2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

A depressing e-mail from my rep.

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/05, 02:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called my dealer when i got home yesterday, he will call back today with new info. Let's see what happens.
I hate Ford having the power to make or break my weekend.
Old 4/23/05, 08:03 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Centurion@April 13, 2005, 7:48 PM
Not to be vindictive or anything but if I don't get this car I will never buy from Ford again. I don't care about their order process, I only care how I'm being treated as a customer. Basically I feel like I'm in line for a really cool ride and people keep stepping in front of me even though I was there before them. Yeah, yeah it's all about profitability but last time I checked Ford was still stinking in that area. Maybe they should rethink their formula for success. For a company who's still on the rocks they really botched an opportunity to shine.

well said!
Old 4/25/05, 04:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Centurion@April 13, 2005, 7:48 PM
Not to be vindictive or anything but if I don't get this car I will never buy from Ford again. I don't care about their order process, I only care how I'm being treated as a customer. Basically I feel like I'm in line for a really cool ride and people keep stepping in front of me even though I was there before them. Yeah, yeah it's all about profitability but last time I checked Ford was still stinking in that area. Maybe they should rethink their formula for success. For a company who's still on the rocks they really botched an opportunity to shine.
I came to that same conclusion 4 months ago and ended up buying a G35 coupe and I couldn't be happier
Old 4/25/05, 04:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Clemens9@April 25, 2005, 4:07 PM

I came to that same conclusion 4 months ago and ended up buying a G35 coupe and I couldn't be happier
I almost cancelled but decided to stick it out.

And now mine is getting built this week.
Old 4/25/05, 06:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by E-Rock+April 25, 2005, 4:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(E-Rock @ April 25, 2005, 4:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Clemens9@April 25, 2005, 4:07 PM

[/b][/quote]

I call the line every once in a while to see if my order progressed at all. It is STILL clean and unscheduled.
Old 4/26/05, 07:04 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Clemens9+April 25, 2005, 6:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clemens9 @ April 25, 2005, 6:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by E-Rock@April 25, 2005, 4:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Clemens9
@April 25, 2005, 4:07 PM

I call the line every once in a while to see if my order progressed at all. It is STILL clean and unscheduled.
[/b][/quote]

I do the same thing, even though I bought exactly what I wanted off a lot. It kind of reaffirms my decision not to wait. I ordered on February 10 and it is still C/U. I'm real glad I bought one when I found it.

Ryan
Old 4/26/05, 10:34 PM
V6 Member

Just did the same thing today. I'm so happy I actually found one so close to my original order.
Old 4/27/05, 05:31 AM

Originally posted by Centurion@April 27, 2005, 12:37 AM
Just did the same thing today. I'm so happy I actually found one so close to my original order.
Have you posted any pics of your Torch Red vert? If so, where do I find them? I have a very similar one in shipment now and would like to drool over yours while I'm waiting.

Tony
Old 4/27/05, 06:55 PM
V6 Member

Well Tony I would but my wife ran it into the dumpster that's sitting on our driveway. Minor scratch but it's at the body shop. I'm getting it back Tuesday, maybe later. If you can wait till then I'll be more than happy to.
Old 4/28/05, 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered a GT on 12/10/04 from my in town dealer. He had no mustangs, GT or V-6 on his lot. I was told 4-6 weeks. I checked back in January, he said about 2 more weeks. Checked back 2 weeks later, he said the car was built, but it was waiting for one of the options I had specified to come in to be added to it. This threw up a huge red flag. I don't know how an assymbly line works, but I was more than certain that my car was not just sitting takeing up space in Ford's factory waiting on an option to be added. Thats when I found these forums. The people here (and other forums) have really enlightened me and given invaluable information. Thanks to these forums I found about the end of year shutdown, how to check the status of my order without relying on the dealer, doras, and numerous other things the dealer did'nt tell me about. The car I ordered is still C/U, but I found one just like I ordered and bought it 5 weeks ago. I hope all of you who have been waiting get your cars.................But, I hope the one I ordered is one of the ones that gets cut. I don't want the dealer who did all the lieing about the status to make anything off the car he used to string me along for four months.
Old 4/28/05, 02:34 PM

