2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer Response to Question about 05

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/04, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an email i wrote to a local dealership about an ordering question that i had:

"I am getting ready to buy a new car (the old ones on its last legs), and I am looking at the 2005 Mustang GT. I know that it is not out yet, but the rumor on the street is that the first day that you will be able to order one is May 17th, 2004, so just a couple of months away. I would like to use the X-plan to order the mustang, and I will be starting work for Ernst and Young on September 7, 2004, which ironically is JOB 1 for the new mustang. So here is my question to you: Since there is no money exchanged at the order date, can I order it in May under the plan to pick it up in September for the X-plan price? I look forward to dealing with ***** Ford on this matter."

and heres what he had to say:

response 1: "At this point I don't really have a hard answer for you. We have a couple issues to tackle. Availability, if dealers are only allowed a few GT'S per month, then dealers will be reluctant to let one go at x-plan. Dealers are not forced to do x-plan's, by Ford. Then Dealers may not originally be allowed to even order these units. They may be only allowed to take delivery of what the factory decides to send. The best laid plans always go awry. Very rarely do new models become available when they say. Lastly you mention a new job in September. Assuming all the other stuff works itself out we would need to make sure we could sell you the vehicle once it made it here. Credit and Job history are part of this process. I will look into all the angles and see if I can answer your questions. "

response 2: "I was pretty much correct on all accounts. Dealers will not be able to order GT's for probably 6 months into the release of the new model. The manufacturer will decide what dealer receives what. The dealer you decide to work with can probably use one they have in stock to trade for the closest type of unit you want. The number of units available will limited as well. Pricing and ordering guides are not out yet and may or may not make it for the may date. In any case ordering a unit will not work. If I can help further just let me know. "

SOOO...my question to all the ford dealers out there...(kevinb) is: does this guy know what he is talking about or will i not be able to order what I want?

Does any ford dealer out there want to work with me on this matter? I would rather give my business to a dealer who wants to sell my what i want instead of what they think i want.

Also - another guy I wrote said that he doesnt know whether the X-plan will be eligible on the 05 stang. Does anyone know about this??

thanks!
Old 4/12/04, 07:48 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Arrow

hahah, the factory is just going to send what it wants to the dealerships, and the dealerships have no say, and can't order any.

Yeah that sounds like a great way to do business :bang:

I'm sure there is going to be a demand at first...but its a car...
its not going to be FLYING off the shelf like a Cabage Patch Doll

They aren't limited production runs etc.
I have a feeling they are going to for the first couple months try and squeeze people who want one.
To heck with that....

We should all learn (yet again) what happened with the Mach1s and Cobra's.

They were greedy at first...people paid...
but months later...they can't even give them away....
Old 4/12/04, 07:51 PM

What exactly is the X-plan & what other plan(s) are there?
Old 4/12/04, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

DAYMNIT! www.google.com will give you a wealth of information on many subjects such as this one... or you could read one of the FIVE threads entitled X-PLAN. Thanks.
Old 4/12/04, 08:23 PM

Question

Sorry I didn't know. I'm pretty much a newbie around here.

Maybe you should switch to decalf ... :shock:
Old 4/12/04, 08:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
From the mumblings Ive heard from local dealers, get ready to hear "no" alot to dicounts or xplans. Supply will be VERY limited for a while. I don't know if us lowly salespeople will have any say in the matter. And retail orders CAN be placed, wether they show up before November/December, we shall see. I keep saying that 180k units is not NEARLY enough to go around. The inquiries are starting to come in quite a few times a day now. There is still a HUGE shortage of Lariat F-series right now.
Old 4/12/04, 08:35 PM
GT Member

thanks kev for the response, i guess i will just have to wait like everyone else...dang
Old 4/12/04, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Boomer@Apr. 12th, 2004, 8:51 PM
hahah, the factory is just going to send what it wants to the dealerships, and the dealerships have no say, and can't order any.

