2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealerships in Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/05, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may be a hike for some but Prince Frederick Ford in Calvert County always seems to have a lone GT sitting on their lot. I drove by one day and saw a satin silver gt sitting there between about 10 V6s and bought it. No mark ups. As a matter of fact, I posted on here a couple weeks ago that they had a sonic blue gt sitting on their lot but nobody seemed interested. If you don't mind paying MSRP, I would check them out.
Old 9/8/05, 09:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

I was at Koons Ford is Baltimore yesterday because I wanted to see Vista Blue in person (wish I would have waited ). Anyways they had $4k markups on their Mustang GTs.
Old 9/8/05, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bpmurr@September 8, 2005, 11:41 AM
I was at Koons Ford is Baltimore yesterday because I wanted to see Vista Blue in person (wish I would have waited ). Anyways they had $4k markups on their Mustang GTs.
Some things never change...they were doing the same a year ago. :notnice:
Old 9/8/05, 10:10 AM
Bullitt Member

I did not see any mark ups on the V6 models at Bob Bell but then they had a bunch of them.
Old 9/8/05, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Nichole@September 8, 2005, 9:52 AM
Some things never change...they were doing the same a year ago. :notnice:
If you don't mind me asking what kind of deal did Koons give you? I'm just such a big fan of Crystal Koons. She's going to wow me!
Old 9/8/05, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bpmurr@September 8, 2005, 1:04 PM
If you don't mind me asking what kind of deal did Koons give you? I'm just such a big fan of Crystal Koons!
She's hot huh? NOT!
No deal at all if you ask me, first GT and MSRP, considering people still aren't getting that I guess you could call it a deal.
Old 9/8/05, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by pittperson@September 7, 2005, 10:05 PM
Might want to check out Crystal Ford in Silver Spring or Len Stoler in Owings Mills. I've heard for a few other MD'ers that they are decent dealers. But whatever you do, stay away from (CR)Apple Ford in Columbia.
PS. I'd be cool to get a MD cruise setup some time before it gets cold. Anyone else up for trying to organize something like that?
I've read a lot of ppl bashing Apple Ford. I ordered mine there on 7/30 and is schelued to be in next week (9/15) I had no problems dealing with them. Got x-plan too. But i did know more about the car the the dealer did . So all in all i got no problems with them. Maybe im lucky
Old 9/8/05, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by gertstang@September 8, 2005, 2:45 PM
I've read a lot of ppl bashing Apple Ford. I ordered mine there on 7/30 and is schelued to be in next week (9/15) I had no problems dealing with them. Got x-plan too. But i did know more about the car the the dealer did . So all in all i got no problems with them. Maybe im lucky
Guess it all depends on who you catch working that day....
Old 9/8/05, 03:36 PM
GT Member

IS there a seperate thread about Apple ford that someone knows of? Whats the problem. I haven't ordered yet, but the guy I have talked to said he would take x-plan no problem and should be 6-8 weeks? Any deallings with Apple and what is the major problem?

Thanks
Old 9/8/05, 03:37 PM
GT Member

Gerstang, keep us informed of your purchase, i would like to know how the transaction concludes.......to see if its apple ford or (cr)apple ford
Old 9/8/05, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by NYtoDCStang@September 8, 2005, 4:40 PM
Gerstang, keep us informed of your purchase, i would like to know how the transaction concludes.......to see if its apple ford or (cr)apple ford
Okie Dokie. Like i said supposed to be in next week(9/15). I gotta work so im not goin to go get it till the 17th. But ill let ya know how it goes. I sure hope it goes smoothly
Old 9/8/05, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by NYtoDCStang@September 8, 2005, 5:39 PM
IS there a seperate thread about Apple ford that someone knows of? Whats the problem. I haven't ordered yet, but the guy I have talked to said he would take x-plan no problem and should be 6-8 weeks? Any deallings with Apple and what is the major problem?

Thanks
Here is my experience with them... this was with the service department, I personally haven't dealt the the sales department.

-----------------
I decided to try to have my fuel tank replaced on my 05 Mustang GT per Fords TSB. I pulled into the service center explained the (common) problem of the pump shutting off and/or fuel spraying all over me while filling up. I even brought in an article on this problem to help the service department understand it.

I was told that I would have to leave my car at the shop for 4-5 days so they could diagnose the problem. I asked why they had to do this and if they had a fuel pump in their garage. They do not have a fuel pump. I asked how they were planning on recreating the problem. Can someone explain to me why they would need my car for 4-5 days to diagnose this problem and how they might plan on doing so? I see no reason at all why they would need to keep my car for that duration.

