2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Custom Airbrushed Flamed Cam Covers

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/06, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though I love seeing the airbrush work on the plenum covers of others I dont believe I would want anything done to mine.

However, I had to have something airbrushed underhood and its just about come time to exchange my cam covers for the powdercoated variety by Hatchman and MorrisPowderCoating.

Anyways, I want to go with the Ford Racing logo found on so many of the ol' school valve covers and have the lettering and pin striping done in Hireman's flame work. Of course the lettering would not be as pixilated as you see in the picture.

Here is the quick concept that I did up in Paint Shop. Im not quite sure if it could use anything more or less so I would like you folks to chime in on this one. Let me know what yous think.

-Dan
Old 1/18/06, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

lookin good, very hard to get any detailin the flames with such fine lines i would think
Old 1/18/06, 10:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I love the look and the concept overall. I have to agree you may not see the flames as readily with such thin lines...but I kind of like that as well.

I can't wait to see the real deal on your car!

One thing though...you guys have got to stop all of this! You keep giving me more ideas for my car. I'm going in debt just thinking about all the stuff I want to do now.

Old 1/18/06, 10:30 PM
Cobra Member

I pretty much want to test Hireman's work with this. I think he'll be able to put his .02 cents in on this one and get the job done extremely well. A chance it may be his best work for any of us yet. Im looking forward to this one.

-Dan
Old 1/19/06, 05:49 AM
Bullitt Member

You do know you have that 'concept' on there upside down....don't you?

The little bits and segments of the valve cover that you can actually see under the hood isn't worth the added price for the airbrushing...IMO

hags1
Old 1/19/06, 11:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hags1@January 19, 2006, 4:52 AM
You do know you have that 'concept' on there upside down....don't you?

The little bits and segments of the valve cover that you can actually see under the hood isn't worth the added price for the airbrushing...IMO

hags1
Ya know, some comments are just dumb...

the covers are very visable on both sides of the engine and mine will definitely stand out.

Have a good one...

-Dan
Old 1/19/06, 10:13 PM
V6 Member

Cleveland...if you are going to try and have something like that done on your covers I would definitely advise against the wrinkle texture you originally talked about getting. I kind of agree with cruisin and Milstang about the detail in the flames. Those look like some pretty thin lines....BUT then again, Hireman will be the one to answer that one. Overall though Cleveland....I think it's a kick azz design.

Since I don't have a Mustang I have to live through you guys...LOL!! After I saw Hiremans flames I knew what I'd want! What I think would look "hot" is a set of the cam covers powder coated in super mirror black (VERY SHINY) and then have Hireman do some of his flames starting at the front of the cover to about mid cover and then just a few little "wisps" of flames the rest of the way......BUT like I said....I don't have one so I'll just have to wait 'til one of you guys does something like that...LOL!!

-Kevin
Old 1/20/06, 05:20 PM
Cobra Member

I've already PMed Hatchman with the change, I believe I would like to go with a deep flat black for the covers. The flames should really stand out on that background. Also, I dont believe the lines will be too thin, there will be enough width to work within.

-Dan
Old 1/20/06, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by MorrisPowderCoating@January 19, 2006, 11:16 PM
What I think would look "hot" is a set of the cam covers powder coated in super mirror black (VERY SHINY) and then have Hireman do some of his flames starting at the front of the cover to about mid cover and then just a few little "wisps" of flames the rest of the way......
-Kevin

Now you've done it! I have another new idea of what I want done with my car!! You guys are killing me...and getting me in trouble with the wife!
Old 2/21/06, 02:28 PM
Cobra Member

Here are all the pictures that went into the concept and then the final product.

-Dan
Old 2/22/06, 11:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think that would look awsome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] And I agree everyone keeps giving me way too many ideas of mods to do to my car (When I get it) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 11:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good man, can't wait to see the finished product! Is Hireman going to do it for you?
Old 2/28/06, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, you've all seen cleveland's photoshop of what he wanted on the valve covers......heres some pics of the actual end result. We used a flat clear on them to more follow the original request.

heres a shot of what we started with after powder-coating
[attachmentid=46093]

and , the final product
[attachmentid=46094]
[attachmentid=46095]
[attachmentid=46096]
Old 2/28/06, 02:26 PM
GT Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 02:51 PM
Queen Of Nascar

That turned out really nice. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

wow, awesome!
Old 2/28/06, 10:46 PM
Cobra Member

Now I just cant wait to get em. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks so much Bill, this is truley one of a kind.

-Dan
Old 3/1/06, 02:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those things are pure sex!!!!

CLEVELAND: Where did you order those from again? And how long did they take to get? Those were the blackones correct or did you have them powder coated?
Old 3/1/06, 02:48 AM
Cobra Member

I got these done by Hireman (Bill). He used some high temp paint to get my desired effect.

The powder coated finish got ruined thanks to whoever sent their covers in prior to my name coming up on the list. No tough feelings though.

This took a few days to get done and Hireman can turn some around for you quicker since he still has the templates.

-Dan
Old 3/1/06, 09:00 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleveland @ March 1, 2006, 3:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I got these done by Hireman (Bill). He used some high temp paint to get my desired effect.

The powder coated finish got ruined thanks to whoever sent their covers in prior to my name coming up on the list. No tough feelings though.

This took a few days to get done and Hireman can turn some around for you quicker since he still has the templates.

-Dan
[/b][/quote]

How was the powdercoating ruined? I only ask because I also plan to have my covers powdercoating, and am waiting on the same list. Not only do I not want mine ruined, but I also don't want mine to ruin someone's day because I did something wrong when sending mine in.

Quick Reply: Custom Airbrushed Flamed Cam Covers