2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dallas this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/10, 05:15 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas this weekend

Hey guys. i am heading up to dallas, tx to watch a triathalon on sat. just wondering if/where there are any car meet-ups. oh and any good places to check out. i havnt been there since i was a kid. thanks.
Old 6/9/10, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Kurt, I moved away from Dallas a couple of years ago (up North now), great city. There is a lot to do in Dallas, just depends on what you're looking for. Let me know what types of things you're looking for and I might be able to help out.

As for car meet ups, unfortunately I didn't make it to too many, but you might want to see if Dallas Mustang has anything on their site in terms of local events.
Old 6/9/10, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by snster
Hey guys. i am heading up to dallas, tx to watch a triathalon on sat. just wondering if/where there are any car meet-ups. oh and any good places to check out. i havnt been there since i was a kid. thanks.
The local Mustang Club (NTMC) is having it's monthly cruise/show Saturday night. It's not a huge event but there's typically 50+ cars there.

More information can be found here:
http://www.ntmc.org/

Event Details:
NTMC Cruise Night

Cracker Barrel Lewisville
at I-35E and Fox Ave.
Entry Fee $10.00
Registration begins at 5 PM.
Old 6/9/10, 08:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by UMich97
Hey Kurt, I moved away from Dallas a couple of years ago (up North now), great city. There is a lot to do in Dallas, just depends on what you're looking for. Let me know what types of things you're looking for and I might be able to help out.

As for car meet ups, unfortunately I didn't make it to too many, but you might want to see if Dallas Mustang has anything on their site in terms of local events.
this girl i am talkin to has a triathalon up there on sat and we are getting into town fri night. dont know what exactly is on the sched so i will let you know after i talk to her.
Old 6/9/10, 08:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
The local Mustang Club (NTMC) is having it's monthly cruise/show Saturday night. It's not a huge event but there's typically 50+ cars there.

More information can be found here:
http://www.ntmc.org/

Event Details:
NTMC Cruise Night

Cracker Barrel Lewisville
at I-35E and Fox Ave.
Entry Fee $10.00
Registration begins at 5 PM.
thats awesome man. cant wait. i will plug in the info in the gps. thanks!
Old 6/9/10, 08:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'll be in Dallas, actually Frisco, this weekend too. Might head over to Lewisville to check out the Stangs too.
Old 6/9/10, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome guys, be sure and introduce yourselves. Both Pegasusphototx and I will be there. So you know what I look like, here's a shot of Mysty and I with our 1st place trophy from last weekends MCA National in Mustang, OK.

Tim
Old 6/9/10, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

You guys going to have your Stangs? I just looked up some of your old posts and those are both gorgeous cars!

Tim
Old 6/9/10, 09:47 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
You guys going to have your Stangs? I just looked up some of your old posts and those are both gorgeous cars!

Tim
I won't. The family and I are coming up in the Expedition to do a little vacationing.

Thanks for the compliment though. I'd love to bring her out so she could be with some other Stangs for a change. We don't have any kind of club around here.
Old 6/9/10, 09:52 PM
V6 Member

this is what i will be in. i did put a diff grill in though.
Old 6/9/10, 09:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by snster
this girl i am talkin to has a triathalon up there on sat and we are getting into town fri night. dont know what exactly is on the sched so i will let you know after i talk to her.
Sounds good Kurt, just let me know.
Old 6/10/10, 07:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine will parked next to Tim's. Hope to see y'all out there on Saturday.

-danny
Old 6/11/10, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

hey UMich97 no clue on what we want to do. just things that we cant do here at Ft Hood. we are about to leave. stayin in Grand Prarie area.
Old 6/11/10, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kurt, no problem. I may be a bit broad here with ideas, but not knowing, I'm just going to toss them all out. So, here goes....

Fort Worth Stock Yards
http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/
The stock yards are pretty cool as a site seeing event. Probably more of a unique experience for people that are used to an urban setting, but cool none the less. I remember going to a bar called Billy Bob's that has a bull ring inside the bar. That was pretty cool.

JFK Assassination location
http://www.jfk.org/
There should be maps to Dealy Plaza, the Texas School Book Depository, and the Grassy Knoll on the above link to the Sixth Floor Museum. Basically, it's on the West end of downtown Dallas It's a historical site and interesting to see in person.

Nightlife / Restaurants
There are some good restaurants and bars in the Uptown area, along with some smaller shops. One of my favorite places for breakfast is Breadwinners on McKinney Ave. There are also some popular places around Knox-Henderson, which is just slightly North of Uptown off I-75 at ....you guessed it, Knox St and Henerson Ave. Greenville Ave is another area that is popular, but IIRC, is more of a college age crowd (so might depend on your age if it would appeal to you or not)....if interested, it's just East off I75, near Mockingbird. Not sure how old you are or if you are into the bar scene, but in case you are, the above areas are popular areas. There are definitely a tons of places to get good food in Dallas, including plenty of fancy restaurants, however I always have to make sure to hit either Spring Creek BBQ or Dickies BBQ. However, this might be something you can easily get at Ft Hood....we don't really have anything like Texas BBQ up North.

Shopping
Galleria
North Park Center

Other Entertainment
The Texas Rangers play in Arlington, which isn't far from Grand Prairie, but I think they are on the road this weekend. There is also a Six Flags in Arlington. American Airlines also has a Museum out that way, but I've actually never been to it. ...and not sure what might be going on at the AAC

There are a lot of other things to see and do in DFW, but I'm just tossing out what comes to mind. No matter what you decide to do, I'm sure you'll have a great time. I really enjoyed living in Dallas. Hope this helps.

Last edited by UMich97; 6/11/10 at 02:04 PM.
Old 6/12/10, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

went to a car meetup/show last night here in grand prairie. was pretty cool. heading into dallas. lookin around uptown. going to billy bobs later on tonight after the cruise.
Old 6/12/10, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

thanks for the help UMich. we are going to check out the JFK thing in a sec. you da man!
Old 6/12/10, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

No prob. Sounds like you're having a good time! Glad I could help. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.
Old 6/13/10, 05:48 PM
V6 Member

had a blast in dallas! thanks again for all of the info guys
Old 6/13/10, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad you had a good time Kurt...it's a great city.
Old 6/13/10, 07:01 PM
Post *****

I had a blast too. I just didn't make it here in time for the Stangs Saturday night.

Went to Cowboys Stadium today and had fun throwing the ball around on the field. Cool stuff.

Quick Reply: Dallas this weekend