2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

On Dash Info Center

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/07 | 11:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jay_wx
Well you *can* get the IUP cluster added to your car, many people on the boards here have had it done. Cost is around $400 and it works great - I had it done on my car in fact, works great.
I had this done in my '05 as well, but in order to get it done, you must have the wiring harness behind the spot where the 3 buttons will go and from what I have read, in the '06 models till now, Ford stopped installing the harness on the non-IUP models... So you might want to check behind the plate to make sure you can do the upgrade before ordering anything...
Old 4/2/07 | 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

That will **** me off if they made is so you can not upgrade to the MyColor Cluster and the Three button Info center.
Old 4/2/07 | 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS
If you add that cluster, does it come with the Three "Info" buttons for the left hand side of the Dash??
You mean right side? You need to get new gauge cluster (around $400) and 3-buttons ($40) if you want msg center w/ mycolor to work. Wiring is already there. This leaves you $20 and with that you can't get anything included with IUP... it would have cost only $460 to you.
Old 4/2/07 | 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea... but I could not have had it installed after the fact. I purchased the car already assembled.(No Waiting) Had Lemon lawed my 2006 VW Passat, and only had a week to get into another car before I had to turn in my VW. I really wanted the IUP, but no choice since I wanted my GT/CS in Black w/Tan top and Black/Parchment interior, also has the Shaker1000.

Sorry about the left side of dash comment, I meant the three buttons on the right side of wheel but left side of the console.
Old 4/2/07 | 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mvon919
This leaves you $20 and with that you can't get anything included with IUP... it would have cost only $460 to you.
Yes, those who had the cluster upgraded afterwards spent more on the IUP package than those who bought it with the package already installed, but if you wind up getting a great deal on the car, then why worry about it? Some folks like the cluster but hate the aluminum dash panels, so it's a perfect upgrade for them. And if you want the rest, the sill aluminum sill plates and door handles aren't expensive at all, neither are the steering wheel and shifter ****. Yeah, it may cost you a little more but like I said, if you find a great deal on a car that's already on the lot you can afford a few upgrades like that if you want them and still come out ahead .
Old 4/2/07 | 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Check with o5stangkc, I'm sure he'll be able to tell you if you can upgrade your car or not. And give you a good price on the parts.
Old 4/2/07 | 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS
Yea... but I could not have had it installed after the fact. I purchased the car already assembled.(No Waiting) Had Lemon lawed my 2006 VW Passat, and only had a week to get into another car before I had to turn in my VW. I really wanted the IUP, but no choice since I wanted my GT/CS in Black w/Tan top and Black/Parchment interior, also has the Shaker1000.

Sorry about the left side of dash comment, I meant the three buttons on the right side of wheel but left side of the console.
Ok. I understand your IUPless now. Must have been some dealer-know-it-all who ordered your car with everything else minus IUP-.
Old 4/2/07 | 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah....****es me off. But it was the only one in the SouthEastern United States that had what I wanted in it (Except IUP)....now I really wish I had it!!