2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

A day in the life of a Mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/06, 06:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A day in the life of a Mustang...

Here's a funny story with a perfect ending...

Last Wednesday, It's a nice pre summer day out. It's suppose to be in the 70's. I went to work early, so I could get out early. I'm watching the clock all day. When 2:00PM comes around I'm out of there.

I washed and waxed the car last Saturday. Today, I was just going to spray it off and towel off the water drops. All went well, the car looked perfect. I cruised around for a couple of hours. Lots' of stares and some crazy young woman pointing and yelling "I love that car".

So, I'm on my way home. I come up to this light. I'm in the far right lane. I can go straight through, but the lane then becomes a right turn only lane. I dont' want to take the right at the next light, so I'm going to have to get over a lane to the left.

As soon as the light changes, I'm off. I'm not roasting them or anything, but I'm getting on it. Next thing I know, the Porsche 911 next to me is racing me! I can hear him and I can see the nose of his car comming up alongside my door... I'm like, WTF, I'm not racing you.

Here's the funny part... Next thing I hear is his car sputtering as he's bouncing off his rev limiter. I shift to second, chirp the back tires and I'm gone. The light at the next intersection turns yellow and I sail through it. The dude has to stop for the red.

The worst part was that his girlfriend/wife was with him. I bet he felt like a dope.

I'm not a street racer, but I can see the appeal...