2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Denied insurance coverage!

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/05, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Well I went to renew the insurance in my 05 GT and was told that I would not be able to. This is just becasue of the car, not me. I have not had an accident for over 15 years and have a good driving record (in the last 10 years). I sent a letter to the HOD (head of department) espressing my opinion of their discriminatory policy and asked for a personal phone call to explain it to me.

Man, I was mad. This is private insurance through my bank. They are an excellent insurance company that deals very well with its members (until now)

Anyone else had this happen? I was covered before because the car was so new that it wasn't in their computer system yet and I slipped through. (mid December)
Old 4/12/05, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cop on my back@April 12, 2005, 8:34 PM
Well I went to renew the insurance in my 05 GT and was told that I would not be able to. This is just becasue of the car, not me. I have not had an accident for over 15 years and have a good driving record (in the last 10 years). I sent a letter to the HOD (head of department) espressing my opinion of their discriminatory policy and asked for a personal phone call to explain it to me.

Man, I was mad. This is private insurance through my bank. They are an excellent insurance company that deals very well with its members (until now)

Anyone else had this happen? I was covered before because the car was so new that it wasn't in their computer system yet and I slipped through. (mid December)
That's a bunch of BS. I would check several other companys. Check progressive.com that is who I'm looking at. My current insurance is threw them. and cost 600 every 6 months. The Stang when I checked would be 669 every 6 months. But that was on a general GT stang not counting the side mounted air bags and that should lower it. Also I need to say the insurance for the first is about 1/2 the coverage then what will be on the stang for only 69 dollors more.
Old 4/12/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Do they cover GTO's? Hemi's? Porsche? Vettes?
Old 4/12/05, 08:00 PM
I Have Admin Envy

ahh.. the good old fraudulent canadian insurance system.

go to www.kanetix.ca and find a better policy, then tell these guys to shove it
Old 4/12/05, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

i had a 02 v6, my insurance is 15 bux a month cheaper with the 05GT, at a whopping $68.00 monthly, for full coverage and comprenhensive, $500 deductible,
Old 4/12/05, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

If that happens to me, I'll freak! Mine was quoted as a 2004 as well... I guess we'll see what happens come renewal time.
Old 4/12/05, 09:01 PM
GT Member

This topic scares me. My car should be delivered within the next couple of weeks and I haven't even called my current insurance company (AAA) for a quote. I know my rates will go up, but I guess it never crossed my mine that they may not cover me at all
Old 4/12/05, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mister_e@April 12, 2005, 8:04 PM
This topic scares me. My car should be delivered within the next couple of weeks and I haven't even called my current insurance company (AAA) for a quote. I know my rates will go up, but I guess it never crossed my mine that they may not cover me at all
Check with Mercury Insurance. I switched from AAA to Mercury when I got my 03 Mustang GT (Mercury gave me better coverage at a lower price then AAA charged me for a 99 V-6 Mustang.)
When I got my 05 Mustang GT with side airbags and active anti theft my insurance price went down, then when I got Lojack it dropped again.

I'm paying around $1250 a year on my 05 Mustang GT
Old 4/12/05, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by cop on my back@April 12, 2005, 7:34 PM

I also experienced this at C.C.S. Credit Union in Victoria. I asked for a quote before my new '05 V6 Mustang Convertible came in. The first thing they asked - was it a GT, Mach 1 or Cobra? If it was any of these, no quotation. As I was getting a quote on the V6 I didn't follow up on the no quote issue (and apparently if no quote, then no insurance) but it really suprised me. In any event, I can confirm your experence. I bought my private insurance elsewhere in Victoria. PM me if you want more information.

Grant
Victoria, B.C.
Old 4/12/05, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

2005 Mustang V6 Premium + and 2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
Covered by AAA.....full coverage on both; Total per year $1600
Old 4/13/05, 01:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mister_e@April 12, 2005, 9:04 PM
AAA covered me without any hastles. I'm not sure if it's a good price or a bad one, but they asked nothing - not if it was V6 or V8, not if it had Lojack - nothing. I figured they could get the basic data from the vin, but I'm going to be inquiring about how Lojack and side airbags effect the price.

Anyway, you should have no problem with AAA.
Old 4/13/05, 01:31 AM
Cobra R Member

$980 per year.....full coverage w/500 deductible. No tickets/accidents
Old 4/13/05, 02:03 AM

Sorry to hear that :notnice: ... I hope this doesn't become a trend down here (in the U. S.). That is pretty much what killed the muscle car the first time around (and high gas prices).
Old 4/13/05, 02:32 AM
GT Member

Paying $680 per year on my 05 GT through Erie Insurance.
No tickets/accidents.

I've been told by eveybody around that they are the lowest.
Old 4/13/05, 02:43 AM
GT Member

$2400 CAD ICBC in Vancouver
and thats with the Max Safe Driver Discounts!
Old 4/13/05, 05:03 AM
Cobra Member

I called my insurance agent as soon as I entertained the idea of getting a Mustang. He told me my insurance rate would go up by $21 per month. I automatically rationalized: "Hey, that's only 70 cents a day. What a bargain!"

The cost was not much of a factor in my decision, thankfully. However, I would have certainly taken issue if they refused to renew me or offer me a policy. Time to shop around! I'm sure you'll find a company willing to take your money! Do what another poster recommended: call Progressive or check them out online.
Old 4/13/05, 05:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope...never had that happen.
State Farm is always eager to take all of my money.
Old 4/13/05, 06:06 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by FourLights@April 13, 2005, 3:35 AM
No tickets/accidents.

Really? Erie told me 2 years ago that they don't insure 'high-risk' vehicles like the mustang. State Farm has always been good to me, so I guess I'm staying with them.
Old 4/13/05, 06:16 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mr-mstng+April 13, 2005, 6:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr-mstng @ April 13, 2005, 6:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-FourLights@April 13, 2005, 3:35 AM
No tickets/accidents.

Really? Erie told me 2 years ago that they don't insure 'high-risk' vehicles like the mustang. State Farm has always been good to me, so I guess I'm staying with them.
[/b][/quote]

This is my first 'high-risk' vehicle and they said no problem.
I've been with Erie for 12 years now. I've done a lot of shopping
around and nobody can even come close.
Old 4/13/05, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

State farm has been my best quote also. I have been no quoted by Allstate and a few others for "high risk" vehicles. They have also done the same on my snowbobiles. I guess I can understand it to a point. They are trying to minimize their risk. But at the same time they are in the accident business and life is a risk. I have used progressive in the past on my motorcycles and boats and they were decent at first but when renewal would come up they always jacked the price.

Quick Reply: Denied insurance coverage!