2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

delivery time after putting deposit

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/04, 11:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My satin silver GT was supposedly a dealer stock order that was placed late Oct. I put a deposit on it after I was told it would arrive by Thanksgiving. After getting absolutely nowhere with the salesman, I called Ford Direct. They informed me that the car was ordered Nov 19 and to expect 8-12 weeks for delivery. I nearly busted my seams. I called the GM of the dealership and told him this was unacceptable. I had heard everything from "hasn't been pulled yet" to "spoiler shortage". I'm only sorry now that I did not call the GM earlier. He said that if it did not have a spoiler, he would install one at the dealership as he has a supplier.
He phoned his dealer rep in Dearborn and moved mine in front of another dealer stock ordered GT and gave me a new order number. He also gave me a build date of Dec 19th, right before the year end shutdown. He anticipates a Jan 7th delivery date AND the spoiler will not be a problem as one was slated for the original car that mine replaced. Whewww! Exhausting but worth the phone calls. At least I know now what to expect. This gives me an extra couple of weeks to dress up my garage to showcase the new car.

Dave
Old 12/4/04, 06:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered 12-2. With the plant shut down I was told second week in February. I upgraded to GT with IUP, side airbags, active anti-thief and auto tranny (terrible knees). I'm thinking late February is more in line.
I traded back my V6 - came out only $750 short. Can't believe all the mods already available. Still, I've only seen 2 others on the street.
Old 12/4/04, 10:54 AM

I ordered mine on 11/2.Put down a deposit. Salesman said 6-8weeks. After reading all the stories on the Forum I called the dealer on 11/22 and asked him to fax me a copy of the order which he did. It shows Priority 10, DORA processed 11/2 and all the color codes etc. are correct. Called the salesman on 12/2 and he said he's hoping to have it by Christmas. Asked him for a Vin # and he said they won't have it until car is built---is this BS ? With all I've read about IUP, Spoilers etc. I don't have hope that I'll get it anytime soon. Car is a premium Gt 5spd, IUp Dk charcoal leather. I really thought I'd have more info by now. Sound like we're all in the same shape. Shoud I have a vin# and build date by now ?
Old 12/4/04, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OLTIMER@December 4, 2004, 11:57 AM
I ordered mine on 11/2.Put down a deposit. Salesman said 6-8weeks. After reading all the stories on the Forum I called the dealer on 11/22 and asked him to fax me a copy of the order which he did. It shows Priority 10, DORA processed 11/2 and all the color codes etc. are correct. Called the salesman on 12/2 and he said he's hoping to have it by Christmas. Asked him for a Vin # and he said they won't have it until car is built---is this BS ? With all I've read about IUP, Spoilers etc. I don't have hope that I'll get it anytime soon. Car is a premium Gt 5spd, IUp Dk charcoal leather. I really thought I'd have more info by now. Sound like we're all in the same shape. Shoud I have a vin# and build date by now ?
I ordered on the same date and I'm getting the same car with the same problem. No info as of yet. They are just having too many delays with IUP and spoiler. With Christmas coming and the two weeks off, I will be lucky to get the car in Jan. So will you. But with winter here, can't say that I care much anymore. I don't want to get the car all crappy as soon as I get it.
Old 12/4/04, 04:33 PM

Guess you're right Bobby--I'm going to stop thinking about and just be resolved to January or Feb., who knows. But the weather would not be a problem as I'm on the outskirts of New Orleans and it never snows here.
Old 12/4/04, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Well thats lucky for you!
Old 12/5/04, 12:18 PM