Needless to say I was very ticked off, the TSB is out there, it is a known problem, I showed the technician the write up about the problem, and they still wanted to keep my car for the better half of a week! Why would I arbitrarily walk into the service center and ask for a new tank if there was nothing wrong with mine? Not a very good service department if you ask me.
Old 9/8/05, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I work right up the street from Len Stoler in Owings Mills I'll stop by to see what kind of markups they have tomorrow. They usually have a GT or two there and some Roush conversions.

I have been ok with their service dept so far. I had it in for a computer throttle harness and sensor TSB and the front strut pop TSB with no problems.

Also had it in for missing screws for the rocker panel attaches inside the wheel well, missing push pins that hold the underhood insulation and a broken plastic piece in the trunk that holds the trunk light and center brake light with no problem. No I did not buy from them but from Apple in Red Lion Pennsylvania. I am not sure they are affiliated with Apple in Maryland

I also spoke to them about mods and they told me verbally that they were ok with mods and warranty repairs as long as the mods were not the cause of the failure.
Old 9/8/05, 06:16 PM

Got my GT from Miller Bros. in Ellicott City which should be here next
week. They're not the largest dealer around but they aren't marking
up theirs either. After getting bumped from my 05 to a 06 my long,
long, long, wait should be coming to a end. Its funny because I'm
not getting to excited yet. After all the delays I think it will hit me
all at once when he hands me the keys. I hope I don't pass out or
do something stupid when I fire it up for the first time. By the way
ask for Chris Ritchey at Miller's.
George
Old 9/8/05, 06:34 PM
GT Member

thanks!!!
Old 9/8/05, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Stang06JS@September 7, 2005, 9:42 PM
I apologize if there is already a thread on this...
I haven't seen too many folks in here from Maryland. I was wondering if anyone has had the "pleasure" of dealing with any dealerships in there. The dealership I ordered mine from isn't very responsive to any of my requests or questions. It was like pulling teeth to get my order number.
I ordered my car July 20 and as of now it is still in C/U.
I guess after reading a lot of these posts (I admit I am hooked) this seems to be the norm. I am just impatient, that's all.
I think someone here said it best when they said that as long as the ERL is still saying "Clean and Unscheduled" she will be Evil.
This place is awesome. So many of you are very cool.
I am going to go broke with all the ideas I am getting here!
06 GT Prem, PW, Manual, 18" Blades, IUP, 500 Shaker
Crouse Ford in Taneytown. MSRP right off the truck!
Old 9/8/05, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by jwgroovin@September 8, 2005, 7:56 PM
Crouse Ford in Taneytown. MSRP right off the truck!
John,

I saw the C stripes pics on your cardomain page. The car looks awesome. Do I see 18 inch chrome bullits in your future....

Oh and just so everyone knows I had my deal set at $450 over invoice. I ordered my car in Nov 04 and it didn't come until May 05. In that time I got my Masters so I qualified for the student rebate so I ended up paying $50 under invoice. I don't see Len Stoler giving that good of a deal now but I would say they could do $500 to $1000 over invoice easy on a GT coupe.
Old 9/9/05, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine from Len Stoler up in Baltimore back in February. Dealt with Vickie Warren also, who was nice, but fed me b.s. for a few months ("DORA, I'm not familiar with that term, but rest assured your car has been ordered"). Little did she know that I'm on this board 10 times a day and knew that they never submitted my '05 order. Funny thing is, the day '06 orders could be submitted, she called me and faxed the DORA.

Car was built last week, so I should have it any week now. My plan is to use Sheehy for service, as I hear they are very mod friendly (plus they are only 10 minutes away).
Old 9/9/05, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry I didn't get to Stoler to check markups today. It was one of those days I didn't get achance for lunch.

You say Sheehy is also ok with mods, I'll keep that in mind if I have any prbs with Stoler. Thanks.
Old 9/9/05, 08:26 PM

I dealt with Crystal Ford as they had what I wanted on the lot (I really did not want to wait if possible especially because I was buying a V6) and they were willing to go below MSRP. The internet sales guy was great but the sales manager was a bit of a putz ("let's hurry this along and finish it up" when we were trying to decide if we liked a second car we saw there over the first we came in for). He almost hurried himself out of a sale. :nono: Watch out for the finance dept though. We almost walked out without my car due to some crap they tried to pull... Guess they thought they were dealing with stupid people... :bang: :angry:
Jennifer

Quick Reply: Dealerships in Maryland