I referenced above and is essentially exactly what I ordered, with the exception of the GTAP I ordered. I am also planning to tint either at delivery or shortly after, depending on what they tell me...

Awesome taste you have

I'd love any other pics you have and also your thoughts on the FRPP handling pak...
No problem, man. I've got a ton of pictures, haha. Those are probably some of the best shots I have, though. I just took a bunch of new pictures last weekend after I put my GT500 wheels on, though. Those look pretty hot.

I'll upload some of them sometime.

The FRPP package is great, the ride is firm without being punishing, and the car handles very well. I go to PIR every now and then and run their road course, the car really surprises a lot of people--Mustangs aren't supposed to turn! Body roll is reduced GREATLY.
Attached Thumbnails Did I order the right wheels?-dscn3848.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn3850.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn3962.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn4220.jpg   Did I order the right wheels?-dscn4219.jpg  

Old 2/23/07, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like I'm in the minority, but I have to say definitely the 18" Bullitts

Quick Reply: Did I order the right wheels?