I don't know if you'd call it lucky---the heat here is unbearable in the summer--you never get used to it plus we have to worry about Hurricanes wiping us and our cars and everthing else away every year. Anyway theres got to be away to find out our build date--any ideas ?
Old 12/5/04, 12:51 PM
FR500 Member

lucky louy i hate to ask but if u dont mind since u put $2000 down and all how much r ur monthly payments cuz im putting 5 and i dont want my payments to be huge u know
Old 12/5/04, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I placed my orde 10/18 and my dealer told me 2-4 weeks before I would have any real info. I then saw on the boards from Karpro that the wait really has to do with the dealership's allocation. So, on the 4th week I called the dealership and spoke with the Sales manager and asked them about their allocation and where my order fit in to it. He told me that I was 1 of the 3 coming before the end of the year and was O.K. with that. So every week since then I have called looking for scraps like a feen. When I called Friday, I talked to him again and asked him again about the order he said as soon as they got another allocation mine would be up. I then told him that it had been 7 weeks and I had nothing and that he had better have something for me next Friday and that if he didn't that I would pull my deposit and make it a point to tell anybody that would listen about the way they B. S ed me.
Old 12/5/04, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@December 5, 2004, 1:54 PM
lucky louy i hate to ask but if u dont mind since u put $2000 down and all how much r ur monthly payments cuz im putting 5 and i dont want my payments to be huge u know
I put $2000 over the phone just to secure the vehicle. I waited too long to pass up my chance - considering all the bad news i was hearing from my dealer about delays. When I got to the dealership I ended up putting down another $6k - my monthly payments are a little over $460 for 60months. I plan on paying it off in 36 months. So in the end I should fair out okay B)
Old 12/5/04, 08:02 PM

i placed my order 10/25 and still no info called my dealer and ford and still no vin no build. been told that i may not even see my car till the end of February . Black GT
Old 12/5/04, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

That's crap, do you have your DORA?
Old 12/6/04, 07:27 PM
V6 Member

what's a DORA how do i get one?
Old 12/6/04, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by drizztbob@December 5, 2004, 10:12 PM
was told that i wont see my dora till they pull my order which my dealership tells me January i have been calling FORD myself and of course they cant tell you anything really without a VIN
Old 12/6/04, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow+December 6, 2004, 10:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mustangshadow @ December 6, 2004, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-drizztbob@December 5, 2004, 10:12 PM
was told that i wont see my dora till they pull my order which my dealership tells me January i have been calling FORD myself and of course they cant tell you anything really without a VIN [/b][/quote]
No no no, they are wrong. You should be able to get your DORA the day you place your order with them. It is simply a confirmation that the dealer has submitted your order to ford. Be persistant. Salespeople will bend the truth...I know, I am one.
Old 12/6/04, 09:41 PM

thanx drizztbob for the info i have been trying to be persistant but they make it hard, to make it worse one time i called ford told them i didnt have a vin number so they asked my order number and dealership name and they looked it up and said my car was being built and call back in a few days for a vin i was so excited...but when i called back they said nope your car is not on the line and i told them about how they said i wouldnt even see my car till mid to end february the guy said that sounds correct... and when i ask them about the dora they always say whats a DORA so then i have to explain...
Old 12/7/04, 02:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by drizztbob+December 6, 2004, 10:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drizztbob @ December 6, 2004, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mustangshadow@December 6, 2004, 10:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-drizztbob
@December 5, 2004, 10:12 PM

was told that i wont see my dora till they pull my order which my dealership tells me January i have been calling FORD myself and of course they cant tell you anything really without a VIN
No no no, they are wrong. You should be able to get your DORA the day you place your order with them. It is simply a confirmation that the dealer has submitted your order to ford. Be persistant. Salespeople will bend the truth...I know, I am one.[/b][/quote]
I think it depends on when Ford pulls the order from the dealer.
I ordered mine on a Saturday and my salesman said Ford pulls from their dealership on Thursdays. I could get my DORA then. He called me the following Thursday with a DORA. Not sure if all dealerships get pulled the same day.
Old 12/8/04, 11:19 AM

I got " THE CALL" from the dealership saying my GT was in their possesion !!! The dealer said they were waiting on a call back from Ford regarding info on the Z plan I'm using.I hope to pick it up today but if not then Thursday it is!