Yeah that sounds like a great way to do business :bang:

I'm sure there is going to be a demand at first...but its a car...
its not going to be FLYING off the shelf like a Cabage Patch Doll

They aren't limited production runs etc.
I have a feeling they are going to for the first couple months try and squeeze people who want one.
To heck with that....

We should all learn (yet again) what happened with the Mach1s and Cobra's.

They were greedy at first...people paid...
but months later...they can't even give them away....
Boomer, Id like to give the car more credit then that. I have 18 pre-orders myself just for Hybrid Escapes. Only about 15 so far for Stangs(with about 100 "buddies" that are very interested though). Given that we have 70 salespeople total, I figure we will have easilly 2000 requests/preemptive orders by June. Mabye way over 5000 by mid summer.
Old 4/12/04, 08:50 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not trying to downplay it,
Its going to do well...no doubt about it.

However, I just don't want ford to create a 'fake shortage'

Yes the first couple months will be tight, but that is why Ford threw the Job1 into sept.
Not many people will be buying new cars in Oct-Dec (in the snowy regions...) so it allows them to ramp up production for the pre-orders.
Old 4/12/04, 09:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Its not Ford that creates a shortage. They make no extra money if we sell them for 10k over sticker or invoice.
Old 4/12/04, 10:15 PM
Banned

I doubt they will say no to x-plans. The dealership I have talked to has no problem with my D-Plan so why would they with x?

Oh and from your email ... Sept sounds WAAAY too late for Job 1. This car is supposed to be out in the fall. I think July is a better Job 1 estimate.
Old 4/12/04, 10:20 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Grantsdale@Apr. 13th, 2004, 4:18 AM
I doubt they will say no to x-plans. The dealership I have talked to has no problem with my D-Plan so why would they with x?

Oh and from your email ... Sept sounds WAAAY too late for Job 1. This car is supposed to be out in the fall. I think July is a better Job 1 estimate.
Sept. 7 is the confirmed Job 1.
Old 4/12/04, 11:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm sorry but i've become frustrated with the frequency of repostings and insipid threads. See my equally insipid thread.
Welcome to the boards.
Old 4/12/04, 11:53 PM
GT Member

So i just got this email from a different dealer here, seemed a lot more upbeat about being able to order on the x-plan early.

Email:

"Ordering your new 2005 Mustang GT will be no problem. Just stop by any time after May 17th most orders take about 8 to 10 weeks, we ask for a $500.00 refundable deposit. When the unit arrives is when we'll need the PIN number for your X-plan price. What ever rebates or interest rate specials being offered by FORD and your X-plan price are based on "at time of delivery" is what will be used. Please call or stop by with any questions."

I am assuming that he means 8-10 weeks after the JOB 1 date.

otherwise sounds great to me!
Old 4/13/04, 12:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a good dealer to me.
Old 4/13/04, 01:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

There is way too much unknown at this point. We will know much more from Ford just before the order bank opens.
Old 4/13/04, 08:17 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by usdclark@Apr. 12th, 2004, 8:22 PM
"I was pretty much correct on all accounts. Dealers will not be able to order GT's for probably 6 months into the release of the new model."
How bout a family size portion of bull feces for ya?

There, now, didn't that taste good? :bang:
Old 4/13/04, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Well, it is true that Ford will try and make you take crap you don't want or need. they are called SRO if I remember correctly. (suggested retail orders), but if you have any kind or decent new car manager or someone who orders the vehicles, its is their job to call Ford up and see what's going on. Now I am sure there will be late availability on certain things, but I would think we would be able to order cars by no later than late August.
Old 4/13/04, 09:35 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
sounds like the first dealer was thinking Ford GT. Not Ford Mustang GT
Old 4/13/04, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by burningman@Apr. 13th, 2004, 9:38 AM
sounds like the first dealer was thinking Ford GT. Not Ford Mustang GT
Yea that would defiantly make more since, but the guy clearly said that he wanted a 05 Mustang GT.

Quick Reply: Dealer Response to Question about 05