2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

DG Custom Auto Needs Your Help! Opinions Wanted!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/06, 12:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb DG Custom Auto Needs Your Help! Opinions Wanted!!

Opinions Wanted!!

Alright you guys, as I've posted in a previous thread, this co has made outstanding Louevers and Mirror covers for our 05+ Mustangs. But DG Custom Auto wants your help!

They want your opinions as to what products you want to see be made for our cars. Any idea's that you may have for them to make the car "more retro" or to "what u want", that other co's have failed to make yet. Any ideas you can think of: hood scoops, different louevers, side scoops, grilles, body moldings, any exterior parts you can think of! Voice your opinion and what you would want for your 05+ Stang!

So here is the thread, lets start it here:
Old 8/28/06, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think there is alot that can be done with the fake gas cap on the trunk - mine is customized with the FSU Seminoles logo, but its a sticker and I'd love to find someone to paint it for a decent price. I've seen other stickers on EBay for the fake gas cap, but think painted customs would sell too.

Other thoughts.
Rear Fascia - there are a couple out there, but still room for improvement in this sector IMO.

Tinted rear side markers? - I've seen the front ones sold as a tinted piece, and see lots of tint overlays, but not actual smoked glass (plastic) ones for the rear side markers.

Tail light bezels - BLACK - that give the taillights more of a retro look. There is room for growth in this sector too since Silverhorse is having trouble getting these out.
Old 8/28/06, 01:01 PM
Cobra R Member

mirror caps like the mgw ones, but made of brushed aluminum. audi s4 style.
Old 8/28/06, 01:35 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to see a completly black grill , no pony emblem,completly arrid with 1/2 the size honeycomb , and places for the stock foglamps
Old 8/28/06, 03:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How about offering a variety of pre painted parts from different vendors. I myself would love to buy the cdc window louvers and other products if they were pre painted. Pre painted parts for a good price gets rid of so much hassle.
Old 8/28/06, 04:55 PM
V6 Member

A replacement for headlight cover removal., i.e. headlights with out the plastic cover.
Old 8/28/06, 05:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Painted spoiler like GT500 / CDC Ducktail that uses ALL FOUR stock bolt holes. None of this "two bolts plus lots of Ductape" crap.
Old 8/28/06, 05:12 PM
Cobra Member

I think that there is a real market opportunity for a company to develop a kit to convert the GT Appearance Package hood scoop to ram air (or fresh air). I would love to have that on my car! I'm thinking it could be a setup similar to the CDC shaker ducting.
Old 8/28/06, 07:22 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
As a lot of people here on TMS already know, I think a "blank" (no foglights & no pony) OE style grille for the '05+ Mustang GT would sell great.

Think of it this way. The only aftermarket grilles available right now each fit one specific look. Therefore each grille only sells to the individual who wants that EXACT look.

If you make the "blank" OE style honeycomb grille, it would appeal to EVERY person who wants a modified OE style grille. The center foglight OE style grilles are EXTREMELY popular right now, but they went to all that trouble and much expense to make a grille that will only sell to people who want a center foglight grille. With the "blank" grille, it would not only sell to those people (they can cut holes to install the foglights in the center) but also the ones who want one of the many other combinations

As an example of broader appeal, there are 2 center foglight OE style grilles on the market. Some people don't like how far apart the lights are one the new Street Scenes grille, while others think the KSR grille has them too close together. Another complaint is how far out the foglights protrude. (they stick out pretty far on the SSE grille) If one of those companies would have made a "blank" OE style grille they would have been able to sell their product to ALL those poeple instead of half of them and done it for the same amount of money. Doubling sales while keeping cost the same seems like a good idea to me.

Now think about all the other options the customer could choose from and and you've increased your sales 10 fold. The combinations of things people could do to the grille are endless, but here are a few examples.

EXAMPLES:
1.Center fogs (which the user could decide how far apart they wanted them and how far they stuck out)
2. no fogs (V6 clone)
3. no pony, but add fogs (69/70 style)
4. no pony & no fogs (65 Shelby style)
5. no pony, no fogs, add emblem of your choice in the center

BTW, obviously even the "blank" grille would be popular since so many people are settling for the billet STYLE grilles that are out there and lots of people want them painted/powdercoated black. The problem with those grilles is they are on every ricer and redneck pick-up truck on the road.
Attached Images  
Old 8/28/06, 07:28 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I also agree with the headlight bucket idea and the ram air kit.

IMO, anything prepainted isn't a good idea since our cars are just starting to get to the age that the paint color will start fading. Sure, when everyone's '05 was brand new, it was a great idea. Painted parts, IMO, is a novelty that won't be feasible in the near future.
Old 8/28/06, 07:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There's two things that I want.

1) An all black blackout panel for the luggage lid. No honeycomb, no fake gas cap emblem. A real blackout panel and thick matching taillight bezels would be a plus!

2) Headlight moldings that are similar to the side moldings on a 70 Boss. Must be paintable. No goofy contours.

Hook me up!
Old 8/29/06, 04:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

an aluminum hood that looks like the rksport hood
Old 8/29/06, 05:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know!!! How about the pics he promised in the other thread to send last week???! Take care of one issue before moving on.....
Old 8/29/06, 05:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Webba
I know!!! How about the pics he promised in the other thread to send last week???! Take care of one issue before moving on.....
maybe he hasnt gotten them yet. cut some slack they are coming out of california, and the parts are pre-pained. maybe they didnt have immediately availible sonic blue ones or something
Old 8/29/06, 07:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

ok off to a good start so far.....

keep them coming guys.....
Old 8/29/06, 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
maybe he hasnt gotten them yet. cut some slack they are coming out of california, and the parts are pre-pained. maybe they didnt have immediately availible sonic blue ones or something
Cheese, do you even have a clue WTF I am asking about????! Im thinking no or you wouldnt even have responded. Mav knows what I am asking about.
Old 8/29/06, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Painted spoiler like GT500 / CDC Ducktail that uses ALL FOUR stock bolt holes. None of this "two bolts plus lots of Ductape" crap.
yeah - pre-painted too!
Old 8/29/06, 08:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by afcop13
Tail light bezels - BLACK - that give the taillights more of a retro look. There is room for growth in this sector too since Silverhorse is having trouble getting these out.
I'd like to see black taillights bezels as well.
Old 8/29/06, 08:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Webba
Cheese, do you even have a clue WTF I am asking about????! Im thinking no or you wouldnt even have responded. Mav knows what I am asking about.
oh sorry dude... read that right after reading a post on bimmerforums. different mindset
Old 8/29/06, 10:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

yes webba, the pics are coming, i'm still waiting on the co. to send them to me. He's a very very busy person, I've also PMed the person who has friends who bought them and have them on their vehicles. I've request them to take pics and send them to me. I'm trying and I'm pulling my hair out trying to get the pics of the mirror covers for everyone, so be patient.....

Quick Reply: DG Custom Auto Needs Your Help! Opinions Wanted!!