How are you all able to check your orders? I've looked all over the forums, but can't seem to find this info. Thanks. :scratch:
Old 4/29/05, 03:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's official I won't get an 05. In a way it makes my days go by better by knowing I have no worries anymore, but its torture seeing them on the roads at the same time.
Citrus Ford has cut down a few people, even some who ordered December. Getting one on the lots is not only hard to find, but when/if you do it won't be fair priced.
I wonder how big of a waiting list they have for the 06's already?
Should I stick with this current dealer to see if they get me an early 06 or just screw them for the wait of high hopes?
Old 4/29/05, 05:14 PM
V6 Member

I'd find the biggest volume dealer in your area and order there. I'm sure there are people who got their's quickly that are from your area. You just have to hunt them down and find out which dealer they went to.
Old 4/29/05, 11:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have convinced myself to go with a V6 instead. I can get one off the lot now, but hopefully at a good price. They are everywhere, so I should be able to.
Theres a Black V6 with a 5spd manual, but it's been on the lot for a few weeks. How many miles would you guys expect on it, and how many would make it a dealbreaker?

I'm going to save myself and get a V8 in a few years instead
Old 4/30/05, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by rs43506+April 26, 2005, 9:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rs43506 @ April 26, 2005, 9:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Clemens9@April 25, 2005, 6:14 PM
Originally posted by E-Rock@April 25, 2005, 4:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Clemens9
@April 25, 2005, 4:07 PM

I do the same thing, even though I bought exactly what I wanted off a lot. It kind of reaffirms my decision not to wait. I ordered on February 10 and it is still C/U. I'm real glad I bought one when I found it.

Ryan
[/b][/quote]

I think the problem is with dealers who have an allocation of three GTs but don't tell you that you are the 13th order they have placed. I ordered almost the same day as Ryan and mine arrived on Thursday. The problem is that even if you know enough to ask your dealer about his allocation, there is no way to know if the dealer is telling you the truth.

Of course, this problem exists because of Ford's underproduction of the Mustang GT.

Tony
Old 4/30/05, 03:27 PM

Still waiting on mine also. Dealer tells me mine is #2 on the order list, maybe #1 due to my first car being damaged. But its still listed as unscheduled / clean. Im running out of patience. If I dont get an 05 I'll probably not order an 06. Dont like being screwed with. Started thinking about getting a GTO. Just waiting for a reason to bail on FORD.
Old 5/2/05, 06:31 PM
GT Member

Hello everyone, - Very nice sight! What’s the deal on the mustang orders? I placed my order on 04/03/2005 for a fully loaded Sonic Blue GT. They say they have allocations for GT’s and accepted my order and insist that and I will receive it by end of summer. After reading some of your entries it’s starting to look very grim. A 2006 would be ok, however I here roomers that Sonic Blue will be discontinued. Today I e-mailed my dealer with concerns, well have see how they respond.
Old 5/2/05, 08:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Vallee@May 2, 2005, 6:34 PM
Hello everyone, - Very nice sight! What’s the deal on the mustang orders? I placed my order on 04/03/2005 for a fully loaded Sonic Blue GT. They say they have allocations for GT’s and accepted my order and insist that and I will receive it by end of summer. After reading some of your entries it’s starting to look very grim. A 2006 would be ok, however I here roomers that Sonic Blue will be discontinued. Today I e-mailed my dealer with concerns, well have see how they respond.

sorry bro, but you have not a chance in "the hot place that isn't pleasant"-------they are still building backlogged vehicles from December and I do not believe that a delaer in NY will be able to deliver, best of luck though-----
Old 5/4/05, 06:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vallee@May 2, 2005, 7:34 PM

End of summer is '06 territory, bud. They stop sending '05's when '06 production begins first week of August, so the press says.
Old 5/4/05, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Yeah your right, I guess they stop production in July to re-tool for the 06 production that starts in August. Check out the new colors - Sonic blue is out! - that's the color I ordered... I am sure i will get pushed into the 06 model year, but not with the color I want, which is BS. Any one order Sonic blue and afraid they may be stuck with a 06 order?

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/2006fle...006-mustang.asp

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/2006fle...p?Model=Mustang

Quick Reply: A depressing e-mail from my rep.