2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer Allocations in SOCAL (L.A. area) - Z Plan

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/05, 09:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I went to several dealerships in and around LA today. Only Sunshine Ford in North Hollywood even gave me a little hope of getting s 06 GT vert. The normal salesmen will not even talk to you. They immediatly shuttle you over to "fleet sales." That guy was very nice but he said he had no idea what their o6 allocation would be. His guess was that Fords underestimation of the popularity of this car in 05 would lead to an over correction and plenty of 06s to allow the use of the Z plan for 06.

It wasn't exactly a promise but it was better than Beverly Hills Ford where the sales woman came right out and said they would have to sell cars to all of the customers willing to pay full price before they even touch the a/z/x plan wait list (commendable honesty I guess).

The fleet guy from the first place told me to check back in about a month for more info.

Question: Will people on this board know when dealers get the 06 allocation info?

Does this sound like a line or am I dealing with a straight shooter?

Any help is much appreciated. Also, if anyone has a good recommendation for a place in this part of the state (SD to LA) that honors the plans with none of the hassle please post.

Thanks!
Old 7/31/05, 09:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by davetito@July 30, 2005, 8:54 PM
My wife and I went to several dealerships in and around LA today. Only Sunshine Ford in North Hollywood even gave me a little hope of getting s 06 GT vert. The normal salesmen will not even talk to you. They immediatly shuttle you over to "fleet sales." That guy was very nice but he said he had no idea what their o6 allocation would be. His guess was that Fords underestimation of the popularity of this car in 05 would lead to an over correction and plenty of 06s to allow the use of the Z plan for 06.

It wasn't exactly a promise but it was better than Beverly Hills Ford where the sales woman came right out and said they would have to sell cars to all of the customers willing to pay full price before they even touch the a/z/x plan wait list (commendable honesty I guess).

The fleet guy from the first place told me to check back in about a month for more info.

Question: Will people on this board know when dealers get the 06 allocation info?

Does this sound like a line or am I dealing with a straight shooter?

Any help is much appreciated. Also, if anyone has a good recommendation for a place in this part of the state (SD to LA) that honors the plans with none of the hassle please post.

Thanks!

Thank you for the PM responses exeryone - I think I am going to try for the Fleet option and failing that I will try some different dealerships north and south of LA. Its worth a drive to get an amazing car and a good deal.