2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

darn Racoons!

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/06, 10:40 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My whole front bumper is all cracked up and my radiator is messed up, looks like I gotta do a insurance claim.
I haven't filed many claims so from what i gather, an insurance adjuster will come to my home and inspect my car then cut me a check?

One good thing is that now i have an excuse to get the roush front fascia whooo!
Old 4/23/06, 10:48 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The only pizza I hate.... Road Pizza.

Sorry to hear man.
Old 4/23/06, 11:01 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RIP

Old 4/23/06, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Yeah i want to start a racoon hunting club right now so bad.
Old 4/23/06, 01:07 PM
Cam Tease

I'm in.
Old 4/23/06, 03:02 PM
Closet American

Yeah, the only good animal is a dead animal, eh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 03:04 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Animals are tasty

I don't know how tasty 'coons are though, I'm not from West Virginia
Old 4/23/06, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ April 23, 2006, 5:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Animals are tasty

[/b][/quote]

They do make cool hats !

[attachmentid=47668]
Old 4/23/06, 04:08 PM
GT Member

Hahah, gotta love the comedy on this site. but will my insurance company let me put on an aftermarket bumper or will i have to put the stock one back on?
Old 4/23/06, 04:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jason929rr @ April 23, 2006, 6:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hahah, gotta love the comedy on this site. but will my insurance company let me put on an aftermarket bumper or will i have to put the stock one back on?
[/b][/quote]

They will pay for what the stock bumper costs to replace. You will have to make up the difference.
Old 4/23/06, 04:35 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jason929rr @ April 23, 2006, 2:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Just get a quote to replace the factory bumper. The insurance will pay you that much minus deductible. Then use the money to put on the aftermarket bumper of your choice.
Old 4/23/06, 04:57 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There's a beer comercial on the radio right now:

"If you love animals....
especially medium rare...
welcome home brother...."
Old 4/23/06, 06:03 PM
V6 Member

I hit a possum at 80 on the highway a couple weeks ago, it made one heck of a thud. i was afraid to look for damage, but found the bottom of the front bumper's paint spiderwebbed just a bit, have to look from under to see it. but a cdc classic will cover that perfectly [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] also had 2 deer run infront of me, and a dog on the highway.
Old 4/23/06, 07:45 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ April 23, 2006, 2:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Animals are tasty

[/b][/quote]
I once overheard a couple of bears saying the same thing about humans. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Good job animals haven't learned how to build tools or make weapons. Imagine how much pent up anger they have towards us. We'd be toast. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a similar experience yesterday. I was in the process of passing a semi on a right curve when what should appear in my lane, directly ahead of me but the remains of some kind of animal. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] I didn't have time to play what's what, as I was on cruise control at 70MPH, and there was a dead animal 100 ft in front of me, with a semi on my right and the cement centre divider a foot from the edge of the left lane but it looked like it might be the hind quarters of some game animal. I had installed my chin spoiler only the day before, and I knew I had ~5 inches of clearance, and this thing was at least a foot off the ground, and a couple across. To exacerbate the situation, it was at altitude, cold, and there was a danger of ice on the road. Thankfully, the remains were somewhat to the right of the centre of the lane and I had just enough time to make a slight course correction to the left. I cringed as I neared the divider and hoped for the best but I could tell I wasn't going to clear it. My heart sank as I felt the impact on my right front quarter. I heard the snap of bone. A glance in the rearview showed cadaver spinning off as I slowed, gently testing my brakes and steering. The semi's driver had seen what had happened and had slowed as well, allowing me to pull over and find a safe place to stop, all the while dreading what I kind of damage would be created by an impact with 30-40 lbs of deer. I can only imagine that it must have glanced off the front tire as I swerved because I could find no visible evidence of damage whatsoever. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

You can imagine my relief. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you have 0 deductible comprehensive, your insurance should pick up the whole shebang. I have State Farm, and we've had three similar claims - Suburban vs. Deer - $3,000, Beetle vs rubber chunk of tire tread - $1800 Racoon versus Beetle - $3000. O deductible on comprehensive - priceless!

The racoon did almost no visible body damage, but it tore up the radiator support and all the plastic stuff underneath that you can't see. Nasty bugger.

Anyhow, our agent said that as long as you don't swerve and lose control or hit something/someone else, an animal hit is an act of God no fault claim on your comprehensive.
Old 4/23/06, 09:41 PM
GTR Member

Hey jason,I'll be selling my stock front fascia soon as My Roush one is delivered and installed.should be here any day now. If you want to wait on your Roush one that is..PM me if you are interested. You could get a check and buy mine at a much lower price and pocket the difference.Just a thought. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 4/24/06, 09:48 AM
GT Member

If an adjuster comes out to view your car they won't take it apart to see any underlying damage. The whole truth to the extent of the damage comes when they dissassemble it. I leared this recently after I got rear-ended. If I settled with the original estimate I would have been out payment for the damage they found underneath. Just be careful.

I would assume that you could take it to a shop that would ultimately do your work for you and get the initial estimate and then a supplemental after they tear it apart. Then you could take the money they give you, add some of your own and get the parts you wanted. IMO.
Old 4/24/06, 10:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Ouch that hurts!
I guess the best thing to do is floor it! get that front end off the ground more!
Old 4/24/06, 11:52 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(06VISTA @ April 23, 2006, 8:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I hit a possum at 80 on the highway a couple weeks ago, it made one heck of a thud. i was afraid to look for damage, but found the bottom of the front bumper's paint spiderwebbed just a bit, have to look from under to see it. but a cdc classic will cover that perfectly [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] also had 2 deer run infront of me, and a dog on the highway.
[/b][/quote]

I almost hit a COW! 0430 in the morning on a dark country road! The only thing I saw were is two glowing eyes

Quick Reply: darn Racoons!