Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darn this beater

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/07, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darn this beater

So I've noticed something happening when I'm not driving my stang now. It seems that whenever I'm in my beater (96 Maxima) there's some punk kid that pulls up next to me and is trying to act all cool in his ricer or whatever. I can't help but think, "Darn, if only I had the stang, I could just blow this punk away and take that stupid smirk off his face." Haha.

Of course there's the times when I drive up next to some chick and I wish I had the much more impressive stang.

Anyone else experience these (or similar) "if only" moments?
Old 2/16/07, 03:37 PM

Yeah I feel like sometimes, but I drive my explorer the same way I drive my stang. Even during the summer when I see people driving their bikes and I'm in the stang, I think **** I want to ride my bike now haha! it never ends everyone dress's to impress.
Old 2/16/07, 04:05 PM
Cobra R Member

FYI: You could probably blow him away in your Max. I had a 97 Maxima SE has my daily driver, and loved it. It was a great car, was pretty quick, and could get moving at any speed. Unfortunately, the torque steer is a little obtrusive, and it's even worse for the newer ones.

BTW, that issues happens to me all the time. I either have my daily driver when I see a nice mustang, or I have my daily driver when I see a nice girl.
Old 2/16/07, 04:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
My 'Stang *is* my daily driver! No such problems here...
Old 2/16/07, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol.. small world.. just sold my 96 Maxima SE to buy the stang. I know what you mean about getting caught without your GT... seems like the best challenges come when I'm driving my wife's accord!
Old 2/16/07, 05:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
What he said! Mine's a daily driver too! Why suffer when you can drive one of the coolest cars ever, every day?
Old 2/16/07, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

the lil ladies car...the motor blew, just got a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8...its fun with full-time 4-wheel lol but the cutlass remains in the side yard...waiting for a new heart so it can be sold for more
Old 2/16/07, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, it seems I see more cool Mustangs (and those smug ricers) when not driving my Stang. I go to wave at the other Mustang drivers then I realize they would wonder "what's up with the driver of that ugly blue truck?"

But at least I don't have to wash my LL beauty...
Old 2/16/07, 07:13 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I rarely ever see other mustangs when I'm driving my stang. Only when I'm driving something else.
Old 2/17/07, 08:44 AM
Banned

Hey at least you have a good beater. I am stationed in Maine and right now it looks like the Planet "Hoth" outside. My beater is an old beat up kia sportage with a cassette deck and a driver's window that is stuck in the up position. You should see how people look at me when I go through the drive through window and have to open the door to get the food. Peolple look at me like I am a "LOSER" but they don't know what I have lurking in the garage until summer! Mu Ha Ha HAAAAH!
Old 2/17/07, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Same here. I bought the stang to keep the mileage and winter punishment off of other cars I have.
Old 2/17/07, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I drive a 1987 Nissan Pulsar for a Winter beater and I know what you mean, it kind a sucks.
Old 2/17/07, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

or how about the scenario when you ARE in your stang... and you DO find a punk... but he doesn't want to race you..... my guess is probably he know's he'll LOSE! so he doesn't even bother....
Old 2/17/07, 09:53 AM

I have an '06 van for work and have noticed that import drivers will drive rediculously (obnoxious lane changes, revving engine through town, etc.). Not seemingly challenging the van, per se.

BUT, I never seem to notice this rediculous driving when I'm in my Mustang and, I'll tell you, I'm practically studying the import drivers - waiting for this driving behavior. I've found that 99% of the time, while driving my Mustang, they drive very casually on the highway and I never hear as much as a peep from the fart pipes.

Oh, one exception: I was casually driving through town one evening, driving in the center lane (3 lanes) and I noticed a car in the left lane at just around my rear 1/4 panel. The car crept up beside me and I glanced at the car and saw the driver was ****ed-looking and giving me the finger. The passenger's window was down and the passenger was laughing hysterically. I gave him the "Huh, something wrong?" look, maybe I did a no-no while driving?? Just as soon as that, he pulled in the suicide lane and turned left.

Whatever. Ever try talking to one of 'em?
Old 2/17/07, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

lol what part of town do you live in??? remind me never to go there- sounds like a bunch of loonies to me.... lol present company excluded. i had an encounter not too long ago on the interstate with a subaru- now i'm not stupid... i know who and who i cannot beat lol and a subar sti is not one of them- especially the only thing i have is a cold air intake- but i played for a while... i always get nervous though cuz on the interstate- cops like to hang out in the median just over the hill so- i dont want to be caught doing something stupid... against a car i cant win against nonetheless.... turns out it was a guy i work with- he saw my car in the parking lot one day i guess when i was getting out of it- and he said hey- i saw you on the interstate-i was like ohhhh you're the guy with the wrx... anyway- i dont know what i'm rambling on about.... lol
Old 2/17/07, 04:25 PM

Uhhh...
sounds like a bunch of loonies to me.... lol present company excluded.
mmmmmk.
Old 2/17/07, 05:07 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I totally feel you man, I always get that feeling when i'm driving in my truck
Old 2/17/07, 05:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
Hey at least you have a good beater. I am stationed in Maine and right now it looks like the Planet "Hoth" outside. My beater is an old beat up kia sportage with a cassette deck and a driver's window that is stuck in the up position. You should see how people look at me when I go through the drive through window and have to open the door to get the food. Peolple look at me like I am a "LOSER" but they don't know what I have lurking in the garage until summer! Mu Ha Ha HAAAAH!

Nice
Old 2/17/07, 09:13 PM
Cobra R Member

I don't know what you guys are talkin about guys comeon...my 98 taurus is a pimpmobile

Wait no its not...**** im in that boat till spring
Old 2/17/07, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

haha...just thought about a funny story, had to post, i was in lansing, came to a 4 lane 4-way with a light, kid pulls next to me in in a prelude i think? lol anyways, he revs her up, all 11hp, and i heard the infamous bumble bee, so i rev the stang up, and i have the flowmasters,...he clicked his blinker on and turned at the point, i see the guy in the van behind me givin the thumbs up and just about balling, and i waved as the light turned green and took off, that was a afternoon worth remembering lol, anybody have stories, scaring them off before they try?

Quick Reply: Darn this beater